David J. Joseph Finance Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at David J. Joseph in December 2011.

Initial contact was 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter. Next interview consisted of interview with person with whom I would directly report. The interview was approximately 1.5 hours and was relatively relaxed. They are big on cultural fit within the Company so I feel like the primary purpose was trying to determine this. This was followed up the following week by a meeting with both the head of the HR department and another person within the department in which I was interviewing. Another 2 hour interview. The following week I was asked to come in and meet with another Division Head for lunch. The following week I was asked to to tour one of their local facilities in the morning and then meet with the CEO. The following week I was asked to come in again and take a battery of tests- personality, Wunderlich, etc. I was told I performed very well on these and an offer was imminent. A couple of days later I was told that there was one other last minute candidate who was referred by an a company affiliate, and they felt they needed to interview him to cover their bases. Needless to say they met with him once and made an offer. Very frustrating experience in light of what they put they through, only to make a hire based on one interview. I will say they were very straight-forward and honest throughout the process. Basically, I think they are good people who are painfully slow and meticulous in their hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • A situation where your values were challenged and how did you handle it.   View Answer
  • Very conversational questions- more personality based than anything else   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at David J. Joseph

Worked for David J. Joseph? Contribute to the Community!