Data Recognition Corporation

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.1

Test Scorer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in March 2014.

Answered ad in newspaper. Showed up for group info session. I was told to complete a few questions for reading comprehension, write a short paragraph on a topic provided and answer four math questions. I was then interviewed by a woman from the MN office. Mostly general questions about working in close proximity to others, handling feedback, availability, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The mini test/quiz threw me because it was different from other interviews. The question about how well can you work sitting next to others was kind of weird.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in February 2014.

It was a group interview. They would then take each person individually to a room and ask them what their area of expertise was, such as English, Math or Social Sciences. They would then place you in whatever room best fit your expertise in order to score the state's standardized test scores.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in February 2014.

We were asked to write and essay and complete some math problems to demonstrate proficiency. We were then interviewed in the order we finished. The interview was short and just asked basic questions about why you were qualified for the job. You were also asked how you would be able to handle a job that required you to sit and read responses for eight hours.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic. You just have to prove you have the credentials and focus to do the scoring.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Its a temporary FT job. Salary is 13.00 or 14.25 if you complete 40 hours of scoring.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in April 2013.

Show up, present a college diploma, take a simple test on reading/writing/math skills and have a brief interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you put aside your education and bias to grade answers to questions that have to meet standardized responses you may disagree with?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it. There is no negotiation for temporary work that, frankly, an intelligent 15 year old could do, but for which standards require a college degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in April 2013.

Come in to the office, listen to a presentation, and take two written assessments. One is a pre-algebra level math test, and the other is a writing sample, my prompt was "describe your best achievement in the last two years". After turning in your assessments, you talk one on one with the HR rep for a short (10 minute) interview where she basically wants to see if you will be comfortable with the close quarters of the working environment, the repetition and monotony of grading, and if you can be consistently impartial. If you're smart you just say yes.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there was nothing you couldn't answer easily off the cuff, this is not applying to Harvard.   View Answer
    Hourly wages are non-negotiable.

Scorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in March 2013.

Brought in batches to be tested for middle school intelligence in a computer lab. Taken in for individual interviews just to basically confirm we had a pulse, didn't forge our diplomas, and weren't a threat to others or ourselves. Hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in February 2012.

They want to know if you're capable of following orders like a good factory worker. That's all. Just say that you have no opinions on education and you'll just do whatever they say.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in February 2011.

I found a posting on the jobs section of the newspaper. It said they were looking for temporary workers to grade standardized tests. For the hiring event, you have to bring a diploma or transcripts. Only those with college degrees can apply. At first, we took a skills test on high school level math and writing. After that, we had a somewhat quick one-on-one interview.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in October 2010.

There were 2 interview stages. They asked the same questions with different people in the room. THey asked the typical interview questions--tell me about yourself, describe a difficult situattion, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in May 2010.

They had a short presentation on the job. There were two short test (very short and easy). You had to take orginal degrees or transcripts of Bachelors degree or higher. Then there was a short one on one interview. You were then offered the job or not and told what assignment you were on.

There is no negotiation