David Evans Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.8

Junior Bridge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at David Evans (Salem, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Casual meeting with two senior employees. Very nice office and friendly staff. It seemed like they were reading questions off of a script, not actually prepared for any kind of personalized interview. They asked some of the typical questions like "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" but didn't give any kind of exam.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself and your career in five years? What kinds of things would you expect the company to provide for you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at David Evans in October 2014.

Interview

There was a phone screening after online submission followed by an in person interview with two associates. The interview process was straightforward and felt more like a compatibility check than anything else. They did not question much on my resume. There was not any negotiation. They did contact at least one of my references.

Electrical Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at David Evans (Vancouver, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was with a client as this is a consulting firm. I travelled to the employer location and interviewed directly with management staff in the department I was to work for. The questions mostly pertained to the skills I had pertaining to the work done in my department. This client is a federal agency tasked with operation of the high voltage transmission system, so most questions were about bulk electric system analysis, my experience with power flow software, my awareness of federal standards for operation of a high voltage transmission system. There was a little bit of inquiry into my ability to work in a stressful environment. The staff that conducted the interview was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Have you used PowerWorld powerflow software? Describe your experience using powerflow software.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at David Evans.

Interview

Process went pretty quick from beginning to end. Although I think that the system is changing and becoming more cookie cutter. DEA tries hard to do a good job of onboarding, although results depend on the Office and Business Unit.

Interview Questions

• Questions on pretty detailed engineering stuff. Not really looking for the right answer, but at least an understanding of the topic   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at David Evans (Fife, WA).

Interview

Called within a week of submitting application. Interview with Office Manager and the 2 department heads that I would assisting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They had a salary that they wanted to pay me, I simply asked for more. One of the department head wasn't thrilled, the other liked that I asked, so they gave it to me.