Dartmouth Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

3.2

Graduate Student Interview

I had a single interview with a friend of Dartmouth... he found me much to unfocused at the time (I was 22) :)

PhD Student Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dartmouth.

It's almost the same thing to apply for graduate schools. You take GRE, Sub and write personal statement and apply.
    No interview.
    There's campus visit for us students. No such thing for international students, so you have to learn more about this place by yourself.

PhD Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dartmouth.

I had been asked about details about my research experience such as how I did a specific experiment

no negotiation phase

Postdoctoral Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dartmouth in January 2007.

Wrote to my prospective supervisor asking if there was an opening for a postdoc. Interview consisted of dinner with a prospective colleague the night before, a one hour seminar on the day of the interview followed by 30 to 60 minute one on one interviews with each of the current lab members. Job was offered on the same day as interview and accepted after two weeks.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dartmouth in March 2007.

HR contacted me about their interview offer. Setting up a time was easy, but for some reason, the interviewer had a hard time finding a place to interview me because the center was located in a remote place while their real buidling was newly being constructed. I found the interview to be simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    HR is not as efficient as it appears to be at the time of your interview. So be wary of your salary. In case of receiving an hourly offer, be sure to ask about overtime as a first thing. Otherwise, you won't get the overtime opportunity.

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dartmouth.

Short Interview with the concerned professor.
    Asked about knowledge and experience with the subject matter.

Interview Questions
    • Did not remember a few specific things about certain parts of the subject so could not really answer them   Answer Question

Computer Store Salesman Interview

interviewed at Dartmouth in May 2013.

Hiring process was fairly simple, heard about company through a colleague who had worked there. I was able to work there several summers during college, and really enjoyed the experience. I was lucky enough to quite well in this position, and the commission generated from it was fair enough to make it worth my while.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest decision you have had to make in your life?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dartmouth in January 2010.

Easy interview, I came here and presented in front of lab group. They were cordial and nice throughout the process. I got a tour of the place and loved the greenery. The place is safe and great to raise a family. Very peaceful. Thus, I decided to come here. Only, then I realized this is an empty place for career growth.

I did not negotiate

Senior Associate Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dartmouth.

One of the most streamlined interview processes I've had. Worked with one contact in the hiring department. Had a phone screening for the position with her. One week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager. About two weeks after that I was contacted to make arrangements to travel to campus for an on-campus interview. I appreciated that they gave me two weeks notice to inform my current employer. They made my travel arrangements and were very helpful. I had four different sessions and I thought the first three went well, but I could tell the division VP didn't like me in the last session (he was very, very obvious about that). A week after my return, I received a detailed letter explaining why they hadn't chosen me, which I expected after the last session. I appreciated the detail in the response, so many people just blow you off when you are not selected. My reimbursal for travel expenses was also very quick. Overall, a pretty pleasant interview experience even if the only thing that came out of it was a chance to spend some time in that part of the country - it's so beautiful there.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

I applied online – interviewed at Dartmouth.

I directly apply it online and mail the application to them. I don't have interview for this school