Dataprise Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014
Updated Jun 18, 2014

2.5

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dataprise in June 2014.

Phone call received from a HR admin who was extremely nice and did a great job explaining the company. After her asking some basic questions I was scheduled for a phone interview with a Technical Services Manager who was extremely professional and asked all the right questions for the position.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me how I would handle different situations and what the first thing I would do going into a server room for the first time. How would I handle suggesting a new backup solution to a client. What I would look for when identifying issues.   Answer Question

I got an offer to come in to meet the team and have a final interview but had interviewed at another company that was a shorter commute and not multi client support.

VOIP Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dataprise in March 2014.

After a phone screen from one of their technical resources, HR scheduled a panel interview with the HR director, VP of Tech services, and the Manager of the Remote Support engineers. The HR portion was very basic and straight forward but the technical interview was concentrated on managing tickets, number of tickets worked, and ShoreTel-related questions. While I understand that ShoreTel is their primary solution, WHY tell me that you need a strong Avaya resource if the crux of the technical interview is based in ShoreTel products? I feel that there was a bait and switch game played here. Not only that, but I was told the position was to help develop a potential Avaya business yet there was no talk of Avaya beyond a general exercise in troubleshooting a mobile user on an IP Office network. After the interview, I was told that they would be checking references and running a background check which they did.

However, I was not offered a position as they filled the position " internally" and were not going forward with my application. It isn't the fact they filled the position internally that bothers me. What bothers me is the fact that no notification was given via email, phone call, form letter, etc and when I called the HR director she covered up their lack of communication by saying she sent an email when no email was sent. Dataprise's interview and hiring process is severely lacking in communication and organization and I would caution anyone receiving an unsolicited email/message expressing interest.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult or unexpected. I was quite surprised by this considering they are interviewing highly technical resources.   Answer Question

Director Remote and Cloud Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Dataprise in October 2010.

Hiring process was simple and straight forward. They looked to validate work experience and skills. They hire/fire people on a constant basis so they have this process down. They will look to lowball you at every opportunity. Just an awful place to work, buyer beware. Suggest that if you are employed there that you look for a position that doesn't keep you at the home base in Rockville. They have remote tech jobs that are the best jobs to have in this company.

Interview Questions
    • Specific technical questions relating to the job position   Answer Question
    Fast and unprofessional

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dataprise in July 2013.

Initial phone interviews were very good. In person was a joke. I was kept waiting for over a half hour. First interview with human resources was a comical waste of time. She had never read my resume and didn't know what I interviewing for. Ask me about three general questions (surprised I wasn't asked what kind of tree would I be). Then she left. Second guy that I talked on the phone for over an hour, wasn't sure who I was and apologized for scheduling an interview at the same time and had someone waiting. We talked for maybe 15 minutes. The place is the most dysfunctional group I've ever encountered.

Interview Questions
    • there weren't any. they were stupid. "What can you bring to Dataprise?" "What's your best asset?" Never once asked me any questions about the job.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dataprise in August 2012.

There was a phone interview with HR where they asked basic questions as a screening process. This was followed up by a phone interview with a technical services manager asking more detailed questions. The final step was an in-person interview where you meet with the director of HR, the director of technical services, and another technical services manager. They ask a wide variety of questions ranging from highly technical, asking about specific previous experiences, and making sure your a good personality fit. There is a personality test that you have to answer afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about a weakness which is expected but always kind of tricky. The technical questions were pretty easy and expected. Definitely know how to describe proactive maintenance in detail.   Answer Question
    Definitely don't take the first offer. Check the salary ranges on a site like this one and try to get yourself just above average (or higher if you think you deserve it).

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dataprise in August 2013.

My resume was posted online and I was contacted by a company recruiter. I spoke with her on the telephone a couple of times about my experience and the company. She scheduled a telephone interview with "FX". The interview lasted about 10 min with only a couple of technical questions. I was asked about my experience and cut off by the interviewer. A week later I received an email from the recruiter that they chose to pursue other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Dataprise.

