Davol

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Undisclosed Interview

Warwick, RI

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Davol.

Interview Details – Interview Details – Worked with recruiter with openings at 3 different companies. After describing what I was looking for, thought Davol would be a good fit. One day after recruiter provided resume to HR, Davol requested phone interview. Spoke with hiring manager the following day and by end of week, onsite interview was scheduled two weeks out. All in all, the initial interview process went rather quick.

The onsite was a different story. Began at 9am and ended at 4:30pm (1 hour past schedule). Interviewed with 7 different people in various departments. Working lunch with hiring manager, back to back interviews using a schedule that provided no consideration for quick breather or 10-15 minute restroom break(s). Overall, it was a rather long and draining experience.

Received and accepted offer 1 week later. This was followed by HR who performed a handful of verification activities including reference checks, background check, credit history, and drug screening. Everything went through smoothly as expected and then began my new job at Davol.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were unable to resolve an agreement with a team member and what was the final result?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary range was laid out upfront by recruiter. Negotiation topics included relocation assistance, sign-on bonus and vacation time.

Marketing Interview

Warwick, RI

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Davol in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with the hiring manager and then they flew me in for a day of 6 face-to-face interviews with the marketing team. The corporate culture here is uptight and stressful. They seemed like they were running so lean that the team had to put in long hours. The hiring manager was rude and abrupt which also tells me that she does not enjoy working there. ( I always see this as a sign as to how they will treat me once I come on board). Although their facilities are brand new they lack some of modern amenities such as a gym or shower facilities. People commute from Providence, Boston and Newport. The surrounding area is nice but the town of Warwick is not a place you would want to live in. The salary range for their marketing jobs are below the industry standard. Ask yourself this one question "Can I deal with a high stress, low reward, bureaucratic corporate culture?" These employees did not seem happy. Not a match for me.

Interview Questions

• What is the next technology trend that you feel our company should consider investing to expand our market presence? Gain a competitive edge.   View Answer
  • What is your knowledge of financial forecasting and sensitivity models?   View Answer

Co-op Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Davol in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position via school career web site. Few months later, the secretary at the office emailed me for a phone interview. And I googled the company and read about the culture and products.

Interview Question – Describe about a time when you had conflict with people and how would you resolve it?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Davol in February 2011.

Interview Details – They were very cocky.

Interview Question – Why do you think you're a good fit for this company?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Davol? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Davol interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Davol employees and interview candidates.