David's Bridal

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at David's Bridal in December 2014.

I applied online for sales consultant and got a call just a few days later. I went in for the interview and talked to the manager for almost an hour. I had never worked in sales before, so she was giving me a lot of information about the job and tips on how to make sales. She discussed that sales consultants make $7.50 base pay and then commission on anything over $140 an hour. It sounded a little scary to me...especially since I have never done sales. She also mentioned that she had a position for a customer service representative and I told her I was more interested in that. She then went and got the other manager who asked me questions regarding given scenarios like "What would you do if 5 groups walked in the door at the same time?" And "What if you called a consultant to help a customer and they said 'I'm too busy, I can't help them.'" After a few questions and a conversation about the job she offered it to me on the spot. So far I haven't been asked to take a drug test or get a background check or anything.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a customer who is upset about their experience at our store?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at David's Bridal.

Very simple interview process. Applied, then two weeks later got called in for the interview and then a week later I had the second interview and I was working there a day later. Interview questions were standard and easy. You should know a little bit about the bridal business if you wish to apply, it helps out greatly.

Wedding Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at David's Bridal.

I applied for a job on Monday and received a call the next day. Very fast to call and scheduled a group interview. They were looking for 5-8 people to get ready for their bridal rush (Jan-Mar). They were short staffed that day and the assistant manager was quick to say how frustrated she was by people not showing up to work.There were 2 other people that I was interviewing with. I Have never had a group interview before and was very nervous. We all meet with the assistant manager who was very nice. She told us a lot about the company and walked us thru the typical day.First interview went great and was told I'd be called that day to schedule a second interview which I was not. I was called the day after from the manager but she could only meet on a Tuesday and since I'm already working another job I couldn't go. I was put on hold for 15 minutes and had to tell several people that I was returning the managers called when I was trying to schedule the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were fairly standard interview questions. Give a situation were a customer was unhappy and you helped them. Also had to sell our outfit. We all went around the room and tried to sell our outfits to each other. I was pretty uncomfortable having never done that before.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Interview was very simple and typical. My first interview was a group interview and we interviewed with the two assistant managers. I got called back for a second interview with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • For me, this was not a difficult question but I believe the other girls' answers are what knocked them out of the running: "Why do you want to work for David's Bridal?" Their answers included "Because I loved planning my own wedding", "I enjoyed helping a friend with her wedding", "I have a lot of ideas about how someone can plan their wedding"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinole, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinole, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at David's Bridal in November 2014.

Applied online, got a phone call a week later asking me to come in for a interview. It was just me and another girl, the interview lasted about an hour with the assistant manager asking us questions back and forth. He let us know this was the slow season so we wouldn't get a lot of hours now. Also that you have to at least sell over $146 an hour. I got a good idea of what it would be like working in a bridal store. After the interview he let us know that the manager will be back in the following week and that would we get a call when she returns for a 2nd interview. After everything is said and done I'm happy I didn't get a call for the 2nd interview. I don't want to be fighting over customers and trying to force dresses down brides throats so I can make my sells goal.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it. The other girl had no work experience so he asked her to sell her outfit   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at David's Bridal.

online application and then called by the DSM. One on one interview with the DSM went well. He was very professional and thorough. He emailed and even texted me constantly throughout the process to keep me updated.

Next interview over the phone with a recruiter, which I thought was an odd second step. She was very funny and also asked good questions.

Third interview over the phone with regional manager. She was more direct and the interview was more focused on feeling me out. Shorter than the other ones.

The regional wanted me to phone interview a current SM in the company so I could feel out the position to make sure it would be a good fit.

Overall the process was shockingly and perhaps unnecessarily extended. 4 different kinds of interviews to be an Assistant Manager. Regardless, everyone was great and very pleasant and the entire process took less than a week. I ultimately decided on a different job based on my location but this was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think it will be difficult to learn the bridal industry?   Answer Question

At that point I had another job in an elevated position that was a better fit for me.

Seamstress Interview

I applied online – interviewed at David's Bridal.

they asked the normal questions
    why you choose this company?
    how you solve the problem?
    how you like to help the customers?
    what you want to say about your self and how you describe yourself?

Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at David's Bridal in October 2014.

I started out by applying online and about 2 weeks later received a call from the manager for a group interview in 4 days. I did a lot of research about bridal styles and fits to prepare for the interview, which I ended up not needing but still recommend. I also looked at the stores reviews on yelp and Google, which turned out very beneficial because its good to bring up certain trends in their reviews on customer service.
    During the group interview there were 2 other girls and the manager gave us a lot of information on the atmosphere and demands of the job. She went through and asked all of us the same questions (listed below). She liked all of us and set up second interviews for all a few days later but ended up calling me a couple hours after to offer me the job instead of coming in again.
    Their dress code is solid black shirt or pants with a neutral top and it mustn't show shoulder. Also no sandals that go between the toe, though it's not necessary to dress to code for the interview, just business professional.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a current job?
      What hours are you looking for?
      What do you think would be the hardest part of working at david's bridal?
      What is the best part of working in customer service?

Answer Question
    No negotiation, you make a base hourly pay plus either an individual commission or a store based commission depending on the store you are interested in.

Seamstress Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at David's Bridal.

Went in as a client. Talked to associate and asked if they were hiring. Applied on line. Received a call for interview. Has interview. Was called for 2nd interview.

Wedding Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at David's Bridal.

I applied online and got a call within a few weeks. I was asked to come in for group interview, which made me think this was going to be a group of about 20 or so people. Wrong. Only one other lady showed up and she wasn't even applying for the same position. They asked us both the same questions. Fairly easy, but the interview lasted two hours, with us getting out at around 6- just in time for rush hour traffic! I would like to think that maybe they wanted to prepare us for what the drive would be like, but I never got out at 6 once I was hired, so it was more annoying than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, they were all really standard interview questions.   Answer Question
    This delayed my hiring for nearly a month- they couldn't figure out which location to place me at.