Initial communication was via a Dataprise recruiter, very professional but friendly. There was an initial phone interview composed of some knowledge screening from the recruiter and then subsquently a more in-depth portion with one of the Team Leaders.

The next interaction was a face-to-face with the HR director and the Team Leader I would be working with. Questions from the HR director were more psychological and attempts to gauge my tone/demeanor. The Team Leaders questions were obviously of a technical nature. Some general infrastructure questions and then open ended questions "what would you do if one of the clients servers was out of warranty but still functioning..." type stuff. Most of the questions were troubleshooting in nature - "user calls saying they can't get email, how do you resolve issue."

I was called in for the next series of face-to-face interviews with a Vice President and I think the Director of Support or something or other? As in the other interviews, the questions were heavily focused on troubleshooting. Then at the end, the conversation turned a more dark tone. Mostly centered around the fact that the position calls for a lot of movement. Time is of the essense when solving problems. That stress is very high. The point was made that there is a high stress, disaster recovery issue every month and whether I can I handle that level of stress. Which really made me think WHY are there so many issues in the first place?

I can understand that they are trying to weed out candidates that really just want to sit and wait for a log alert to roll in and who will quickly cave in from a heavier workload. Unfortunately, at the end of the interview they pretty much convinced me that the position would entail misery and overwork...not really a winning strategy to bring talent in. Maybe if their approach were just a little more subtle.

I couldn't gauge much about the employees, office or work culture. Everyone seemed pleasant!

Oh and don't mention maintaining a modicum of quality of life. They did not seem to take that aspiration well. Again, it may just be impressions but is anybody really looking for a job that stresses them out? Maybe just phrase it as "challenging"?

Interview Questions
    • "Are you ready to deal with a serious disaster once a month?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dataprise in December 2012.

I was contacted by one of Dataprise's recruiters. They scheduled a 20 minute phone interview. The interview was professional, and courteous. I was asked if I had break fix experience. The interviewer stated the salary range of the position with a $10k lower high end than I'd seen advertised for this opening. I was told a second interview would be scheduled, or not, by decision of the team manager. I was notified several days later, Dataprise would keep my resume on file, but were not interested at this time. I appreciated the quick response, and being notified of their decision.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were basic. I was asked what command releases a computer's dhcp address. I was asked what I would do to troubleshoot a workstation with failed network connectivity. I was asked which version of MS Exchange first required IIS.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Dataprise.

I was appalled by the negativity in my interview. Without going into a lot of detail, I will summarize the interview with the following quote from the second person who met with me; this is the first thing he said once we sat down:

"So is this your 5th interview so far today?"

I was so taken aback by such a rude initial comment that it ruined the rest of the interview for me. I should have simply ended it there, as I knew where it was headed, but gave him the courtesy of a complete interview, even though he showed me no respect whatsoever.

This in-person interview was a follow-up to a phone interview with another engineer, who had spoken highly of them. What I don't understand is this: Why would Dataprise waste my time and their own time if they didn't take me seriously from the beginning? I have nearly a decade of experience, numerous recommendations and commendations, and I was treated as if I had just walked out of college with no experience whatsoever.

Dataprise claims to focus on customer service, but if this is their definition of "customer service", I wouldn't want to be one of their clients!

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dataprise in March 2011.

Dataprise recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. Did a 30 minute phone interview where the interviewer asked a lot of "tell me about a time when you..." questions. Basically the same question over and over with a slightly different ending. I started running out of war stories to use to answer the questions by the end. Then I was asked to go in for an in person interview where I spoke one on one with two different people. The first asked me a lot of technical questions to test my knowledge. The second was the actual hiring manager and we just spoke in a more informal way. I guess I had passed all their tests by that point and the hiring manager was just feeling out my personality.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a task or project did not go according to plan.   Answer Question

Worked for Dataprise? Contribute to the Community!