Datamonitor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

Epidemiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Datamonitor.

Interview

Two weeks after applying on LinkedIn, I was contacted by HR and one member in the team. First round is a written test and the second round is a teleconference with two cases to solve and many interview questions.

Interview Questions

• career goal how to estimate prevalence for certain disease previous experience with prediction modeling   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Datamonitor (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First round was a written analysis test - okay if you can manage time well. It is a lot of data to process in an hour so you need to know how to filter data. Second round was presentation of some case questions. This material is sent a week prior and they required a fair amount of research and time. People signed in from London, New York for the presentation but it doesn't get overwhelming. There were absolutely no behavioral questions which is weird for an entry level position. Overall, I though it wasn't a very hard process. However, they got back to me after a month and a half at which point I rejected because I had a better offer. The salary offered is also extremely low - they quoted 45k. Overall, I thought that they make the candidate do a lot of work. And while testing skills is important, it is also equally important to evaluate the candidate as a person.

Analyst- Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datamonitor (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn for the Healthcare-related Analyst role. The recruiter set up a phone interview and from there a formal interview was arranged. The salary listed on Glassdoor for this position says 65k, but they are offering 40 - 50k. I met with a director and senior analyst, both really nice and genuine people who seemed to enjoy their work and the company. They asked me specific questions like, " You said you like studying viruses, what kinds?" I was a little caught off guard but recovered. We got along fine. The part where I messed up was the written "exam." They want you to read a press release and then summarize it in your own words. I got nervous and ended up basically restating what the article said. I knew I blew and sure enough, they declined any further interviews. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why healthcare? Why Datamonitor? Tell us about your scientific research experience...   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Met with a team lead, as well as a senior analyst and another analyst on the team. Spent about an hour or so with each. Pretty standard questions, some market sizing - similar to consulting interviews I've been on.

Interview Questions

• Only interesting one was 'how many tires are there in the US'   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail to set up a phone interview. Passed the phone screen and was told that I would hear about the next step (taking a pre-interview exam) soon. I didn't hear back for awhile and finally contacted them to see about the test. They sent me the test which was very poorly formatted and had an equation sheet that was nearly impossible to understand. You are supposed to assume that because one word is on top of another you should divide the two variables.

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datamonitor (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Began with a phone interview with someone from HR. Next I spoke with the hiring manager for the position, who was friendly, but didn't seem to be too focused on examining me or my skills too deeply. I was then invited in to meet several members of the healthcare practice with two 2:1 interviews, an excel skills test, a powerpoint skills test, and finally another phone call with the hiring manager (who was out of the office that day). Overall, the entire process was pleasant. My complaint though, is that I reached out to them three times to learn their decision. Although, I was told they'd get back to me, they never did. After playing this game for a month, I gave up.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how your background will be useful in this position.   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Datamonitor (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

I thought that the interview was very straightfoward. They wanted to maqke sure that I understaood the product and that I was familliar with industry that I would be selling to. They gave me some basic sales roleplay sscenario. I thought it was an extremely easy interview. I pretty much know that I would get the job as soon as I was done with the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I were a prospect, and I told you that I already get research for free off the internet, what would you say to turn around their objection.   1 Answer

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datamonitor (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a 30 min telephone interview with Director and senior consultant. This was a positive experience and felt like a fair interview. After this invited for a presentation and test. Too short notice given for preparing presentation and very little guidance on the content expected. Be prepared for this is the advice. This was followed by a brief interview with director and a couple of other members in team. It was ok and fair questions. Excel test was tricky if you have no business experience but straightforward if you know basic business calculations. No feedback or notification of rejection considering they stated that they would notify. Job re-advertised.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Was a well structured process, of HR telephone interview, interviews with the Director, interview with the Principal consultant and then a presentation to a range of team members. This was over a period of a month and gave you the ability to speak to a number of team members. The process was fairly smooth

Interview Questions

• The presentation and knowing that they have access to a wide range of data sources and you don't!   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Datamonitor (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

1) Screening with internal recruiter 2) 1st interview with 2 people from the company - typical interview questions 3) For the 2nd and final interview I was supposed to prepare a presentation; then at the interview I was given 30-45mins (can't remember exactly) to write a short report/analysis on given subject

Interview Questions

• What you think would be the biggest challenge for you when you join Datamonitor?   Answer Question