Daugherty Business Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

One phone and in person interview with recruiter. One technical interview over phone. One face to face with director and another with owner. 4 interviews total over the course of 3 weeks. Complete waste of time. They have no interest in building a team or have active projects. They are window shopping and trying to get a feel of the Dallas job market while building a new office.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard. "Technical interview" wasn't even technical. They just walk through your resume.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in July 2014.

I had an initial phone screen with a talent recruiter who found my profile via linkedin. I then had a hour call with one of the hiring managers. I thought the call went pretty well given most of the questions were general PMP and Agile stuff I had done in my previous projects. He then informed me I would hear back from them within the week. I am yet to hear back

Consultant (Project Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in July 2014.

Talked to one of their recruiters for about 35 via telephone. It seemed to be a good match but this was my first time considering a consultant position rather than FTE. Recruiter in Minneapolis office seemed to be interested in my apps development and deployment background. I interviewed in person a week later after reading a lot about them on this site. Daugherty recruiter said they have clients all across the metro but couldn't list any downtown Minneapolis. I was worried about getting stuck at Express Scripts or UHG as staff Augment and decided not to pursue a job with Daugherty.

Interview Questions
    • None. This was just an opportunity to see if I would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Inital phone contanct, face to face interview, technical interview, phone offer, acceptance meeting. Meetings where held at the St. Louis head office and where informal, converdational format. Mostly covered previous employment, work history, previous projects and technologies used.

Interview Questions
    • Had I consulted before with software development.   View Answer
    No negotiating was entered into, offered a rate on a take it or leave it basis.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in May 2014.

I was contacted by a Daugherty recruiter within one day of posting my resume on Monster. The recruiter was very friendly and informative about the company as a whole and the interview process. The recruiter was very flexible on scheduling the date/time for each of the (3) interviews which is Daugherty's current process. The first interview was with the recruiter, second was related to technical skills and third was with Line of Service Business Leaders. The technical interview was very detailed and thorough conducted by a very knowledgeable and skilled Senior Manager. The final interview was mainly learning more about the business philosophy, clients, consultant support and open Q&A. I felt very prepared for the interview process given the info that the recruiter provided originally on the company and the interview process in general.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle the communications when I realized that a project was not going to meet the ETC (Est. time of completion)?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Over the phone interview with recruiter first to establish initial fit and desire to move forward. This was pretty simple and relatively comfortable. Face to Face interview with recruiter to discuss position, company, benefits, work culture, types of engagements, ect. Technical Interview with senior level management member in the same technical area as you are being hired for. Management interview with senior management team member. After hiring, expect a half day orientation with HR to policies and procedures, the at least the second half of your first day on "the bench", the waiting area before going to a client engagement. Depending on your skills and the current needs, you may be on the bench only the second half of your first day and go out to a client the next day, or you may be on the bench for a couple weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions are designed to test your knowledge of an area and they will.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interviews were all done over the phone. Things moved quickly. Background check, drug test, and other industry standards.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed project management questions when applying for a different position.   Answer Question
    Small negations, not in salary, but in other benefits

Business Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in March 2014.

1st contact HR phone interview, 2nd HR face-to-face to review resume chronology and ensure correct skills, 3rd with technical lead for in depth quiz on Business Analyst expertise, 4th with Hiring Manager for interpersonal and culture fit. They seemed disorganized and able to make a decision. I had substantial expert skills in more than one line of their business model lines and they had a hard time figuring out where I fit. They requested a 5th interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were facilitating a JAD session and a key stakeholder/project sponsor was venting and very upset with some issue unrelated with the agenda, how would you deal with this key person?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in November 2013.

The initial recruiter called me after having found my resume on a job board and said the hiring manager would certainly be very interested in speaking to me, due to my extensive client facing job history and skill set. The complete opposite situation occurred. Rather than focusing on my skills as a successful project manager able to bring projects to completion on time and within budget, the guy only wanted to hear how I could generate more business (sales). Successful projects should bring follow-on business too, and count for something.

Interview Questions
    • How do you drive follow-on business from your current assignment?   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in October 2013.

They need to see you personally to make sure you "fit the image". This can be difficult since they are located a good distance from the city - especially if you are employed. The first interview was good and respectful of my experience and background. The second was face to face with the recruiter. The "next" was absolutely offensive. He classified himself as a "techno weenie" and was very impressed with himself. He was actually a developer but not really sure what his title was. At the principal level you should be interviewed by Directors - not line level developers. I ended the conversation because he insisted this was "supposed to be an interview"..not sure what he meant by that but the lack of professionalism and true business background was very transparent. I personally would not let this guy near my clients!