DataSphere Technologies Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DataSphere Technologies (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Waste of time and energy. Had a mock sales call under strenuous conditions and wasn't taken into consideration although my background in sales is stella . Never apply for this company.. Best thing ever not getting this job!!

Other Interview Reviews for DataSphere Technologies

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DataSphere Technologies.

Interview

Very easy. Start with a phone screening from a recruiter then scheduled in person interview next day. They asked series of questions on your background. Then ask about your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DataSphere Technologies.

Interview

Interview was done first over the phone, than face to face. After the face to face I was hired. I'm not quite sure how I was contacted but they emailed me and than called and I went in on the second interview and I got the gig.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DataSphere Technologies (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Apply online, and you recieve an email and call and telkl Basic job interview and evaluation. Then a mock call They call you within 2 days to tell you if you got the job or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DataSphere Technologies (Tempe, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

First you do a phone screen with a recruiter and then you complete an onsite interview with a manager. Overall an average process and you get to learn a lot about the company.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DataSphere Technologies (Tempe, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

First you fill out an application online. Then they do a quick phone interview with very little details. Once selected, you interview in person with two sales managers. When I arrived to their office I was interviewed with only one sales manager. They only called one sales manager who walked in wearing some shorts and a polo knit shirt. He asked me a series of questions making very long pauses writing notes with his clipboard. He then walked back and spoke to the recruiter and she told me that she would get in touch with me on the next step in the process. After reading all the interviews on this site It seemed that most candidates interviewed with two managers instead of one. Thinking about the process I don't think I had a chance from the beginning by looking at their body language. I didn't understand because I was completely business dress wearing a suit. I have over 15 years sales experience consistently hitting sales quotas month over month and I've recently earned my bachelors degree working and going to school full time. I actually feel insulted that I wasn't selected for this job because I am more than qualified for this position. I believe they don't just want exceptional people, they want you to fit the mold. No diversity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DataSphere Technologies (Tempe, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Called by HR for initial interview after submitting resume on website. Scheduled in person interview following week. Then the mock sales call. You pick and business and location and the manager has to pretend to be that business while you call and try to sell them. You have to build rapport (asking 2-3 questions about the business to get the "owner" talking", do a temp check to see if they are engaged, and ask for the business. After the mock call they rate you and HR calls back to offer you a position if you did even remotely well on the mock call. * They have a interview metric of "is this person nice?" that you don't know about. Need to have some fun and make the manager you interview with laugh during the 1:1. They are very serious about the fun atmosphere here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Flat starting base of 25k annual, with unlimited commission structure

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DataSphere Technologies (Tempe, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Apply, phone interview, another application, interview, and a sales pitch phone call. Do not wear a suit (or anything too nice) you will look like the "donkey" in the room. No joke, interviewer was wearing shorts sandals and a T-shirt. Seriously, smoke a bowl beforehand and you will fit right in. Maybe use some eye-drops and cologne though. People there seemed nice and very chill. Drink the koolaid and your set. I obviously treat work totally different and it was not a good match for me. I am a grown man, i do not need recess ping pong to make a good work environment. I need Dr. Beats to turn down his music so i can stack paper as fast as possible. (you will understand after your interview) After work beer pong is totally acceptable though! If you really need a job then apply, do not look desperate, and make as much conversation with the interviewers as possible. Be fun and out going and i am sure you will have no problem.

Interview Questions

• Strait up asked me how much money i made last year....... ummmmmm what? Get lost   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I interviewed at DataSphere Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back right away. Did short telephone interview and then they asked me to come in next day for in person interview. In person interview was a lot of questions about worst manager, worst experience, how would you change last job etc....Phone interview was scheduled, waited over 2.5 hours waiting by phone. Very unprofessional. Final phone interview is worst part, they ask you to overcome objections on a product you know nothing about, something you can say to overcome objection at one job could be highly discouraged at this job. You will never know though, cause they do not tell you. Sales floor seems like high school, top 40 music cranking, people talking to each other rather than working. Not a good place if you like to stay focused, too loud, everyone in each others business.

Interview Questions

• Final phone interview is not a real gauge of someones sales ability. Interviewer objects to things you would learn to overcome in the very first day of training, you just have to know what they want you to say.   Answer Question

Too unprofessional work environment, low pay, reps told me they went a week with no sales.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataSphere Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Met one of the firm's recruiter at my school's career fair where we exchanged resume and business cards. 1st interview: Via phone where the recruiter asked me general questions based on career goals, interests, why sales, and etc. Initial gauge on how well you articulate over the phone 2nd interview: 1:1 with a sales manager. Asks you general, behavioral questions. Opportunity to tour/shadow the work site and recruiter gives you an assignment after tour. 3rd final interview: Via phone, based on assignment. You give a mock sales pitch based on one of the products they sell, to the sales manager. They are also listen to how you respond to objections you'd experience in a typical sales call. Prep your responses based on common objections as the sales manager you're trying to sell will object against your pitch aggressively. Decision is provided ~48 hours after call.

Interview Questions

• Addressing certain objections in 3rd interview can be difficult. Prep for these objections along with common ones: 1. Product/offer is a scam. 2. Competitive offers from other firms. 3. What about the product that really benefits the customer 4. Delaying purchase   Answer Question