Dave & Buster's

32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in April 2010.

Interview Details – basic interview, lots of behavioral questions, Not hard at all. phone interview, face to face interview, phone interview with District Manager, then i was given an offer. I started a couple of days later, training was non existent. Be ready to train yourself, as there is a program in place but you must be diligent and driven and persistent. Overall easy to catch on.

Interview Question – none really   Answer Question

Disbursement Administrator Interview

Disbursement Administrator
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in July 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter found my resume. I came into their office & interview there first. Then I got a phone interview with D&B's HR. I was offered an in person interview at the office. I first met with the AP Manager, then with the VP of Accounting. It was very conversational and I went on a Thursday so everyone was wearing jeans. It was casual. The entire office looked very happy, as everyone smiled as I walked around the building. After meeting with the VP of Accounting, I was asked if I had time to take a personality test and a math test in a conference room. It was about 50 questions of how i behaved in social settings, the math was also very easy. I can do basic math in my head, not much algebra.

Interview Question – Each person I met with from D&B had an outgoing and strong personality. It matched my own. I have referred other's to this company but they failed to stand out personality wise.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My recruiter went for the higher amount of $15, but the hourly range started at $12/hr. It took nearly 3 weeks to get hired! My entire background was checked. My college was called for transcripts, all references checked. It took almost a solid month before I got an offer.

Front Desk/Host Interview

Front Desk/Host

I applied online - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was quite bizarre. I was taken into a room with music blasting and told to sit. There were three managers sitting across from me and I was told I would interview in a "speed dating" type manor. I was given 5 minutes to talk to the first person before they yelled switch and i was told to move to the next. They asked basic questions about how I would react in certain situations and what is important in a customer service type industry. On the way out I was given candy and a D&B sticker. After that was over I was told to meet the GM where he asked me questions about availability and salary before offering me the job. I know from working there for 9 months that this isn't the norm, but was done this way because we were opening a new store. Generally they would interview people in booths in the dining room after making them wait 20-30 minutes after their interview time. All you need to so be energetic and smile and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – The questions were all pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If asked how much you wish to get paid go higher rather than lower. I had no idea so i just let them decide for me when i could've ended up being paid more.

Captain Interview

Captain

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Interview Details – Initially, I filled out an application online. It was relatively straight forward, with your typical questions. Each position that DB has is accompanied with a Self-Test, which you must complete at the end of each job submission (one test per position)

I received a call about 4-5 days after completing the online assessment. They asked for me to come in to give a formal interview.

I scheduled and attended the interview 2 days later. This interview was far from formal. In fact, I was sitting at one of the dinning tables right next to the gaming area. It was very difficult to hear the interviewer (some manager at the store) ask the questions, so I kept asking her to repeat.

While answering questions, she was filling out a double sided "check list" based on my responses.

After the interview was completed (about 20 minutes) - she had me wait at the table, as she went to deliver this sheet to the store manager. The store manager came out after approximately 20 minutes to discuss my interview with me. He stated "I want to hire you." and briefly detailed the position for which I was applying.

He was slightly unsure of what I was capable of doing, in terms of the position I applied, and stated he would "talk to his people" and get back to me. I received a call 2 days later from the same interviewer immediately offering me the job with a set pay, no room for negotiation. I accepted initially, and she sent me an email with a form to fill out.

I ended up declining the offer because the days they required me for training were not flexible, and I had a medical procedure that could not be rescheduled. It's unfortunate, but that's what it is.

Interview Question – Very standard questions. They review your employer history, ask why you left x,y,z, what your worst experience was, biggest strength/weakness, what would your supervisor say about you, how do you work under pressure, why do you think you are capable of this position, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The would not negotiate salary, one of the managers didn't really seem to care too much about who she was hiring, was not flexible with the training date.

Midway Technician Interview

Midway Technician

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in April 2013.

Interview Details – I sent in my application and received a call to come in for the interview. First it was a 1 on 1, then the manager brought another manager over basically to help approve of hiring, with a couple more questions. Pretty general questions such as where do I think I'll be in 5 years.

Interview Question – What's the difference between a customer and a guest?   View Answer

Cocktail Server Interview

Cocktail Server
Duluth, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in April 2010.

Interview Details – Easy and stress free process, I heard back fast that I got the job.

Special Event Consultant Interview

Special Event Consultant

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in March 2014.

Interview Details – Albeit it detailed, and the expected multiple steps, it was intentional, enjoyable and thought provoking.

Interview Question – As someone new to my market, what companies would I target to host an event at the venue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As expected. Professional.

PMT Technician Interview

PMT Technician
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in September 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very quick. You will have 3 interviews in the same day, but once you're passed the first one, you're all set.

Interview Question – None really, just standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked what I think I should be making. I told them 11.00 p/h they came back with 10.50 p/h. The End

Winner Circle Staff Interview

Winner Circle Staff
Frisco, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had gone in to fill out an application, which they make you do onsite. If you take it with you to bring back later they will not hire you. Within 3 days of that i was called in to do the interview, the first part was some basic face to face question and answers. The 2nd phase was a personality test. 100+ questionnaire that asked a lot of the same questions in different ways.

Interview Question – have you ever stolen anything.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none they will pay you a set price or they will hire someone else

Very Easy Interview

Server Interview

Server
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and then received an e-mail about 3 days later from the manager saying to come to Dave and Busters in person for interviews that he was holding. I came and talked to the manger, he kind of just reviewed my job application with me, mostly just asked me about my previous job experience and then told me I was hired. He kept in contact with me via e-mail to set up dates that I would come in for training. Easiest job to get ever.

Interview Question – None were difficult, he was just reviewing my job application with me.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dave & Buster's

Worked for Dave & Buster's? Contribute to the Community!