DayNine Consulting

DayNine Consulting Integration Consultant Interview Questions

2.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DayNine Consulting.

A DayNine talent acquisition guy contacted me through LinkedIn a year back to check if I was interested in applying with them. He mentioned that my profile was a good fit for a couple of different positions with DayNine. At that time I couldn't apply and told him so.

Now a year later, I was finally able to apply and contacted the same person to know if he was still interested in considering me. His response was quick, and he asked for my resume so he could start the interview process. I wasn't completely in to the Integration Consultant position since it involved 25 - 50% travel, but I decided to go ahead with the interview nonetheless.

After playing tag for a week he finally called me for the initial screening. He completely ignored my availability that I mentioned in my email to him and called me when I was busy with some important work. I still took the call and spoke with him for 20 minutes. The initial screening went well and he sent me the links to the online assessment tests the same day.

I completed the tests the next day and waited for his response. I contacted him myself and got a response a week later that he did get my test scores and wanted to move ahead with the interview process. The next step was to meet with him face to face the following week. I told him I was open to come meet him any day. He disappeared for the next 2 weeks and after a voicemail from me contacted me saying there was some unexpected travel at the office and asked if I was potentially available the next week. I replied positively and that was the end of it! No reply or any kind of response from him whatsoever!

I thought they were interested in talking with me further because he mentioned it himself and also seemed very excited while speaking with me. Regardless of what happened internally, I at least expect a note saying we are no longer interested or will not be able to proceed right now. That's basic decency and professionalism one would expect from a company like DayNine, especially after wasting one and a half month of my time.

Interview Questions
  • During the initial screening, the recruiter simply went through my resume to make sure I was a good fit for the role. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DayNine Consulting

Integration Consultant Interview

I submitted my resume via university career fair and I got contacted by a recruiter. At that time, I got an offer from another software company but I was still interested in this position so I decided to go on. The recruiter asked me some normal questions and when he found i was an International student, he became really rude and hang up quickly even if I was asking questions. And then I found those negative experience on Glassdoor. I think they are right, I could not see any outlook of this company.

Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DayNine Consulting in October 2013.

DayNine recruiter contracted me a number of times and said they were very interested in my skills and employment history. I was not interested in consulting and stated as much in email response. Was still encouraged to follow through with a phone screening interview which went well.
     Was asked to take a few on-line assessment tests and didn't hear back (other than a standard brushoff form letter).

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to take a timed assessment tests. I was put off and didn't care all that much about the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting.

As others noted earlier, its a combination of tests, Skype calls and a final panel interview. My interview process went flawlessly till the panel interview. Thats when everything started going south.

Interview Questions
    • The tone of some of the leadership on the panel was not very inviting. Almost felt like they wanted me to crack under pressure.
      I have never gone through an interview process that was so disorganized. Could easily make out that some of the panelists would rather do something else or just multitask

Answer Question

Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DayNine Consulting in May 2013.

I had applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter quickly after that. The next steps involved a personality index test and an aptitude test to determine my suitability for the process.

4 more face to face interviews followed, the 1st with a recruiter, the other with a senior integration consultant( a technical screen), another with a Regional Director and finally a panel interview with the leadership team that had a presentation requirement

Interview Questions
    • No particular question stood out as the most difficult.   Answer Question
    An offer was made and I communicated my discontent. It was increased.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting in April 2013.

I was initially contacted by the local recruiter. We had a brief discussion about what the company did and what I was looking for. It was very casual, no real interview type questions. We agreed it would be a good fit and scheduled another 1:1 phone interview. That started to dig into more work experience type of questions and lasted maybe an hour. After that I was asked to take a personality test(super easy, if you have one!) and a timed IQ/SAT type of test. It wasn't anything to study for, it was basic logic type of questions. You just have to be able to watch your time and move quickly. A few days later I was contacted to schedule another 1:1 phone interview with another consultant. And a few days after that I was called to schedule an in person interview with a senior client partner in the office. That went really well and I was asked to come back for a final panel presentation. This is the last interview where you are asked to give a 10 minute or less presentation to a few members of the executive board. This initially scared the crap out of me. However, after going through the other interviews and meeting some of the other people in the office, I knew this is where I wanted to be. Everyone in the panel interview was down to earth, not a 'stuffy' exec board that you would expect at larger companies. Later that evening I was contacted with a verbal offer and received a written offer Monday morning.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any questions difficult, however I was surprised by how much they genuinely seemed interested in me as a person (even outside of the office). Culture fit was a very big factor for them, and thats not really something you can prepare for. Its either there or it isn't.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was tough, I wanted to get more vacation time but they wouldn't budge on that. So I was able to increase the salary a little bit, but not much. I knew once I was in, there would be plenty of opportunities to move up, which was certainly true.

Integrations Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting in March 2013.

First was a phone interview to gauge your interests and then comes the IQ/Personality test. Next is an interview at the Office with one of their Consultants. After that, another one on one interview with a client partner.

Integration Consultant Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting in April 2012.

Started with emails with recruiter, then skype calls and personality/IQ tests, then 1:1 with a team member, then 1:1 with CEO, then a panel.

People were very receptive and I liked that there was a mix of personal fit and competence within the interview questions. It may be a little intimidating to interview in front of executives for some, but that's part of the gig!

Interview Questions
    • The IQ style test given will be a hurdle for most.   View Answer
    • The personality test is a Myers-Brigs derivative that I think we are all accustomed to by now.   View Answer
    They have very strict bands that you will need to fit into. I ended up leaving a lot of money on the table because I liked the culture and the people, and because I was promised that over time the money will adjust itself to catch up (and quickly).

Integration Consultant Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DayNine Consulting in April 2012.

Totally disorganized interview process .HR is oblivious about the company's policies . Absolutely BAD interview process which doesn't go anywhere. No point in investing any time in interviewing with this company.

Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting in March 2012.

I first met DayNine at a career fair, where the enthusiasm of the recruiter was the main drawing point. That night I was given an online IQ and personality test, which I was told I was a great fit for the company. The next week was a group information session (for 7) followed by a short interview with my future boss. Following this was an in office interview with a colleague and another skype interview with my boss. During this entire process, the recruiter was encouraging, helpful and available. Everyone at the company was welcoming and clearly passionate about their positions. The final step was a panel presentation given to senior leadership. About 30 minutes later I got a call with a preliminary offer, with the specifics following later.

What sold DayNine to me was the people, all who clearly showed integrity and loved their jobs.