Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Davidson Hotels & Resorts.

Interview Details – 2 or 3 step process depending

Banquet Manager Interview

Banquet Manager
Palm Springs, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Davidson Hotels & Resorts in March 2011.

Interview Details – One interview. Person conducting the interview was unprepared and very misleading regarding compensation, expectations, responsibilities and duties

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I had to accept what they offered or decline the job.

Revenue Manager Interview

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Davidson Hotels & Resorts in January 2010.

Interview Details – They have you meet with three people. The mention a lot about how hard it was to work for the owners of the company. Which could single a bad culture. Everyone however that was working and I did meet with seem to have lot of experience in the hospitality industry.

Interview Question – How do you use the Star Report   View Answer

Assistant Executive Housekeeper Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Davidson Hotels & Resorts in September 2010.

Interview Details – I initially contacted Davidson using a job search website and received a phone call two or three days later. I then met with the executive housekeeper, who basically wanted to see if I was a hard worker and that I also had a personality that would work well with him/her. Then, two days later, I met with the executive housekeeper, general manager and a few other people in the general manager's office for the second and final interview.

I believe that I received the job because I dressed nice (suit), showed a willingness to work 50-60 hours per week and was able to smoothly answer all questions that I was asked. Previous leadership experience was also a bonus. None of the questions were out of the ordinary,, and mainly consisted of "what do you consider to be your biggest weakness, why do you want to work in the hotel industry, where do you see yourself in ten years?" type questions. Basically, it seemed like the people who interviewed me followed a vanilla formula and did not deviate from tried and true questions.

Interview Question – What are your biggest weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place and I did not feel like there was room to negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Davidson Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Davidson Hotels & Resorts – Why Work for Us?

ABOUT DAVIDSON 40 YEARS OF VALUE CREATION:BUILDING ON THE SUCCESS OF OUR PAST WITH YOUR FUTURE IN MIND At Davidson Hotels & Resorts our goal has always been to be the best, not the biggest. For over 40 years we’ve… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Davidson Hotels & Resorts interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Davidson Hotels & Resorts employees and interview candidates.