DataCert

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DataCert in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had to take a fairly difficult on-line Java test. Next had a phone interview with two people. Next had an onsite interview with two panels of employees. You will need to be on the top of your game to navigate through these interview.

Interview Question – Was asked how we could dynamically add attribution to the static class model.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DataCert in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was impressed with the professionalism and speed with which my interview process was managed. I was contacted within one week of inquiring about a position Datacert posted (LinkedIn I believe). A 30-minute telephone interview with the hiring manager was arranged, and we clicked right away. Within a week of that call, a panel interview was arranged. I was very impressed because all of the managers and execs were punctual, respectful, and it was clear throught this process that there was a good cultural fit, and that my skills and experience were a good match for the position. Follow up was swift and thorough and I received a verbal, then written offer shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – Given all you've researched about Datacert and learned through the interveiw process thus far, what would be your key program recommendation/priority you would look to promote once entering the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotions were fairly smooth and straightforward. The compensation plan was in line with my expectations from similar roles in other companies.

Partner Marketing Specialist Interview

Partner Marketing Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 days - interviewed at DataCert in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process included a 30 minute phone interview, followed a few days later with two 30 minute 1:1 interviews.
The phone interview included screening questions concerning my general marketing work experience and specific expertise in developing "messaging for business partners". The interviewer asked what I knew about their company, I mentioned having reviewed their "Partner & Alliances" web pages, and she replied that I couldn't take their web content at face value because Datacert was going to change it; she offered no clue as to how. The phone interviewer scheduled 1:1 interviews the following week.
After arriving for the 1:1 interviews. I was kept waiting in the company lobby for 15 minutes and was then ushered in to meet the first interviewer (the same person who did the phone interview), who asked me again to discuss my qualifications for the job. I provided specific examples of successful strategic marketing, branding, and messaging work I have performed for three Fortune 500 IT companies, as well as small to medium-size companies. The interview ended abruptly when the interviewer’s time was up, and I was invited to come back after the next 1:1 interview to continue our discussion.
The 1:1 interview with the second interviewer lasted approximately 30 minutes. The interviewer asked:
1) How did you approach messaging in prior assignments?
2) Do you realize we're a smaller company than many you've worked for before?
3) Do you know so-and-so? (The interviewer had checked my LinkedIn profile and contacts)
4) I see you have worked for a large corporation over a long period of time as an employee and consultant. Why did you leave the last consulting position?
The second interview was also rushed and ended abruptly because the interviewer was late to a meeting. There was not an opportunity to ask questions during this interview or the previous one. When I mentioned that the first interviewer had asked me to return to continue our discussion, the second interviewer said that they would both be in same meeting.
Overall, the 1:1 interviews were very difficult, not so much with regard to questions, but in understanding what the interviewers were looking for in a candidate -- and in particular what assignments the part-time contractor would actually perform. Since the interviewers were not specific about job content – beyond “messaging” for partners, I felt like we were both on a fishing expedition. The interviews seemed directionless, and I suspect the interviewers do not have a clear understanding of their priorities, job content, and goals for the position.
If you interview with Datacert, ask questions. You may not get much of a chance to do that unless you make a point of responding to an interview question by asking for more specifics. Know that the company culture is likely fast-paced and somewhat chaotic. Expect interruptions. You may be treated politely, but not well. Check out LinkedIn contacts in common with you and the interviewers; you should expect that Datacert will contact them.

Interview Question – How did you approach marketing messaging in past assignments?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at DataCert in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter regarding the position BA position on the consulting team. The recruiter told me that the hiring manager had been interviewing people for three months, and didn't seem to know what he was looking for. When I interviewed, I understood what the recruiter was referring to. The manager asked questions like, "how would you rate your writing skills?" and then asked "why would you rate it so?". He admitted that he was asking question that he didn't feel would have a real answer, just to see how one would respond. He also asked, "what are you passionate about?". That wasn't too bad of a questions, but be prepared to answer these types of questions. He spoke of his praise and success at the company, and sounded impressed with himself. I got the impression that he was looking to clone himself for the position. I was coming from a Big 5 consulting firm. I knew that I could do the job well, but did not hear back from him. Overall it seemed like a good company. It was a peculiar interview, though.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

BI Reporting Developer Interview

BI Reporting Developer
Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DataCert in October 2012.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interview with 3 techinical round and final DM round, 4 rounds of interview with 3 techinical round and final DM round,4 rounds of interview with 3 techinical round and final DM round

Interview Question – why can you own a Ducati compare to your suzuki asked By DM   View Answer

Worked for DataCert? Contribute to the Community!