Datapipe Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2014
Updated May 9, 2014

2.6

Global Sales Manager Interview

My interview was short as I came to Datapipe at the urging of my former boss. So he knew my capabilities. I was swayed to come to Datapipe based on their high level of customer satisfaction.

very professional

Datacenter Technician Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Datapipe.

Interview was pretty straightforward mostly focused on hardware knowledge. Including but not limited to network switches, routers, storage arrays, HP based server systems

Interview Questions
    • How would you manufacture a proper cross over cable provided you had the proper utilities   View Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Datapipe in June 2012.

Initially spoke to HR for the initial screening, nothing unusual there, I then had a technical phone interview a few days later which lasted well in excess of an hour, went into detail regarding my background with routing and switching as well as load balancing and firewalls. Covered subnetting, VLANs, routing metrics and other methods to influence route selections, etc.

Also had one face to face interview in the Jersey City location with the COO.

The offer was less than I was currently making and Datapipe was unwilling to negotiate

Windows Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Datapipe in February 2011.

On the phone followed by a in person. Typical IT questions. Most important is to fit within their badget gap.

None take it or leave

Datacenter Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Datapipe.

Experience needed making RJ45 Connections, handing Fiber, basic knowledge of Corporate Servers, OS installation and willingness to learn on the go. The candidate must be able to work well with others, and able to work and develop on his own.

Interview Questions
    • what are the benefits of MultiMode OM3 Fiber Vs MultiMode OM1   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Datapipe in December 2011.

On both the phone interview and face to face with 2 people from the project management team I was asked simple mindless project management questions. The 2 people from the project management team really seemed clueless and like weak project managers and managers in general. They showed up for the interview 15 minutes too late and seemed more concern with eating lunch than interviewing for a position they were hiring for. They had no business cards and were all giddy that they just came from a meeting with the CEO.

After the interview i checked the interviewees backgrounds on Linkedin and as i suspected weak managers with weak backgrounds. Needless to say the treatment given during the interview and no follow up from the organization afterwards showed me everything i needed to know about Datapipe and why it definitely isn't a destination for top flight talent.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us why you are considering datapipe?   View Answer

Windows Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Datapipe in January 2010.

The hiring process force me to sign a voluminous set of rules and legal restrictions over many pages where I give up many rights and am bound by many many words as if I am signing my life away. People seem ordinary casual, and the office is very dim and basic. However, underneath all this, I felt the people have hidden agendas and they might be passively aggressive. There is an administrator who has been there a long time, but his personality seems like some perfectionist and self absorbed, self worshipping computer nerd. You think people are robots that cannot make a single little mistake and move faster than a racer car? You think it is fun we have to memorise so many mazes of settings and setup on your many systems and get dumped so I have to settle in another place all over again? How rude it is of you underneath that seemingly polite surface!

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with Microsoft servers, exchange/sharepoint   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Datapipe in March 2011.

questions on RMAN, RAC, DB2, ASM and you name it every advances in 11g release 2... they tend to take a juice out of your brain

Interview Questions
    • What is a subtle difference between instances in SQL database and Oracle database?   Answer Question

Worked for Datapipe? Contribute to the Community!