Dave & Buster's Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Clackamas, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online received an email within a few days to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview went good and once I had filled out the assessment test online, I received another email with a day and time to meet in store with the store manager. The manager seemed nice, informative and I thought the interview went great. I really liked the environment, i was introduced to everyone on staff that day. I feel like the only things i didn't like about my interview was when I asked about the hours, how it worked, etc. I was told that I would be hired as a 50 hour a week manager, but I would be working at least 60 and upwards of 70 hours a week. That a lot of hours to work in a week with so many managers working in the location in my opinion, and a lot of managers come in on their days off to do five hours of admin work to catch up. I thought this was an excessive amount of hours, to work regularly. I didn't say I couldn't do this but I honestly think I blew the interview by mentioning at the end in conversation that I have a toddler who would be in day care. While I am more than qualified for the position since I have similar work history as a general manager, I was not hired and no one has yet to fill the spot. I was a little disappointed because I feel in my heart this was the reason I wasn't selected, because the manager kept saying how this is the perfect job for single people, or with no children at home.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work history, what I did, what my role was, etc. I was then asked questions related to P&L since I was a store manager before. I was asked training questions as well, my style, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dave & Buster's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Concord, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a recruiter calling to set up interview on site with the GM. I took a Batrus exam online to see if I was acceptable. After I interviewed I was then contacted by the recruiter for background check.

Interview Questions

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's in July 2008.

Interview

meet with the GM and anwsered his questions