Interviews for Top Jobs at Data Transmission Network

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Graphics/Writing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Data Transmission Network in April 2009.

The phone interview with HR went very well. The interview with the Marketing Manager was less than professional. She asked inane questions, didn't pay attention to the answers because she was too busy typing on her laptop and, come to find out, lied about the reason the position was available. When I asked she indicated that there was just so much work that they needed to add another staff member. I eventually found out that she had joined the firm approx. 6 mos. previous to my interview and that during that time she had fired both long time graphics staff personnel. I brought portfolio pieces highlighting my design and writing experience and she didn't give them the time of day and was rather disdainful as she spent approximately 15 seconds flipping through them. I thought this was odd as they asked for 7+ years experience in writing and design and yet she acted like she couldn't care less about either. I offered to leave them with her for further review to which she said there was no need. When I asked what the time line was for filling the position, I was told that the candidates would be narrowed to three and then brought before the VP of Marketing. I figured out that I didn't make the "magic three" (and apparently neither did any of the other 5 people they interviewed during this time) when the job was re-posted on the internet job board 2 days after my interview. Never received an email or letter thanking me for my time. It just didn't seem to be a very professional or considerate operation.

Interview Questions

Worked for Data Transmission Network? Contribute to the Community!