David's Bridal

88 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at David's Bridal in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with District Manager

Negotiation Details – Just communicate salary expectation

Very Easy Interview

Nashua, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at David's Bridal in August 2011.

Interview Details – Super easy going. Because there is so much turn over, they hire pretty much anyone who seems enthusiastic, and is willing to work for commission and on weekends. There is usually an initial interview with the store manager, and one with the district manager (which may be over the phone)

Interview Question – Tell me about the pace of your last position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You make minimum as a base pay, and commission.

Very Easy Interview

Alterations Assistant Interview

Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at David's Bridal in September 2010.

Interview Details – Had originally gone in to talk about being hired for a floor sales person, but they were staffed with enough people that they weren't looking for more. But after finding out I had some hand sewing skills, I was hired on to be an alterations assistant instead. Which worked out great for me!

Negotiation Details – Easy, no negotiations were really needed. I was happy with what they offered.

Feasterville Trevose, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at David's Bridal in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied March 31st online and I received a phone call the next day to come in for an interview. I went in for an interview almost a week later (it would have been sooner but there were scheduling conflicts on my end), and received a job offer two days after the one on one interview. The interview was with two of the hiring managers, and they were very friendly. The interview was not difficult. Some of the questions included:
1. Why David's Bridal?
2. Tell me about a time where you thought a coworker made a quick decision.
3. Sell your outfit.
4. Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an irate customer.

Interview Question – Sometimes this can be a very emotional job. What would you do if a bride came in with 10 of her family members and friends and no one could agree on anything. How would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The pay is $7.50/hour plus commission. However, you have to sell a certain amount before you qualify for commission.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at David's Bridal in July 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted an application in person, introduced myself to management. Waited about a week, then called and asked to interview. Landed an interview with the store manager. Then landed a follow-up interview with the district manager. Waited a few days , and got the job offer.

Interview Question – Role playing a telephone conversation without knowing their policies.   View Answer

Bridal Consultant Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at David's Bridal.

Interview Details – Came into store and submitted resume and application. Got a call about a month later. Group Interview then phone interview with distric manager.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Idaho Falls, ID

I applied online - interviewed at David's Bridal in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called in for a group interview. The interview probably lasted an hour. We were then invited to come in for a Saturday to make sure we actually could handle the job. Most applicants were asked to come back for a second interview, but I was offered a position immediately after that Saturday and did not have to come back for another interview.

Interview Question – Any question related to selling.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's really no negotiation. They give you hours depending on your availability and how much you sale. The pay is the same for everyone. It's a base pay of $7.50 with commission.

Interviewed at David's Bridal

Interview Details – Wasn't given a proper interview; the woman continued helping customers as normal while she disinterestedly chatted with me.

Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at David's Bridal.

Interview Details – Received a call for a group interview, there were four of us total, and we met with two of the managers at the location. They went person to person and did an overview of our resumes and asked us about our strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – They really didn't ask any typical interview questions. Most of the questions were regarding our past and current jobs.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasn't a good fit for the time, due to changes in full time employee benefits, this business offered a maximum of 29 hours/week and I was looking for something more full time.

Stylist
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at David's Bridal in December 2013.

Interview Details – The application is online, and it is quite tedious. After the usual filling out, there is a test that is timed, and you have to answer as many questions as possible. We had a weird winter this year (2013) so what was supposed to be a group interview ended up being just me. They asked if we knew any of the history of David's Bridal, and a lot of general interview questions, along with what we think about the wedding industry. It was fairly easy and super relaxed.

Interview Question – There wasn't a tough question for me in this particular interview, fortunately.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at David's Bridal

Worked for David's Bridal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at David's Bridal interview questions and advice. All 88 interview reviews posted anonymously by David's Bridal employees and interview candidates.