Davis Polk

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.6

Senior Associate Interview

During callbacks you'll meet with 5 people. If anyone of them don't like you, you're out. Most will ask you questions about things on your resume they find interesting. You need to show you enjoy a good intellectual challenge.

Sumer Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Davis Polk.

I sent in my resume and cover letter to HR and was contacted to set up an in-person interview. I went in and met with two HR managers, lasting a total of 30 minutes. I then met with another HR woman for about 15 minutes. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard. Why Davis Polk? Why the law? What are your long-term goals?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Davis Polk in January 2012.

Three hour interview process with very lengthy testing.

Interview Questions
    • The testing process was very unusual and difficult. The recruiter told me that very few people passed. However, the interview itself was really easy.   Answer Question
    It was through a recruiter so really not much happened.

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Davis Polk in January 2012.

Emailed my resume and cover letter to the head of paralegals. He called the next day to schedule an interview. Met with the legal assistant coordinator and the heads of several departments. All were obviously rushed and said very canned things like "we are all nice to each other, there is no screaming as legal assistants here".

Interview Questions
    • One of the department heads gave a 5 minute very technical and complicated explanation of what he does and then asked me to explain it back to him.   Answer Question

Litigation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Davis Polk in March 2010.

After contacting the hiring managers, I met with them for a couple of different groups within DPW. After that, I was called back a week or so later and spoke to 3-5 different associates for 3 different groups. Everyone was very pleasant and asked good questions. I really did love the people and the place.

Interview Questions

Another company offered me more

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Davis Polk in January 2010.

First there is an on-campus interview. If you get a call-back you spend half a day at the firm interviewing one on one with four or five lawyers. In about a week you hear back whether you got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do differently if you could, in your past?   Answer Question

Computer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newry, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newry, PA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Davis Polk in June 2008.

Was very easy. I was set up via recruiter who pretty much gave me in's and outs of the firm. I interviewed with 3 different managers along with a 3 team members. I also had a technical interview which was pretty basic.

Document Clerk Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Davis Polk.

I found out about the position through my college's Career Services website and they only asked for a resume in order to apply. The interview itself was quick and easy, was mainly asked about my resume and interests by a panel of 3 interviewers! I was called a week later and offered the position!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation but generous compensation for an internship.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Davis Polk.

Polite but a little snooty. Very white shoe. Required permission to check credit rate before even starting the interview. The people clearly think highly of themselves (and likely for good reason given prestige of the firm). Did a good job rotating me through people of different levels and specialties. Overall a good place just not the right place for me.

Document Clerk Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Davis Polk in December 2009.

Submitted resume and cover letter. Then went into the office for an interview. Was a basic fit based interview. We walked through my resume and they asked me why I wanted to work there. Know your resume cold.

Interview Questions
    • Why Would you like to work at Davis Polk?   View Answer