Dave & Buster's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.3

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dave & Buster's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Short and somewhat informal. Was given a lot of information on the company and gave all the information on experience and knowledge that I brought to help benefit the company.

Winner Circle Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dave & Buster's (Greenville, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online then called and they set me up an interview for the next day. My interview was comfortable and quick. They offered me drinks. The manager was very friendly. I was introduced to some of the staff and taken on a tour of the building. I was then offered the job where they asked me if I was ok with the pay and dress code and then asked to attend orientation the next day.

Interview Questions

• What are things I don't like to see on a job?   1 Answer
    • What is one fun thing that I would love to do but haven't done yet?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Dave & Buster's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Filled out an online application, called in for an interview. The guy that was supposed to interview never showed up, so I had to be interviewed randomly by a different manager. Interview went great and said he would contact me to see if we can get a second interview with the other managers. Never gave me a call back, but I called over and over until I got a hold of someone...eventually leading me down.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had an unhappy customer and say how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dave & Buster's (Clackamas, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online received an email within a few days to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview went good and once I had filled out the assessment test online, I received another email with a day and time to meet in store with the store manager. The manager seemed nice, informative and I thought the interview went great. I really liked the environment, i was introduced to everyone on staff that day. I feel like the only things i didn't like about my interview was when I asked about the hours, how it worked, etc. I was told that I would be hired as a 50 hour a week manager, but I would be working at least 60 and upwards of 70 hours a week. That a lot of hours to work in a week with so many managers working in the location in my opinion, and a lot of managers come in on their days off to do five hours of admin work to catch up. I thought this was an excessive amount of hours, to work regularly. I didn't say I couldn't do this but I honestly think I blew the interview by mentioning at the end in conversation that I have a toddler who would be in day care. While I am more than qualified for the position since I have similar work history as a general manager, I was not hired and no one has yet to fill the spot. I was a little disappointed because I feel in my heart this was the reason I wasn't selected, because the manager kept saying how this is the perfect job for single people, or with no children at home.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work history, what I did, what my role was, etc. I was then asked questions related to P&L since I was a store manager before. I was asked training questions as well, my style, etc.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dave & Buster's (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online, I had an interview the very next day. They asked me a few questions about the company and past experience and then was hired on the spot. It was a very quick process and I came in the following afternoon to begin training.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experience and what I knew about Dave & Buster's   Answer Question

Winners Circle Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dave & Buster's (Woburn, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Be fun, talk, laugh. The more outgoing you are, the more youll fit in. Have fun with it, dont be shy.. Say heck yah(thats their catchphrase) dont make it look like your trying to hard, but dont act like you dont care either. Just be your self. From the moment I walked into the interview, my attitude and spirit was uplifted.

Interview Questions

• Why d&b   1 Answer
    • How to make guest experience fun without crossing boundaries.   1 Answer

Service Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Interview

It was a blast! The interview was but informative. Just have a great attitude and smile. Easiest interview I've ever had. All the managers are nice and fun. If you're fun and have an excellent attitude you will be hired and this will be the most perfect job for you.

Game Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dave & Buster's (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and went into the hiring site. They held speed interviews with various managers then they made a job offer. I've been offered other employment and decided that would be a better fit due to higher pay and when the other job would be able to have me start. Also, as part of employment with Dave and Buster's your not allowed to drink there on days you do not work there. It's understandable but kinda disappointing and make it's better to visit then work at.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Euless, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Off-site, "Speed-dating" type interview with three different managers for location soon to open in Euless. Awesome management team, all very easy to engage and speak openly with ease. Expectations of D&Bs employees are all around you on poster boards, banners, and screens.

Deposits Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dave & Buster's (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email a few weeks later. Called manager and scheduled an interview. Interviewed one on one with one of the assistants. Casual interview. Pleasant. Asked how much I was looking to make.

Interview Questions

Only offering part-time and 10-11 an hour. I realized I was overqualified and this position wouldn't allow me to pay bills.