Daugherty Business Solutions

Updated Aug 25, 2014

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in May 2014.

I was contacted by a Daugherty recruiter within one day of posting my resume on Monster. The recruiter was very friendly and informative about the company as a whole and the interview process. The recruiter was very flexible on scheduling the date/time for each of the (3) interviews which is Daugherty's current process. The first interview was with the recruiter, second was related to technical skills and third was with Line of Service Business Leaders. The technical interview was very detailed and thorough conducted by a very knowledgeable and skilled Senior Manager. The final interview was mainly learning more about the business philosophy, clients, consultant support and open Q&A. I felt very prepared for the interview process given the info that the recruiter provided originally on the company and the interview process in general.

Interview Questions
  • How would I handle the communications when I realized that a project was not going to meet the ETC (Est. time of completion)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Daugherty Business Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview process can go quickly as they want to hire as many as possible.
    Expect at least 3 levels for interviews where at least one is in person. The first is with a recruiter. The second with someone in your field of expertise. The third and beyond with be with senior leadership from the branch.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like best about consulting over corporate employment?   Answer Question
    Informal and unprofessional.
    The leveling process was inconsistent with my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

In order to get hired, you will need to be very technical and also very social. Daugherty does not often hire typical type II personalities.

Interview Questions
    • How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in September 2012.

Very thorough process

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you would be a good fit at Daugherty, and what are you focused on learning at this time?   View Answer
    Very efficient

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in June 2011.

Interviewed with previous LOS Lead and former branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • "What can you bring to Daugherty that another person cannot". Also, I got the "what are your weaknesses" question.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in October 2010.

I initially received an E-Mail from their recruiter, requesting a visit in their Alpharetta office. I came by, and she described the company structure and the job details. The benefits package was poor - no stock options, no 401k match, growth within the company seems to hit a glass ceiling very hard once you reach a certain point. It's basically a technical staffing firm - no real company culture, just a bunch of bodies to place into projects - like an Accenture or PWC, but without the name recognition.

The recruiter decides to schedule a phone interview at 8AM - quite an inconvenient time to hold a phone screen while you're currently employed. The phone interviewer is a technical resource who just basically asks what technologies I've worked with. No real assessment of my skills was performed. This lasted about 30 minutes, and he seemed a little bit rushed.

I heard nothing from this company for about a month afterward. By the time I heard from them again, I had taken a much better offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of J2EE Frameworks (Spring, EJB, etc.) have I worked with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in July 2010.

The HR resource conducted an initial phone screen, led to 2 additional phone screens, then a round of face to face interviews. The interviewers were focused on learning project management/program management experience and consulting experience.