Dartmouth

Updated Oct 28, 2014

3.2

Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dartmouth.

It was a very lengthy interview process... multiple interviews/chats, a panel phone screen, long visit with a nice tour. Everyone was friendly though! I wouldn't recommend going out of your way unless you LOVE Dartmouth... as these people clearly do, which is a great thing. Location isn't especially great if you are not accustomed to NH life.

Senior Associate Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dartmouth.

One of the most streamlined interview processes I've had. Worked with one contact in the hiring department. Had a phone screening for the position with her. One week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager. About two weeks after that I was contacted to make arrangements to travel to campus for an on-campus interview. I appreciated that they gave me two weeks notice to inform my current employer. They made my travel arrangements and were very helpful. I had four different sessions and I thought the first three went well, but I could tell the division VP didn't like me in the last session (he was very, very obvious about that). A week after my return, I received a detailed letter explaining why they hadn't chosen me, which I expected after the last session. I appreciated the detail in the response, so many people just blow you off when you are not selected. My reimbursal for travel expenses was also very quick. Overall, a pretty pleasant interview experience even if the only thing that came out of it was a chance to spend some time in that part of the country - it's so beautiful there.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dartmouth in January 2010.

Easy interview, I came here and presented in front of lab group. They were cordial and nice throughout the process. I got a tour of the place and loved the greenery. The place is safe and great to raise a family. Very peaceful. Thus, I decided to come here. Only, then I realized this is an empty place for career growth.

I did not negotiate

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dartmouth.

Phone screen followed by an afternoon of interviews including 2 group interviews

Interview Questions
    Not much room to negotiate

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dartmouth.

I directly apply it online and mail the application to them. I don't have interview for this school

PhD Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dartmouth.

I had been asked about details about my research experience such as how I did a specific experiment

no negotiation phase

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dartmouth.

Short Interview with the concerned professor.
    Asked about knowledge and experience with the subject matter.

Interview Questions
    • Did not remember a few specific things about certain parts of the subject so could not really answer them   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dartmouth.

Very complicated, intensive process overall. First a phone interview with HR Manager, then in-person interview with HR Manager, which included correcting a writing sample for them to "grade" later. I then had to have another interview with HR where I had thirty minutes to write a letter describing what I felt the position to entail, after a conversation with the HR Manager when I could ask questions, etc. Finally, there was marathon afternoon of interviews, after which I barely knew my name. I met with 7 different people over three hours. Some where group interviews and some where one-on-one. Some where intense firing squad questions, some were more laidback, casual conversations. I was pleased the organization takes so much time and effort to hire the right people, but it was not the right fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • What would be most difficult about this position for you?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dartmouth.

It's almost the same thing to apply for graduate schools. You take GRE, Sub and write personal statement and apply.
    No interview.
    There's campus visit for us students. No such thing for international students, so you have to learn more about this place by yourself.

Graduate Student Interview

I had a single interview with a friend of Dartmouth... he found me much to unfocused at the time (I was 22) :)