David Jones

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Casual Sales Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at David Jones.

Interview Details – Telephone interview, then selection for group interview going through various activities such as history, scenarios, group tasks, then face to face interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went beyond the minimum to provide customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was on store/department preference

IT Infrastructure Technical Lead Interview

IT Infrastructure Technical Lead
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at David Jones in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via DJ web site, which has it's own pros and cons
Received a call , not a lot screening. Very flexible on moving the interview around.
Interviewed by HR and it operations manager. HR first, most of the questions around DJ culture, little bit of technical.
Then a bit more of the role, 40 week etc

Interview Question – Nothing un expected   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at David Jones in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired over ten years as an assistant buyer. I had two phone interviews with HR, then met with HR in their office and then a week or so later had an interview with a General Manager at the company.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a small increase to my salary based on my previous experience.

BEAUTY COUNTER MANAGER Interview

BEAUTY COUNTER MANAGER

Interviewed at David Jones

Interview Details – Phone interview+ group+ manager

Interview Question – Too many questions and the make up test.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at David Jones in November 2012.

Interview Details – Individual one on one interview, followed by a second group interview the week following.

Negotiation Details – Phone call, not much negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at David Jones.

Interview Details – 1 coding exam online then 1 hr interview finally 3 technical interviews on skype

Interview Question – given a linked list, swap each pair of elements with each other
input Example : A->B->C->D->E
output : B->A->D->C->E
  Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

Interviewed at David Jones

Interview Details – Was a group interview and then the one-on-one interview was quite casual and just a chat explaining the role and why you were interested

Interview Question – Wasn't really any difficult questions. All were just very typical!   Answer Question

Beauty Consultant Interview

Beauty Consultant

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at David Jones in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online through David Jones website. Make sure your resume is up to date and have an outstanding cover letter.
Search online for interview questions related to sales assistant or beauty consultant.
Read up on David Jones website about the company because they will ask you about it in the group interivew.

Interview Question – how have you been able to resolve a difficult situation in the work environment   Answer Question

Worked for David Jones? Contribute to the Community!