Davidson Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2015

2.8

Night Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Davidson Hotels & Resorts (Whippany, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview went well for the most part. Interviewer was pleasant,courteous and explain the job very well. I also met two other people from accounting they also asked me more about Night Auditing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the current system for the Night Audit they are using. That threw me off.   Answer Question

Assistant Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Davidson Hotels & Resorts (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I sat with the Director of HR, the AGM, and the GM. During the process you will be asked about your job history and you will be asked standard questions about why you left. You will than take a personality test that will score you based on someone that they feel fits the personality of that role. If you wow them during the interview and your referrals are good the score shouldn't matter. You will not see what you score most likely either.

Interview Questions

• A story where I created a WOW type experience for a guest.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Davidson Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

2 or 3 step process depending

Banquet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Davidson Hotels & Resorts (Palm Springs, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

One interview. Person conducting the interview was unprepared and very misleading regarding compensation, expectations, responsibilities and duties

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I had to accept what they offered or decline the job.

Revenue Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Davidson Hotels & Resorts (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

They have you meet with three people. The mention a lot about how hard it was to work for the owners of the company. Which could single a bad culture. Everyone however that was working and I did meet with seem to have lot of experience in the hospitality industry.

Interview Questions

• How do you use the Star Report   1 Answer

Assistant Executive Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Davidson Hotels & Resorts in September 2010.

Interview

I initially contacted Davidson using a job search website and received a phone call two or three days later. I then met with the executive housekeeper, who basically wanted to see if I was a hard worker and that I also had a personality that would work well with him/her. Then, two days later, I met with the executive housekeeper, general manager and a few other people in the general manager's office for the second and final interview. I believe that I received the job because I dressed nice (suit), showed a willingness to work 50-60 hours per week and was able to smoothly answer all questions that I was asked. Previous leadership experience was also a bonus. None of the questions were out of the ordinary,, and mainly consisted of "what do you consider to be your biggest weakness, why do you want to work in the hotel industry, where do you see yourself in ten years?" type questions. Basically, it seemed like the people who interviewed me followed a vanilla formula and did not deviate from tried and true questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation took place and I did not feel like there was room to negotiate.