Datapipe

Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Sales Manager Interview

Global Sales Manager

Interviewed at Datapipe

Interview Details – My interview was short as I came to Datapipe at the urging of my former boss. So he knew my capabilities. I was swayed to come to Datapipe based on their high level of customer satisfaction.

Interview Question – What do you expect from Datapipe   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very professional

Datacenter Technician Interview

Datacenter Technician

I applied through other source and interviewed at Datapipe.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty straightforward mostly focused on hardware knowledge. Including but not limited to network switches, routers, storage arrays, HP based server systems

Interview Question – How would you manufacture a proper cross over cable provided you had the proper utilities   View Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Senior Network Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Datapipe in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initially spoke to HR for the initial screening, nothing unusual there, I then had a technical phone interview a few days later which lasted well in excess of an hour, went into detail regarding my background with routing and switching as well as load balancing and firewalls. Covered subnetting, VLANs, routing metrics and other methods to influence route selections, etc.

Also had one face to face interview in the Jersey City location with the COO.

Reason for Declining – The offer was less than I was currently making and Datapipe was unwilling to negotiate

Windows Administrator Interview

Windows Administrator
Hoboken, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Datapipe in February 2011.

Interview Details – On the phone followed by a in person. Typical IT questions. Most important is to fit within their badget gap.

Interview Question – DNS   View Answers (8)

Negotiation Details – None take it or leave

Datacenter Technician Interview

Datacenter Technician
Somerset, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Datapipe.

Interview Details – Experience needed making RJ45 Connections, handing Fiber, basic knowledge of Corporate Servers, OS installation and willingness to learn on the go. The candidate must be able to work well with others, and able to work and develop on his own.

Interview Question – what are the benefits of MultiMode OM3 Fiber Vs MultiMode OM1   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Datapipe in December 2011.

Interview Details – On both the phone interview and face to face with 2 people from the project management team I was asked simple mindless project management questions. The 2 people from the project management team really seemed clueless and like weak project managers and managers in general. They showed up for the interview 15 minutes too late and seemed more concern with eating lunch than interviewing for a position they were hiring for. They had no business cards and were all giddy that they just came from a meeting with the CEO.

After the interview i checked the interviewees backgrounds on Linkedin and as i suspected weak managers with weak backgrounds. Needless to say the treatment given during the interview and no follow up from the organization afterwards showed me everything i needed to know about Datapipe and why it definitely isn't a destination for top flight talent.

Interview Question – Please tell us why you are considering datapipe?   View Answer

Windows Administrator Interview

Windows Administrator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Datapipe in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process force me to sign a voluminous set of rules and legal restrictions over many pages where I give up many rights and am bound by many many words as if I am signing my life away. People seem ordinary casual, and the office is very dim and basic. However, underneath all this, I felt the people have hidden agendas and they might be passively aggressive. There is an administrator who has been there a long time, but his personality seems like some perfectionist and self absorbed, self worshipping computer nerd. You think people are robots that cannot make a single little mistake and move faster than a racer car? You think it is fun we have to memorise so many mazes of settings and setup on your many systems and get dumped so I have to settle in another place all over again? How rude it is of you underneath that seemingly polite surface!

Interview Question – Describe your experience with Microsoft servers, exchange/sharepoint   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Oracle Database Administrator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Datapipe in March 2011.

Interview Details – questions on RMAN, RAC, DB2, ASM and you name it every advances in 11g release 2... they tend to take a juice out of your brain

Interview Question – What is a subtle difference between instances in SQL database and Oracle database?   Answer Question

Worked for Datapipe? Contribute to the Community!