Dartmouth

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

LMS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dartmouth in January 2012.

I originally applied online on October 5th. I received an email to schedule a phone interview in mid November. The phone interview was with a committee of 8 people. Four weeks after the phone interview I was emailed to schedule an in person interview/campus visit which took place in early January. The in person interviews began at 8:30am and went through dinner. They consisted of several panel interviews, a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager, and a 30 minute presentation followed by a 30 minute Q&A. Lunch and dinner were also with the search committee and the prospective department members. The week after my interviews they began a very comprehensive reference check, and required to speak with current and previous supervisor. I declined the current and was informed that my offer would be contingent on that conversation. The final step was a conversation with HR where they asked my current and desired salary, and confirmed details for my background check. I got an offer 16 days after my campus visit.

Interview Questions
  • How do you keep up on current trends in your field (in the industry)?   Answer Question

a combination of factors but mainly that I received a promotion in my current job and was offered the ability to work remotely, flexibility that would not have been possible at Dartmouth.