Dave & Buster's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
34 interviews

2.4

Deposits Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in August 2014.

I applied online, put in my information and was sent an email with a list of days that would work for an interview. This was a panel interview with 5 different dept. managers- everything from service to regional. I had worked in the field for a while, so I was comfortable with it but many others around me who were next in line showed clear anxiety.

Interview Questions
    • We value a fun environment, sing me your favorite song.   Answer Question

Ticket Clerk Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in February 2013.

I was called into to check out the place the next day, I had to interview with three managers and it got harder each manager. They asked a variety of people whether how you handle situations to how you can handle down time. They even asked what was my favorite actor which was great, I loved that manager and really sad they had to go. However It was a very positive experience and hope they are doing well

Interview Questions
    • How to handle disgruntled employees if you were manager.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in April 2010.

basic interview, lots of behavioral questions, Not hard at all. phone interview, face to face interview, phone interview with District Manager, then i was given an offer. I started a couple of days later, training was non existent. Be ready to train yourself, as there is a program in place but you must be diligent and driven and persistent. Overall easy to catch on.

Disbursement Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in July 2010.

A recruiter found my resume. I came into their office & interview there first. Then I got a phone interview with D&B's HR. I was offered an in person interview at the office. I first met with the AP Manager, then with the VP of Accounting. It was very conversational and I went on a Thursday so everyone was wearing jeans. It was casual. The entire office looked very happy, as everyone smiled as I walked around the building. After meeting with the VP of Accounting, I was asked if I had time to take a personality test and a math test in a conference room. It was about 50 questions of how i behaved in social settings, the math was also very easy. I can do basic math in my head, not much algebra.

Interview Questions
    • Each person I met with from D&B had an outgoing and strong personality. It matched my own. I have referred other's to this company but they failed to stand out personality wise.   View Answer
    My recruiter went for the higher amount of $15, but the hourly range started at $12/hr. It took nearly 3 weeks to get hired! My entire background was checked. My college was called for transcripts, all references checked. It took almost a solid month before I got an offer.

Front Desk/Host Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in July 2013.

The interviewing process was quite bizarre. I was taken into a room with music blasting and told to sit. There were three managers sitting across from me and I was told I would interview in a "speed dating" type manor. I was given 5 minutes to talk to the first person before they yelled switch and i was told to move to the next. They asked basic questions about how I would react in certain situations and what is important in a customer service type industry. On the way out I was given candy and a D&B sticker. After that was over I was told to meet the GM where he asked me questions about availability and salary before offering me the job. I know from working there for 9 months that this isn't the norm, but was done this way because we were opening a new store. Generally they would interview people in booths in the dining room after making them wait 20-30 minutes after their interview time. All you need to so be energetic and smile and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    If asked how much you wish to get paid go higher rather than lower. I had no idea so i just let them decide for me when i could've ended up being paid more.

Captain Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Initially, I filled out an application online. It was relatively straight forward, with your typical questions. Each position that DB has is accompanied with a Self-Test, which you must complete at the end of each job submission (one test per position)

I received a call about 4-5 days after completing the online assessment. They asked for me to come in to give a formal interview.

I scheduled and attended the interview 2 days later. This interview was far from formal. In fact, I was sitting at one of the dinning tables right next to the gaming area. It was very difficult to hear the interviewer (some manager at the store) ask the questions, so I kept asking her to repeat.

While answering questions, she was filling out a double sided "check list" based on my responses.

After the interview was completed (about 20 minutes) - she had me wait at the table, as she went to deliver this sheet to the store manager. The store manager came out after approximately 20 minutes to discuss my interview with me. He stated "I want to hire you." and briefly detailed the position for which I was applying.

He was slightly unsure of what I was capable of doing, in terms of the position I applied, and stated he would "talk to his people" and get back to me. I received a call 2 days later from the same interviewer immediately offering me the job with a set pay, no room for negotiation. I accepted initially, and she sent me an email with a form to fill out.

I ended up declining the offer because the days they required me for training were not flexible, and I had a medical procedure that could not be rescheduled. It's unfortunate, but that's what it is.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions. They review your employer history, ask why you left x,y,z, what your worst experience was, biggest strength/weakness, what would your supervisor say about you, how do you work under pressure, why do you think you are capable of this position, etc.   Answer Question

The would not negotiate salary, one of the managers didn't really seem to care too much about who she was hiring, was not flexible with the training date.

Midway Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in April 2013.

I sent in my application and received a call to come in for the interview. First it was a 1 on 1, then the manager brought another manager over basically to help approve of hiring, with a couple more questions. Pretty general questions such as where do I think I'll be in 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between a customer and a guest?   View Answer

Cocktail Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in April 2010.

Easy and stress free process, I heard back fast that I got the job.

Special Event Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in March 2014.

Albeit it detailed, and the expected multiple steps, it was intentional, enjoyable and thought provoking.

Interview Questions
    • As someone new to my market, what companies would I target to host an event at the venue.   Answer Question
    As expected. Professional.

PMT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dave & Buster's in September 2013.

The hiring process is very quick. You will have 3 interviews in the same day, but once you're passed the first one, you're all set.

Interview Questions
    They asked what I think I should be making. I told them 11.00 p/h they came back with 10.50 p/h. The End

Worked for Dave & Buster's? Contribute to the Community!