Daugherty Business Solutions

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions

Interview Details – Inital phone contanct, face to face interview, technical interview, phone offer, acceptance meeting. Meetings where held at the St. Louis head office and where informal, converdational format. Mostly covered previous employment, work history, previous projects and technologies used.

Interview Question – Had I consulted before with software development.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating was entered into, offered a rate on a take it or leave it basis.

Business Architect Interview

Business Architect
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1st contact HR phone interview, 2nd HR face-to-face to review resume chronology and ensure correct skills, 3rd with technical lead for in depth quiz on Business Analyst expertise, 4th with Hiring Manager for interpersonal and culture fit. They seemed disorganized and able to make a decision. I had substantial expert skills in more than one line of their business model lines and they had a hard time figuring out where I fit. They requested a 5th interview.

Interview Question – If you were facilitating a JAD session and a key stakeholder/project sponsor was venting and very upset with some issue unrelated with the agenda, how would you deal with this key person?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with previous LOS Lead and former branch manager.

Interview Question – "What can you bring to Daugherty that another person cannot". Also, I got the "what are your weaknesses" question.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview with recruiter first to establish initial fit and desire to move forward. This was pretty simple and relatively comfortable. Face to Face interview with recruiter to discuss position, company, benefits, work culture, types of engagements, ect. Technical Interview with senior level management member in the same technical area as you are being hired for. Management interview with senior management team member. After hiring, expect a half day orientation with HR to policies and procedures, the at least the second half of your first day on "the bench", the waiting area before going to a client engagement. Depending on your skills and the current needs, you may be on the bench only the second half of your first day and go out to a client the next day, or you may be on the bench for a couple weeks.

Interview Question – The technical questions are designed to test your knowledge of an area and they will.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in January 2013.

Interview Details – They very quick and great interview experience

Interview Question – Questions about previous employers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 10 to 15%

Very Easy Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview Details – Interviews were all done over the phone. Things moved quickly. Background check, drug test, and other industry standards.

Interview Question – Detailed project management questions when applying for a different position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Small negations, not in salary, but in other benefits

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in July 2010.

Interview Details – The HR resource conducted an initial phone screen, led to 2 additional phone screens, then a round of face to face interviews. The interviewers were focused on learning project management/program management experience and consulting experience.

Interview Question – What value would I add to DBS?   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Principal
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in October 2013.

Interview Details – They need to see you personally to make sure you "fit the image". This can be difficult since they are located a good distance from the city - especially if you are employed. The first interview was good and respectful of my experience and background. The second was face to face with the recruiter. The "next" was absolutely offensive. He classified himself as a "techno weenie" and was very impressed with himself. He was actually a developer but not really sure what his title was. At the principal level you should be interviewed by Directors - not line level developers. I ended the conversation because he insisted this was "supposed to be an interview"..not sure what he meant by that but the lack of professionalism and true business background was very transparent. I personally would not let this guy near my clients!

Interview Question – What is continuous delivery?   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in January 2011.

Interview Details – The people are very friendly, but you will go through at least 5 - 7 interviews. The response time is baring on non-professional. Feedback is almost non-existing. All interviews are face to face and are in-depth about previous experiences. Looking for what you are really bringing to the table.

Interview Question – How do you recommend dealing with highly political clients?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview Details – Initial communications were brief and rather off putting due to tone and perceived attitude. Interviews were better. All interviewers were in strong "attract mode" which made me wary. Weren't they supposed to be testing me out? Had 3 interviews with an hour break between two of them which was very inconvenient. Overall, I thought the interview process was thorough and more enjoyable than usual.

Interview Question – Lots of questions on growing accounts and business. Did not think that was appropriate to consider for someone in my position/level of experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Inadequate time off. Would not adjust even with aggressive negotiation. Offered lower salary than current position and noted that paid overtime would account for the difference. That as not acceptable to me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Daugherty Business Solutions

Worked for Daugherty Business Solutions? Contribute to the Community!