Datamonitor

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.7

Analyst- Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Datamonitor.

I applied via LinkedIn for the Healthcare-related Analyst role. The recruiter set up a phone interview and from there a formal interview was arranged. The salary listed on Glassdoor for this position says 65k, but they are offering 40 - 50k. I met with a director and senior analyst, both really nice and genuine people who seemed to enjoy their work and the company. They asked me specific questions like, " You said you like studying viruses, what kinds?" I was a little caught off guard but recovered. We got along fine. The part where I messed up was the written "exam." They want you to read a press release and then summarize it in your own words. I got nervous and ended up basically restating what the article said. I knew I blew and sure enough, they declined any further interviews. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why healthcare? Why Datamonitor? Tell us about your scientific research experience...   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I was contacted via e-mail to set up a phone interview. Passed the phone screen and was told that I would hear about the next step (taking a pre-interview exam) soon. I didn't hear back for awhile and finally contacted them to see about the test. They sent me the test which was very poorly formatted and had an equation sheet that was nearly impossible to understand. You are supposed to assume that because one word is on top of another you should divide the two variables.

Analyst Interview

Met with a team lead, as well as a senior analyst and another analyst on the team. Spent about an hour or so with each. Pretty standard questions, some market sizing - similar to consulting interviews I've been on.

Interview Questions
    • Only interesting one was 'how many tires are there in the US'   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Datamonitor in October 2010.

Began with a phone interview with someone from HR. Next I spoke with the hiring manager for the position, who was friendly, but didn't seem to be too focused on examining me or my skills too deeply. I was then invited in to meet several members of the healthcare practice with two 2:1 interviews, an excel skills test, a powerpoint skills test, and finally another phone call with the hiring manager (who was out of the office that day).

Overall, the entire process was pleasant. My complaint though, is that I reached out to them three times to learn their decision. Although, I was told they'd get back to me, they never did. After playing this game for a month, I gave up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how your background will be useful in this position.   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Datamonitor in September 2008.

I thought that the interview was very straightfoward. They wanted to maqke sure that I understaood the product and that I was familliar with industry that I would be selling to. They gave me some basic sales roleplay sscenario. I thought it was an extremely easy interview. I pretty much know that I would get the job as soon as I was done with the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If I were a prospect, and I told you that I already get research for free off the internet, what would you say to turn around their objection.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Was a well structured process, of HR telephone interview, interviews with the Director, interview with the Principal consultant and then a presentation to a range of team members. This was over a period of a month and gave you the ability to speak to a number of team members. The process was fairly smooth

Interview Questions
    • The presentation and knowing that they have access to a wide range of data sources and you don't!   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Datamonitor in June 2014.

The telephone interview was relatively general. But the written test is pretty intense. I was given 1 excel and 4 articles (15 pages) about the Avandia (GSK's rosiglitazone drug) and requested to write 300-500 words reviewing, evaluating the articles and offering my main argument about the market of Avandia from commercial aspects. Fast information extracting skill, standard Business written English skill and analytic thinking skill were tested in 1 hour written test. For a none English native speaker, it is pretty challenging.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Datamonitor in October 2012.

Telephone interview with HR and telephone interview with Director. Both interviews around 30 minutes.

Face to face interview with director at offices reviewing CV and some competency based questions. This is followed by face to face interview with the another Director and a Principal consultant. Following interviews their is a task to complete. This involved preparing a word presentation, PowerPoint presentation and performing calculation using excel in order to answer two case study questions. Process quite straightforward and people were nice. Both interviews and case study were each 1 hour in length.

Final interview with 6 employees asking questions more on motivation on joining Datamonitor and reviewing CV. More of a get to know you session to see if you fit in with the team.

Interview Questions
    • Datamonitor consulting is part of Informa PLC but works as an independent subsidiary with autonomy, what are the benefits and drawbacks of this structure?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Datamonitor.

The intereview process started with a telephone interview where I was asked to role play selling a report to a licencing manager of a pharma company. The second interview was a face to face where they simply wanted to get to know my background and ask me relatively relaxed questions to sound out my interest in the job. The third interview was with my future boss and the Sales Director, farely intense questioning, they really wanted to see passion and desire

Interview Questions
    • we really don't think you have the capabilities to succeed in this role, you haven't displayed any fight or real desire to work here, why should we employ you?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Datamonitor in February 2012.

Fit questions and a writing test.