Day Translations Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.8

Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Day Translations (Honolulu, HI) in February 2014.

Interview

II answered an Internet posting ad; was contacted within an hour. Filled in an application online and submitted a written and voice translation. They gave me enough time to reply to the questions and requirements needed. I was personally contacted by phone as well as a backup email. Staff were very polite and helpful. I was amazed at how personable they were with online applicants they are not talking to face to face. Prompt replies.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of my interview was submitting a voice recording of a translation piece; this was due to not having to do it before. It went smoothly and the staff put me at ease in regards to some technical difficulties I encountered.   Answer Question

Freelance Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Day Translations (Orlando, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

ENGLISH-SPANISH FACE TO FACE INTERPRETER, provide verbatim interpretations for Day Translations Inc. clients. Voice test as well written test. Using SKYPE there is an interview process that it is a test involving phone system, skype and slide show about the Ethics of the Job, Company and field.

Interview Questions

• How long i have worked in this field   1 Answer

Translator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Day Translations (Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina)).

Interview

The Interview Process was carried out online. I applied and the company answered in a very short period presenting me with the terms and conditions. I did a small skill test and passed it. Then we arranged the rates for translation and I started receiving projects soon after it. It wasn't difficult and now we have a cooperation for over a year.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous translation experience   1 Answer

Translator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riga (Latvia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Day Translations (Riga (Latvia)) in June 2015.

Interview

there were questions about translation errors and needed to read many .pdf and other files regarding the organization and get to understand all the formalities. After the evaluation, the documents were signed and sent and later on all that was needed to be done was to wait for some work. It came already the next day.

Interview Questions

• My rate, language combination, availability   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything was easily agreed on.

SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medellín, Antioquia (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Day Translations (Medellín, Antioquia (Colombia)) in April 2015.

Interview

I had to pass a knowledge test, then an interview with the owner and the area manager. Then I had to present them a work plan. The interview process could be long, because they care about who they hire. It is not easy, but it's definitely worth it. I'm really glad I passed.

Self-Employed Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples (Italy)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Day Translations (Naples (Italy)) in May 2014.

Interview

This questionnaire is appalling. I dared to submit a review as a free-lance interpreter who had a positive experience with Day Translation, but did not think that I had to go through such a silly machine-based questionnaire which does not accept any answer other than the pre-determined ones!

Freelance Translator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Day Translations (Milan (Italy)) in April 2014.

Interview

Translation test. You have to translate and editing about 300 words of a Day Translations rules document. Application online. You have no deadline to complete the document. It is important that you have to give back this excactly how they gave you it. Same editing.

SEO Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Day Translations.

Interview

Detailed skill and personality check. Several conversations. They're highly selective but it is worth it as the calibre of team is very high. Good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of 3 websites that you would search for as a linking partner with daytranslations.com   Answer Question

Translator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Day Translations (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I responded to an online ad for the position. The position is freelance and there was no direct interview, only a selection based on CV and information I had to complete, references I had to provide. Most of the job conditions were already mentioned in the job offer, so I didn't negotiate much.

Negotiation

My rates were already specified in the job offer so I didn't get to negotiate much.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Day Translations (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

I went through following steps during the interview/Technical test Communication Skills Assessment Interview Final Selection It was a friendly interview with stress on tech skills, com skills and past work. Would be easy for an experienced candidate

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an ongoing issue/challenge?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Straight