Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Davis VisionMore
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Davis Vision (Latham, NY).
Initial phone screen was 15 minutes. I was called on-site after that. They gave me a brief tour of IT department. All the people were nice. Interview had 4 rounds which included a technical round - I had to write couple of methods.The interview questions seemed to be taken from some website. I had a positive experience overall.
- All questions were reasonable Answer Question
Wasnt able to negotiate.
Helpful (1)Accepted Offer
Initial phone screen lasted about 45 minutes. On-site interview with manager and members of the team followed about a week later. Questions were fair, mostly open-ended. Everyone was very friendly. Included a brief tour of the IT area.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ months – interviewed at Davis Vision (San Antonio, TX) in December 2012.
Interview process ongoing for months which required air travel, hotel and rental car (and no reimbursement offered) on multiple occasions meeting officers at corporate headquarters. Dialogue continues with HR but neither an offer nor rejection only "we are still very interested". Each person I interviewed with provided a very different description of the role/responsibilities/organization mapping. Since moving the headquarters they have had to hire all new employees and management. Still working to develop processes and make necessary organizational changes. Am pursuing opportunities elsewhere.
- Two surprising statements were made during my interview process: 1) Comment by interviewer that he/she hasn't decided whether to stay or leave. 2) Only a handful of employees stayed with company when it moved headquarters. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Davis Vision (Latham, NY) in October 2012.
interview with the HR worker, then with the CSR Manager. They want to know you have good communication skills and listening skills, and can do minor problem solving.
- Do you have a plan? A five year or Ten year goal? 1 Answer
There was no negotiation, the Union sets the terms and you can take it or leave it.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review