Dave & Buster's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.3

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Open interviews. It was held at the location in the event room. I went in and wrote my name down and waited while the interviewers were working with other people. There were two interviewers, first guy asked questions about you, second person told you what the job was like and asked some more questions

Front Desk/Host Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dave & Buster's.

I applied on and about two weeks later got a back for an interview. The first interview is pretty easy, it's the type of why do you want to work here questions. I past that and got a second interview which is basically a recap of everything from the first interview. The next step is orientation. After that you begin training.

No negotiation

Waitstaff Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

I was contacted about a week after I had applied, and the interview process was pretty interesting, above all, when it comes to the interview, you really have to keep your energy up to show you are qualified, it's an opportunity to display your people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Biggest Strengths and Weaknesses, Why you left your former employer, can you work under pressure, and etc...   Answer Question

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dave & Buster's in February 2015.

I applied online.
    A few weeks later, I was called for an interview with the Amusement Manager, which included questions about availability, customer service, and technical knowledge.

After that interview, I had a second interview with the Asst. General Manager, who briefly went over my availability again, and then paired me up with one of the Senior Game Techs to do a walkthrough of the midway area. Following that, I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • A guest tells you that a machine didn't print out their tickets. What troubleshooting steps should you take?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Winner Circle Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Interview process is pretty basic , ask you about yourself ask what you like to do then ask you about what you like to do on your spare time

AOM Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Tom was great. He was available the entire process and professional, motivating while selling the company as the company got brighter everyday by allowing me to learn more and more about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dave & Buster's.

It went really smoothly, got offered a job and within a week I was up there to start the initial computer training and then begin hands on training with coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • There was no really difficult questions I was asked that I hadn't been asked before in an interview.   Answer Question

Captain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dave & Buster's in September 2014.

Applied online and received call within 2 days. Spoke to hiring manager who called me in for an interview. Interview process was like a speed dating game, very little interest in me as a person, just general questions

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to irrate guests
      What would you do if a guest disputes his bill
      Are you willing to work x,yz, positions

Answer Question

Offer was too low

Catering Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dave & Buster's in September 2014.

I applied online, both also sought out directly contacting their recruiters with my resume. One (who wasn't handling this market) was very friendly and helpful. The other, who was was cold and painfully disinterested.

She contacted me about a week later for a phone screen, which lasted less than 15 minutes and her bored disinterest was apparent even over the phone--and even though I have extensive experience in the field and expressed my excitement over their arrival in our market.

Apparently experience, enthusiasm, creative ideas and flexibility weren't what she felt "worked" because I never heard anything further. Guess where in the position I did get I won't be referring clients? Because her lack of professionalism gave a bad impression of a new to the market business

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions. And given how thoroughly detached she seemed, she probably didn't bother to note my answers, anyway   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dave & Buster's in August 2014.

I applied for a store that was a New Open. The process took about two weeks from the initial application submission. I went to their website, filled out the online application for the server position. I filled out all personal information, and then immediately after I took a questionaire. Two days after the application and question I recieved an email saying I would be able to interview in what would be somewhat of a speed dating setting. I picked a date that fit me best. The day of the interview I went in to a room that was set up with chair and many managers and a closed off section. I was sat down and the first of three interviewers asked typical questions on work ethic and schedule, second interview sat down and asked about my serving abilities and where i've previously work, and third interviewer was more of the fun person, asking what would be the most exciting thing in life I would ever do and how to try to amp up a table and have fun. Each time an interview was over there was a bell that was rang to tell the managers to transition to the next interviewer. When all three interviews were done I sat down with the general manager who told me about the job, the expectations, and told me I was hired right there. I filled out paper work, and payment schedule, and was told when orientation was.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most excited thing ever if you could that you would do. DON'T CHOOSE SKYDIVING, very none unique answer.   Answer Question
    None just gave the typical low server hourly rate. My focus wasn't the hourly rate though.