David's Bridal

2.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at David's Bridal.

I applied for a job on Monday and received a call the next day. Very fast to call and scheduled a group interview. They were looking for 5-8 people to get ready for their bridal rush (Jan-Mar). They were short staffed that day and the assistant manager was quick to say how frustrated she was by people not showing up to work.There were 2 other people that I was interviewing with. I Have never had a group interview before and was very nervous. We all meet with the assistant manager who was very nice. She told us a lot about the company and walked us thru the typical day.First interview went great and was told I'd be called that day to schedule a second interview which I was not. I was called the day after from the manager but she could only meet on a Tuesday and since I'm already working another job I couldn't go. I was put on hold for 15 minutes and had to tell several people that I was returning the managers called when I was trying to schedule the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions were fairly standard interview questions. Give a situation were a customer was unhappy and you helped them. Also had to sell our outfit. We all went around the room and tried to sell our outfits to each other. I was pretty uncomfortable having never done that before.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for David's Bridal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at David's Bridal.

I applied online and got a call within a few weeks. I was asked to come in for group interview, which made me think this was going to be a group of about 20 or so people. Wrong. Only one other lady showed up and she wasn't even applying for the same position. They asked us both the same questions. Fairly easy, but the interview lasted two hours, with us getting out at around 6- just in time for rush hour traffic! I would like to think that maybe they wanted to prepare us for what the drive would be like, but I never got out at 6 once I was hired, so it was more annoying than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, they were all really standard interview questions.   Answer Question
    This delayed my hiring for nearly a month- they couldn't figure out which location to place me at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at David's Bridal.

The system is very strange. I got a series of emails that went straight to my spam folder, followed by a phone call. The interview was basically my manager telling me about David's Bridal, followed by a couple customer service related questions. It lasted about 15 minutes. Then, she called one of my references and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my schedule around other life events.

Wedding Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at David's Bridal.

Easy relaxed have good communication and eye contact they are looking for sales people

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting to have to try and sell the clothes I was wearing to the interview but it was a new and fun experience.   Answer Question

Wedding Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at David's Bridal in November 2013.

They had me came in for a group interview first. This was more like an introduction to the company. Then I had to come in a second time for the actual interview; this was an inefficient use of time. The interviewer seemed really distant and not totally interested in what I had to say in response to her questions. David's Bridal never called me back to tell me whether or not I got the job. Of course, I could have called them back, but after two weeks, I assumed I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at David's Bridal.

I first walked in and asked to browse the store because I had a family friend who was getting married in the next year and a cousin who was planning on renewing her vows. While browsing, I spoke with (who I did not know at the time to be) the store manager about how I would love to work with brides and helping them style their wedding look and plan their wedding. I asked about employment and was given an application that I filled out in front of the manager. While filling out the application she asked me a little bit about where I lived and my previous experience and availability. She allowed me to skip some of the required areas on the application and then scheduled a "follow-up" appointment with her 2 days from then.

For the follow-up, I went in dressed professionally and as expected, it was the interview. She asked normal retail interview questions like, "why bridal?" and "why retail?" My favorite was when she asked me to stand up and sell the outfit I was wearing. It was a simple black blouse and gray slacks with black heels but as soon as I had finished "selling it" she told me that she would "buy it" and hired me on the spot. She then scheduled my week to come in for boring training videos and basic employment paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • "Stand up and sell me the outfit you are wearing right now."   Answer Question
    No negotiation. As a sales associate (Wedding Consultant or Dress Specialist) the base pay is 7.50. There is a commission structure but they do not share that with you until after you have been there a few days. They only tell you that it is "up to" an 8% commission and there are bonuses for selling certain items as well as bringing in another employee.
    The TRUTH: the more hours you work, the more it works against your commission. There are levels of commission. Your amount sold divided by your hours worked = the level of commission you made at the end of the week. What they don't tell you is that you can sell over $20,000 of products and still not make a commission! The first commission bracket is 0.5%. Some consultants (especially those who did mostly closing shifts) would clock out early so that the time it took to clean the store did not decrease their commission.

Wedding Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at David's Bridal.

Initial communication was not up to par. I had to call repeatedly to even follow up on my application. Finally the store manager called me and scheduled interview. Day of interview, basic questions as it relates to customer service and client services. Hired same day. Training was scheduled a couple days after, training was brief and now Im on the floor.

Wedding Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at David's Bridal.

This wouldn't have been my main job - I applied because I love wedding dresses and I could use some extra spending cash. I saw the ad online for a part-time wedding consultant, and I went into the store to fill out an application. Within two days, I was contacted by the store manager to come in for an in-person interview. The interview was very easy. Just general questions like "tell me about yourself" etc. I thought it went well. Every potential applicant has to have a follow-up phone interview with the district manager. Mine was scheduled for a week later. This is where it went downhill. I could tell right away that the DM didn't want me - she kept pointing out how she doubted I would succeed (I have succeeded in previous sales jobs) due to the fact that it seems like I "wouldn't want to grow with the company." It was really discouraging, and she didn't really listen when I told her what I am willing to offer. I would be more than willing to meet the sales goals, and I am always dedicated to any position I may have. The store manager called me a couple days later to tell me they chose someone else. I actually breathed a sigh of relief because, although the managers and consultants at that location seemed lovely, I don't think I would work well under a DM like that.

Wedding Consultant Interview

Group interviewing happens often, also one on one with each manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at David's Bridal.

Process is different depending on your experience. If you have bridal experience you are called in for a private interview where i assume they ask you about your bridal experience ect. If you have no experience which is the norm you are called in for a group interview which sometimes they tell you its a group interview and sometimes dont. This interview will consist of sales, personality, background questions. If you have a spunky personality and and can talk to strangers like they are your best friend then you are in.

No negotiations Min wage