Dataprise

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dataprise in August 2012.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview with HR where they asked basic questions as a screening process. This was followed up by a phone interview with a technical services manager asking more detailed questions. The final step was an in-person interview where you meet with the director of HR, the director of technical services, and another technical services manager. They ask a wide variety of questions ranging from highly technical, asking about specific previous experiences, and making sure your a good personality fit. There is a personality test that you have to answer afterwards.

Interview Question – They asked about a weakness which is expected but always kind of tricky. The technical questions were pretty easy and expected. Definitely know how to describe proactive maintenance in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Definitely don't take the first offer. Check the salary ranges on a site like this one and try to get yourself just above average (or higher if you think you deserve it).

Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Dataprise.

Interview Details – Initial communication was via a Dataprise recruiter, very professional but friendly. There was an initial phone interview composed of some knowledge screening from the recruiter and then subsquently a more in-depth portion with one of the Team Leaders.

The next interaction was a face-to-face with the HR director and the Team Leader I would be working with. Questions from the HR director were more psychological and attempts to gauge my tone/demeanor. The Team Leaders questions were obviously of a technical nature. Some general infrastructure questions and then open ended questions "what would you do if one of the clients servers was out of warranty but still functioning..." type stuff. Most of the questions were troubleshooting in nature - "user calls saying they can't get email, how do you resolve issue."

I was called in for the next series of face-to-face interviews with a Vice President and I think the Director of Support or something or other? As in the other interviews, the questions were heavily focused on troubleshooting. Then at the end, the conversation turned a more dark tone. Mostly centered around the fact that the position calls for a lot of movement. Time is of the essense when solving problems. That stress is very high. The point was made that there is a high stress, disaster recovery issue every month and whether I can I handle that level of stress. Which really made me think WHY are there so many issues in the first place?

I can understand that they are trying to weed out candidates that really just want to sit and wait for a log alert to roll in and who will quickly cave in from a heavier workload. Unfortunately, at the end of the interview they pretty much convinced me that the position would entail misery and overwork...not really a winning strategy to bring talent in. Maybe if their approach were just a little more subtle.

I couldn't gauge much about the employees, office or work culture. Everyone seemed pleasant!

Oh and don't mention maintaining a modicum of quality of life. They did not seem to take that aspiration well. Again, it may just be impressions but is anybody really looking for a job that stresses them out? Maybe just phrase it as "challenging"?

Interview Question – "Are you ready to deal with a serious disaster once a month?"   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dataprise in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by one of Dataprise's recruiters. They scheduled a 20 minute phone interview. The interview was professional, and courteous. I was asked if I had break fix experience. The interviewer stated the salary range of the position with a $10k lower high end than I'd seen advertised for this opening. I was told a second interview would be scheduled, or not, by decision of the team manager. I was notified several days later, Dataprise would keep my resume on file, but were not interested at this time. I appreciated the quick response, and being notified of their decision.

Interview Question – The technical questions were basic. I was asked what command releases a computer's dhcp address. I was asked what I would do to troubleshoot a workstation with failed network connectivity. I was asked which version of MS Exchange first required IIS.   Answer Question

Worked for Dataprise? Contribute to the Community!