DataSphere Technologies

Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.1

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DataSphere Technologies in August 2014.

First you fill out an application online. Then they do a quick phone interview with very little details. Once selected, you interview in person with two sales managers.

When I arrived to their office I was interviewed with only one sales manager. They only called one sales manager who walked in wearing some shorts and a polo knit shirt. He asked me a series of questions making very long pauses writing notes with his clipboard. He then walked back and spoke to the recruiter and she told me that she would get in touch with me on the next step in the process. After reading all the interviews on this site It seemed that most candidates interviewed with two managers instead of one.

Thinking about the process I don't think I had a chance from the beginning by looking at their body language. I didn't understand because I was completely business dress wearing a suit. I have over 15 years sales experience consistently hitting sales quotas month over month and I've recently earned my bachelors degree working and going to school full time. I actually feel insulted that I wasn't selected for this job because I am more than qualified for this position. I believe they don't just want exceptional people, they want you to fit the mold. No diversity.

Other Interview Reviews for DataSphere Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DataSphere Technologies in July 2014.

Called by HR for initial interview after submitting resume on website. Scheduled in person interview following week. Then the mock sales call. You pick and business and location and the manager has to pretend to be that business while you call and try to sell them. You have to build rapport (asking 2-3 questions about the business to get the "owner" talking", do a temp check to see if they are engaged, and ask for the business. After the mock call they rate you and HR calls back to offer you a position if you did even remotely well on the mock call. * They have a interview metric of "is this person nice?" that you don't know about. Need to have some fun and make the manager you interview with laugh during the 1:1. They are very serious about the fun atmosphere here.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Flat starting base of 25k annual, with unlimited commission structure

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DataSphere Technologies in July 2014.

Apply, phone interview, another application, interview, and a sales pitch phone call. Do not wear a suit (or anything too nice) you will look like the "donkey" in the room. No joke, interviewer was wearing shorts sandals and a T-shirt. Seriously, smoke a bowl beforehand and you will fit right in. Maybe use some eye-drops and cologne though. People there seemed nice and very chill. Drink the koolaid and your set. I obviously treat work totally different and it was not a good match for me. I am a grown man, i do not need recess ping pong to make a good work environment. I need Dr. Beats to turn down his music so i can stack paper as fast as possible. (you will understand after your interview) After work beer pong is totally acceptable though! If you really need a job then apply, do not look desperate, and make as much conversation with the interviewers as possible. Be fun and out going and i am sure you will have no problem.

Interview Questions
    • Strait up asked me how much money i made last year....... ummmmmm what? Get lost   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

interviewed at DataSphere Technologies in June 2014.

Applied online, got a call back right away. Did short telephone interview and then they asked me to come in next day for in person interview. In person interview was a lot of questions about worst manager, worst experience, how would you change last job etc....Phone interview was scheduled, waited over 2.5 hours waiting by phone. Very unprofessional. Final phone interview is worst part, they ask you to overcome objections on a product you know nothing about, something you can say to overcome objection at one job could be highly discouraged at this job. You will never know though, cause they do not tell you. Sales floor seems like high school, top 40 music cranking, people talking to each other rather than working. Not a good place if you like to stay focused, too loud, everyone in each others business.

Interview Questions
    • Final phone interview is not a real gauge of someones sales ability. Interviewer objects to things you would learn to overcome in the very first day of training, you just have to know what they want you to say.   Answer Question

Too unprofessional work environment, low pay, reps told me they went a week with no sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DataSphere Technologies in May 2014.

Met one of the firm's recruiter at my school's career fair where we exchanged resume and business cards.

1st interview: Via phone where the recruiter asked me general questions based on career goals, interests, why sales, and etc. Initial gauge on how well you articulate over the phone

2nd interview: 1:1 with a sales manager. Asks you general, behavioral questions. Opportunity to tour/shadow the work site and recruiter gives you an assignment after tour.

3rd final interview: Via phone, based on assignment. You give a mock sales pitch based on one of the products they sell, to the sales manager. They are also listen to how you respond to objections you'd experience in a typical sales call. Prep your responses based on common objections as the sales manager you're trying to sell will object against your pitch aggressively. Decision is provided ~48 hours after call.

Interview Questions
    • Addressing certain objections in 3rd interview can be difficult. Prep for these objections along with common ones:

1. Product/offer is a scam.
      2. Competitive offers from other firms.
      3. What about the product that really benefits the customer
      4. Delaying purchase
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DataSphere Technologies in November 2013.

Received a call from Recruiter who did not provide all the facts about the company and could not give real numbers of what people made. Most people make $50k per year if you hit commission consistently. Had face to face interview that last about 20 minutes, then he sat me with a rep to watch and listen to them call. I left and received a phone call from the Recruiter three days later and scheduled a mock phone call to sell their product over the phone without a script or details on what they sell. The manager called 25 minutes late and told me to make up a company.

Interview Questions
    they bring everyone in at the same level 30k base and its not worth it unless you never worked before or if you are just looking for sales experience.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DataSphere Technologies.

I interviewed with a couple of sales managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DataSphere Technologies in April 2013.

Recruiter was very professional from start to finish. Interview was with only one Manager. Questions regarding past experiences regarding call center experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What if scenarios regarding working as a team and also individually in an environment with music playing in the background.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online – interviewed at DataSphere Technologies in April 2013.

On the phone with recruiter then you will do a mock call with a sales manager. Afterwords, if you did good on the mock call you will be invited for an in person interview. It's pretty easy to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • There was no structure to the interview. We had a quick conversation and the hiring manager was too busy for more.   Answer Question
    None. Their package is what it is.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DataSphere Technologies.

one phone interview, one in person interview with 2 managers

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation, company standard base pay and commission