Datalink Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Datalink in August 2014.

I was called on a Thur night around 8:15pm.. Typical recruiter talk about how much resume was a good match for some position they were trying to fill and stressed they were looking to fill it really quick. Told her I'm interested and call me back the next day. next day we talked for an hour about the role, she was going to pass my info up to the next level. Following Monday had a call with the next level and all went well, next lady was going to submit my profile to company. Was told that the lady submitted my profile and I was going to have an interview following week. I kept emailing for updates and leaving messages for updates, got very little/late responses. 2 weeks later was told that the position was closed, no more explanations.

Pre-Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Datalink in July 2014.

Was contacted by recruiter from datalink and within that very week was rushed and given an interview with one of the team managers interview went very well and was referred to the hiring manager to proceed. Recruiter said they would get back to me within a week. That became two weeks no feedback from the recruiter at the chase them down, the recruiter told me they with an internal candidate.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Datalink in October 2012.

all by phone since I was a remote employee, HQ in Eden Prairie, MN

Interview Questions
    there wasn't much wiggle room

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Datalink in January 2009.

The interview was a positive experience. About three rounds with manager, engineer, and another manager. Salary negotiation was straightforward with a little back and forth.

There was a bit of negotiation. They didn't move on vacation days to start with but did come up in salary and bonus.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chanhassen, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Datalink in March 2010.

Interview with 3 managers.
    Very simple. Some technical questions.

I got the highest end of the range

Storage Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Datalink.

The Hiring process was too long and drawn out, Interviewed 9 different times some with the same people more then once. Each Manager including upper management had a different expectation of the position.

The Salary and travel requirements were much different then the job posting once the interview prpcess began. Salary expectation was lower, and travel was much higher.

Interview Questions
    • None of the interview questions were difficult, it was very frustrating to hear different expecations of the postiion from different managers. Received a verbal confirmation from two different managers i had the job, later to find they changed the job requirements.   Answer Question

The Salary and travel requirements were different then the job posting, company kept wanting to have more interviews with staff to justify the salary for the position

Sales Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Datalink in June 2010.

Completed interview over the phone. 1st question i was asked was why did i want to get into sales. I didnt particularly want to get into sales but was looking for a job and because of that no offer was made.

Interview Questions

Worked for Datalink? Contribute to the Community!