Datamonitor Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 26, 2014

2.7

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Was a well structured process, of HR telephone interview, interviews with the Director, interview with the Principal consultant and then a presentation to a range of team members. This was over a period of a month and gave you the ability to speak to a number of team members. The process was fairly smooth

Interview Questions
    • The presentation and knowing that they have access to a wide range of data sources and you don't!   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Datamonitor in October 2012.

Telephone interview with HR and telephone interview with Director. Both interviews around 30 minutes.

Face to face interview with director at offices reviewing CV and some competency based questions. This is followed by face to face interview with the another Director and a Principal consultant. Following interviews their is a task to complete. This involved preparing a word presentation, PowerPoint presentation and performing calculation using excel in order to answer two case study questions. Process quite straightforward and people were nice. Both interviews and case study were each 1 hour in length.

Final interview with 6 employees asking questions more on motivation on joining Datamonitor and reviewing CV. More of a get to know you session to see if you fit in with the team.

Interview Questions
    • Datamonitor consulting is part of Informa PLC but works as an independent subsidiary with autonomy, what are the benefits and drawbacks of this structure?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Datamonitor.

The intereview process started with a telephone interview where I was asked to role play selling a report to a licencing manager of a pharma company. The second interview was a face to face where they simply wanted to get to know my background and ask me relatively relaxed questions to sound out my interest in the job. The third interview was with my future boss and the Sales Director, farely intense questioning, they really wanted to see passion and desire

Interview Questions
    • we really don't think you have the capabilities to succeed in this role, you haven't displayed any fight or real desire to work here, why should we employ you?   Answer Question

Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Datamonitor in January 2012.

I applied for an Industry Analyst position which required a PhD in a disease area. I initially had a telephone interview and was then invitied for the first round.

1st round: interviewed by 2 Senior Analysts who asked the usual questions about my background, my career goals and why I wanted to join Datamonitor. These two Senior Analysts were respectable and made the interview process comfortable. Then gave me some material and was asked to write a 500 word report in 45 minutes which was the final stage of the 1st interview.

A week later I was invited back for the 2nd interview. I was sent material about an oncology topic with some questions and asked to prepare a presentation. At the 2nd interview there were approx. 7 people present. 3 senior analysts and 4 junior analysts. Despite giving an excellent powerpoint presentation and having answered all of their questions correctly I was informed by one of the Senior Analysts that the interview process was over and I would hear from them. Next week Datamonitor informed me that I was unsuccessful and gave me feedback which I knew to be false. It was evident that in the 2nd stage of the interview they group decided that they did not like me and were looking for excuses to end the interview process asap.

I am glad that I did not get the position as the starting salary was going to be £24000 which is ridiculous for someone with a PhD and experience, furthermore in London!

Associate Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Datamonitor in March 2011.

Finding my CV online was requested to attend an assessment day. Day consisted of a 30 min presentation on the company, a 1hr group discussion on developing a fictional business strategy, 1hr writing a one-page review/opinion piece on two different articles, and finally a 1:1 interview. The interview includes a question like, "How many tyres are there in the UK?". The interview seemed less focused on experience and more on your answers to situational questions.