Data Domain

Data Domain Interview Questions

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Data Domain.

Fairly straight-forward when HR contacted to set-up for an in-person interview. Once I showed up, a personnel introduced herself but wasn't clear what her role was, asked a few basic questions about my general work experience. After a brief conversation, she got up to go get the hiring manager. Fifteen minutes went by (and I was beginning to get worried that they had forgotten about me in the conference room). Finally a guy shows up and unexpectedly told me that there has been a mistake--the job was no longer available. In utter shock, I said "Oh, well that's strange." In which he obnoxiously replied "Not really--not in this day and age!" I thanked him and left. He provided no apologies, no display of fault or embarrassment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Data Domain in September 2013.

applied on-line, then had an employee forward my resume to HR. Did a prescreen interview with another Sr Software Engineer, followed up by a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week+ went bye and then I was brought in for 3hrs of scheduled on-site interviews (lasted 4hrs). A week later, I was contacted and asked to come in for a second round of on-site interviews as I was under consideration for a second position - who had just had a new manager assigned. A week after that the offer was made and accepted. Job started 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation, I had laid out what my salary minimum had to be and it was "juiced" with information relative to 10% annual bonus (paid out quarterly), and a $ figure for restricted stock assignments (paid out over 4yrs of employment)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Data Domain in May 2012.

I had a phone screen first. Interviews asked were very basic, like memory mgmt, paging etc. also asked a few questions on Data structures and projects.
    Next day, they asked me to come onsite for 1:1 interviews..

All the interviews were good, ppl were sensible and asked questions related to the position and/or what I had mentioned in my resume. Couple of interviewers also asked me to write C programs.

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Data Domain in February 2011.

THey started with 2 phone screen interviews, I was then invited in for 2 face to face interviews with managers, and 1 with a potential team member. If I would have been invited back for day 2, I would have met with a sales mgr and to give a presentation. They were very friendly and causal interviews, they did stick surprise tech questions in the middle and they did catch me surprise.

I was surprised that I wasn't invited back for day 2. I wish I would have gotten some feedback, I would have liked working there.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Data Domain in June 2010.

Phone Interview: Discuss current position and previous projects
    On Site Interview: Was asked random unrelated questions. Interviewers seemed like it was a pain to be away from desk and interviewing someone. Turns out they're only looking to hire overqualified people for cheap. Due to NDA can't really mention the questions asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Data Domain in March 2010.

Good process/ professional questions/interview - no follow-up

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Data Domain in December 2009.

Recruited call and had a talk with me. He sounded enthusiastic, but then he never called back again. A friend of mine had the same type of experience. Data Domain calls, but doesn't follow up.

Software Engineer Interview

Phone Interview
    Basic Technology Questions
    Board Exercises

Senior Software Eng Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Data Domain in March 2012.

Phone interview was 1 hour - question about databases, multi-threading
    Site interview was 4 hours -
    - implement a queue using stacks and code it
    - binary arithmetic - determine number of 1's in an integer
    - multithreading, os concepts, reverse linked list in place, - this interviewer stank and had an indian accent that was so strong, it was almost impossible to understand what he was saying
    - recursion - depth-first traversal, find a pair of numbers in a list of integers that result in a given sum

All the interviewers were a bit unpleasant - the last one actually made the stmt to the extent of "Oh you're desperately looking for job huh?"

Seemed like a bit of an unpleasant team personality-wise. This was the systems mgmt team.

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Data Domain in September 2009.

The interview process was undisciplined. They were unable to keep to a schedule. Some of the interviewers did not know what position I was applying for. No follow through on promises

Most of the interview was spend talking about irrelevant topics, which made any preparation pointless.

The technical questions were not hard per se. Two hours of relevant preparation would have been ample.

Follow up with several Data Domain employees suggests this is a particular team problem.