Davis Polk Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.8

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted resume, CL, transcript through university website. Contacted by Legal Assistant Coordinator shortly after. Went to office in Manhattan to meet with different division heads and some current legal assistants. Invited to come back and interview with attorneys, partners, and more legal assistants of the divisions that had openings. Contacted within 2-3 days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your interest in the law? Why Davis Polk? Attention to detail?   Answer Question

Sumer Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY).

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter to HR and was contacted to set up an in-person interview. I went in and met with two HR managers, lasting a total of 30 minutes. I then met with another HR woman for about 15 minutes. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Why Davis Polk? Why the law? What are your long-term goals?   Answer Question

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Emailed my resume and cover letter to the head of paralegals. He called the next day to schedule an interview. Met with the legal assistant coordinator and the heads of several departments. All were obviously rushed and said very canned things like "we are all nice to each other, there is no screaming as legal assistants here".

Interview Questions

• One of the department heads gave a 5 minute very technical and complicated explanation of what he does and then asked me to explain it back to him.   Answer Question

Litigation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

After contacting the hiring managers, I met with them for a couple of different groups within DPW. After that, I was called back a week or so later and spoke to 3-5 different associates for 3 different groups. Everyone was very pleasant and asked good questions. I really did love the people and the place.

Interview Questions

Another company offered me more

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

First there is an on-campus interview. If you get a call-back you spend half a day at the firm interviewing one on one with four or five lawyers. In about a week you hear back whether you got an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently if you could, in your past?   Answer Question