DataSphere Technologies

Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at DataSphere Technologies in April 2011.

The process was submit resume, phone call with a recruiter, onsite interview with a sales manager & a staged call where you pitched a manager on the product. In general, it was very similar to any other interviews I have gone through at other companies.

The call was the most difficult part. It was basically a role play over the phone. I can understand why they do it but since I didn't know the product-- I was winging it the whole time. The person on the other side will try to throw you off but as long as you remember the sales basics-- you should be good.

Interview Questions
    • It was the call where you pitched a product you know little about.   View Answer
    no negotiations. It was a standard offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online - interviewed at DataSphere Technologies in April 2013.

On the phone with recruiter then you will do a mock call with a sales manager. Afterwords, if you did good on the mock call you will be invited for an in person interview. It's pretty easy to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • There was no structure to the interview. We had a quick conversation and the hiring manager was too busy for more.   Answer Question
    None. Their package is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

interviewed at DataSphere Technologies in June 2014.

Applied online, got a call back right away. Did short telephone interview and then they asked me to come in next day for in person interview. In person interview was a lot of questions about worst manager, worst experience, how would you change last job etc....Phone interview was scheduled, waited over 2.5 hours waiting by phone. Very unprofessional. Final phone interview is worst part, they ask you to overcome objections on a product you know nothing about, something you can say to overcome objection at one job could be highly discouraged at this job. You will never know though, cause they do not tell you. Sales floor seems like high school, top 40 music cranking, people talking to each other rather than working. Not a good place if you like to stay focused, too loud, everyone in each others business.

Interview Questions
    • Final phone interview is not a real gauge of someones sales ability. Interviewer objects to things you would learn to overcome in the very first day of training, you just have to know what they want you to say.   Answer Question

Too unprofessional work environment, low pay, reps told me they went a week with no sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DataSphere Technologies in November 2013.

Received a call from Recruiter who did not provide all the facts about the company and could not give real numbers of what people made. Most people make $50k per year if you hit commission consistently. Had face to face interview that last about 20 minutes, then he sat me with a rep to watch and listen to them call. I left and received a phone call from the Recruiter three days later and scheduled a mock phone call to sell their product over the phone without a script or details on what they sell. The manager called 25 minutes late and told me to make up a company.

Interview Questions
    they bring everyone in at the same level 30k base and its not worth it unless you never worked before or if you are just looking for sales experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DataSphere Technologies in May 2014.

Met one of the firm's recruiter at my school's career fair where we exchanged resume and business cards.

1st interview: Via phone where the recruiter asked me general questions based on career goals, interests, why sales, and etc. Initial gauge on how well you articulate over the phone

2nd interview: 1:1 with a sales manager. Asks you general, behavioral questions. Opportunity to tour/shadow the work site and recruiter gives you an assignment after tour.

3rd final interview: Via phone, based on assignment. You give a mock sales pitch based on one of the products they sell, to the sales manager. They are also listen to how you respond to objections you'd experience in a typical sales call. Prep your responses based on common objections as the sales manager you're trying to sell will object against your pitch aggressively. Decision is provided ~48 hours after call.

Interview Questions
    • Addressing certain objections in 3rd interview can be difficult. Prep for these objections along with common ones:

1. Product/offer is a scam.
      2. Competitive offers from other firms.
      3. What about the product that really benefits the customer
      4. Delaying purchase
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DataSphere Technologies in April 2013.

Recruiter was very professional from start to finish. Interview was with only one Manager. Questions regarding past experiences regarding call center experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What if scenarios regarding working as a team and also individually in an environment with music playing in the background.   View Answer

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at DataSphere Technologies in August 2010.

Submitted app after seeing a Craigslist ad. Got a call within 1 week. ~1 hr phone interview with a recruiter. ~1 hr phone interview with hiring manager. Brought in for in-person interviews, met with 5 people. It took about 2 weeks of negotiations before getting a written offer.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DataSphere Technologies in December 2012.

Saw re-occuring ad on Craig's List, so said why not? Submitted my resume and got call by recruiter to do a phone screening. Phone screening led to onsite interviews. They do a bunch of interviews at once by getting a big group, and then they hand you off to two different sales managers for two interviews. If you get past that, you get to do a mock call which is the final step.

Interview Questions
    • Mock call for selling advertising was the hardest thing about the interviews. I was successful in sales at previous jobs, and pitched how I normally pitch.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at DataSphere Technologies in January 2012.

Phone call where you pretended to sell the product

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DataSphere Technologies.

Recruiter called to setup phone interview asking various questions to get a sense of phone presence and voice clarity. Once phone interview was approved, in person interview was established two weeks later. Interviewed with two different sales managers. Format was nonchalant asking random various questions and seeing how quickly you can adapt and how personable you are. From then start date was two weeks later as well.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall since it was long ago, but intervew was 1:1, relaxed, conversational environment as opposed to being drilled questions one after another. It will depend on the sales manager you happen to get that particular day who is doing interviews with you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Base salary is $30k annually + commissions earned.

Paycheck is biweekly on Fridays 26x a year.

Worked for DataSphere Technologies? Contribute to the Community!