David's Bridal

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at David's Bridal.

They lead you to believe you are being interviewed for an open position. You are actually being put on a "bench" to wait until a position opens up due to high turnover

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you can handle the bridal business?   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at David's Bridal in February 2015.

Applied online, called in a week later to check the status. The assistant manager pulled my application and told me to give her a week and expect an email. She also told me that position I applied for may not be available, but a stylist position is probably what they're looking to fill. It was a group interview, basic questions. We introduced ourselves, answered questions after one another. Got called for a 2nd interview the following morning with the store manager. She asked more general questions, and told me I should know by the end of the week.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at David's Bridal.

They were high in need, so the process was super quick (about a week). I called about my application, then was asked to go in the following day to a group interview. I interviewed, then was asked the day after the interview to come by over on a Saturday to see what the shop looks like on a weekend. I was hired when I came in. Actually starting work took a while longer. I imagine during times where they aren't as busy that this process takes a little longer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too crazy. But answer very carefully the question "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at David's Bridal.

So I was contacted by a recruiter. Then the store manger contacted me. I was told there was going to be a group interview but I happen to be the only one that showed up, maybe because of the weather idk. But that ended up being a plus! she asked me about myself and what my aspirations were that was the perf opportunity to sell yourself basically. After that I knew I had it in the bag at the end of the interview she informed me about dress code and training.

Training- It was just me with an assistant manager. They put you on a computer to go through links about product knowledge, very tedious but informative. Then you go through the booklet to learn more about how to deal with customers and appointments etc.

I've only been there for about two weeks and it seems fun. Hoping to get offered full time after the seasonal period is over.

Interview Questions
    • Some customers think they can stay in the appointment all day. How do you remind a bride they only have 90mins allotted for them?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at David's Bridal.

I applied online and I was contacted about two days later. I went in that same day for an interview and found out two days later that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had a difficult customer. Were you able to resolve their problem or did they leave upset?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the pay was above my expectations.

Junior Stylist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at David's Bridal in January 2015.

Completed an online application via Indeed.com. Received a phone call for an interview approximately one week later The interview was a group interview, conducted by the store manager. It was simple and straight forward. Emphasis was placed on ones ability to "shine", and provide a distinguished experience to potential David's Bridal clientele.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you feel we should hire you?   View Answer

Stylist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at David's Bridal.

Online application, called to do an in-store interview the same week, hired the same day. Basic interviewing process. Questions about why I applied, where have I worked before, what I liked/disliked about my last job, why I want to work with them

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on base-pay, just a promise that commission will be easy and good. Advice to others: If possible ask a current employee if the location does well in sales and if commission is actually attainable. Do your research.

Seasonal Junior Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at David's Bridal.

Completed an application online and was called the next day to set up an interview. When I walked in it did seem like they could use some extra hands, manager was balancing the phone, customers and other employees while trying to get my stuff together for the interview. She didn't seem very prepared for the interview but she seems like a busy woman and was nice.

Interview Questions
    • A time when you have had a goal for things to sell, can be difficult if you have never worked in sales   Answer Question

My availability would not meet what they needed

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at David's Bridal in December 2014.

I applied online for sales consultant and got a call just a few days later. I went in for the interview and talked to the manager for almost an hour. I had never worked in sales before, so she was giving me a lot of information about the job and tips on how to make sales. She discussed that sales consultants make $7.50 base pay and then commission on anything over $140 an hour. It sounded a little scary to me...especially since I have never done sales. She also mentioned that she had a position for a customer service representative and I told her I was more interested in that. She then went and got the other manager who asked me questions regarding given scenarios like "What would you do if 5 groups walked in the door at the same time?" And "What if you called a consultant to help a customer and they said 'I'm too busy, I can't help them.'" After a few questions and a conversation about the job she offered it to me on the spot. So far I haven't been asked to take a drug test or get a background check or anything.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a customer who is upset about their experience at our store?   Answer Question

Junior Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at David's Bridal in December 2014.

The interview process was very strange. I was set up in a group interview in the middle of the store. 2nd interview consisted of a job offer, in the middle of the store. We were asked if we needed any weekends off in the next few months because they were going to need us for them all. I let them know that I needed one off and that was it; I would be free the remainder of the time. There was absolutely no formal computer training whatsoever. In addition to that, there also wasn't very much on floor training.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked in the group interview to "sell our outfit." Some of the interviewees totally screwed it up.   Answer Question