David's Bridal

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wedding Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at David's Bridal.

Interview Details – Easy relaxed have good communication and eye contact they are looking for sales people

Interview Question – I wasn't expecting to have to try and sell the clothes I was wearing to the interview but it was a new and fun experience.   Answer Question

Wedding Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at David's Bridal in November 2013.

Interview Details – They had me came in for a group interview first. This was more like an introduction to the company. Then I had to come in a second time for the actual interview; this was an inefficient use of time. The interviewer seemed really distant and not totally interested in what I had to say in response to her questions. David's Bridal never called me back to tell me whether or not I got the job. Of course, I could have called them back, but after two weeks, I assumed I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at David's Bridal?   Answer Question

York, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at David's Bridal.

Interview Details – I first walked in and asked to browse the store because I had a family friend who was getting married in the next year and a cousin who was planning on renewing her vows. While browsing, I spoke with (who I did not know at the time to be) the store manager about how I would love to work with brides and helping them style their wedding look and plan their wedding. I asked about employment and was given an application that I filled out in front of the manager. While filling out the application she asked me a little bit about where I lived and my previous experience and availability. She allowed me to skip some of the required areas on the application and then scheduled a "follow-up" appointment with her 2 days from then.

For the follow-up, I went in dressed professionally and as expected, it was the interview. She asked normal retail interview questions like, "why bridal?" and "why retail?" My favorite was when she asked me to stand up and sell the outfit I was wearing. It was a simple black blouse and gray slacks with black heels but as soon as I had finished "selling it" she told me that she would "buy it" and hired me on the spot. She then scheduled my week to come in for boring training videos and basic employment paperwork.

Interview Question – "Stand up and sell me the outfit you are wearing right now."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. As a sales associate (Wedding Consultant or Dress Specialist) the base pay is 7.50. There is a commission structure but they do not share that with you until after you have been there a few days. They only tell you that it is "up to" an 8% commission and there are bonuses for selling certain items as well as bringing in another employee.
The TRUTH: the more hours you work, the more it works against your commission. There are levels of commission. Your amount sold divided by your hours worked = the level of commission you made at the end of the week. What they don't tell you is that you can sell over $20,000 of products and still not make a commission! The first commission bracket is 0.5%. Some consultants (especially those who did mostly closing shifts) would clock out early so that the time it took to clean the store did not decrease their commission.

Very Easy Interview

Wedding Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at David's Bridal.

Interview Details – Initial communication was not up to par. I had to call repeatedly to even follow up on my application. Finally the store manager called me and scheduled interview. Day of interview, basic questions as it relates to customer service and client services. Hired same day. Training was scheduled a couple days after, training was brief and now Im on the floor.

Negotiation Details – Easy

Wedding Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at David's Bridal.

Interview Details – This wouldn't have been my main job - I applied because I love wedding dresses and I could use some extra spending cash. I saw the ad online for a part-time wedding consultant, and I went into the store to fill out an application. Within two days, I was contacted by the store manager to come in for an in-person interview. The interview was very easy. Just general questions like "tell me about yourself" etc. I thought it went well. Every potential applicant has to have a follow-up phone interview with the district manager. Mine was scheduled for a week later. This is where it went downhill. I could tell right away that the DM didn't want me - she kept pointing out how she doubted I would succeed (I have succeeded in previous sales jobs) due to the fact that it seems like I "wouldn't want to grow with the company." It was really discouraging, and she didn't really listen when I told her what I am willing to offer. I would be more than willing to meet the sales goals, and I am always dedicated to any position I may have. The store manager called me a couple days later to tell me they chose someone else. I actually breathed a sigh of relief because, although the managers and consultants at that location seemed lovely, I don't think I would work well under a DM like that.

Interview Question – All pretty easy   Answer Question

Wedding Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at David's Bridal in May 2012.

Interview Details – My friend worked there and recommended me. I went into the store, turned in an application, and the store manager happened to be there at the time. She took me into the back, liked me, then had the regional manager call me. After that, hired!

Interview Question – It was more of talking to the Regional Manager on the phone. She asked the standard, Why do you want to work here? question.   View Answer

Interviewed at David's Bridal

Interview Details – Group interviewing happens often, also one on one with each manager.

Interview Question – sell me your outfit?   Answer Question

Fairview Heights, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at David's Bridal.

Interview Details – Process is different depending on your experience. If you have bridal experience you are called in for a private interview where i assume they ask you about your bridal experience ect. If you have no experience which is the norm you are called in for a group interview which sometimes they tell you its a group interview and sometimes dont. This interview will consist of sales, personality, background questions. If you have a spunky personality and and can talk to strangers like they are your best friend then you are in.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult. Normal questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations Min wage

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at David's Bridal.

Interview Details – I applied after looking at their website. They use CareerBuilder.com so I sent my resume online. I got a call literally two days after I sent in my resume. I interviewed with the assistant manager. I then got a second interview with the general manager. My third interview was also when I got hired. The assistant manager called all of my references before she hired me and waited for my background check to clear before she hired me also.

Interview Question – "Sell me the shoes I'm wearing now."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they only offer a base pay (which is the same for everyone) and the commission rate.

Vista, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at David's Bridal in October 2012.

Interview Details – Turned in application. Received call about 1 week later for in store interview. I was interviewed by 2 store managers on a Friday. Was told that the DM would do a phone interview with me in a few days. Never got that call, but the store manager called me the next day stating that they wanted to hire me. I accepted the position. They obviously want you to be really good at sales. You need to be able to ask your customer for the sale. It is different than regular retail sales. You must know more and know your product. I have enjoyed it so far. I have a great store environment. Though I have been told that there is a high turnover.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Worked for David's Bridal? Contribute to the Community!