DayNine Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at DayNine Consulting in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process consists of about 4 different interviews and lasts about 3-4 weeks from initial contact to final offer. The first step is being contacted by a local recruiter, basic questions, what your looking for, why you are interested in the job, expected salary, etc...Second part is a behavioral assessment along with a cognitive learning ability assessment. Just be honest on the behavioral style, either you will fit the type or not, and you do not want to be in a job where your personal traits do not align with the job requirements, the learning assessment can be challenging, but should be since you will be problem solving in the role. next is a follow up with recruiter to set up a skype (if your away from your future hub) interview. this is with a senior consultant and is more you asking questions about the job and what is expected from you. Then there is another skype or in person formal interview with a Regional Manager that is more standard interview questions. Last is the panel presentation, which i was really looking forward too, but can be intimidating if you are not prepared or nervous speaking in front of others. It can be on any topic, but if you are confident, can own the room, and make a professional presentation (you are applying for a professional consulting role after all) you will be fine, answer questions directly and honestly. Cultural fit is a big deal at DayNine, which is something that is stressed throughout the process. Long but totally worthwhile to work for a growing, exciting, and energized company with unlimited growth potential.

Interview Question – Nothing was really that difficult, i was very excited to talk to everyone that i would be working with and looking forward to the final presentation, have confidence, be yourself, and answer questions honestly and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Things are pretty much set depending on what offer they provide you, also cover relocation costs

Analyst/Associate Integration Consultation Interview

Analyst/Associate Integration Consultation
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DayNine Consulting in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was a painfully long process!

Started with a telephonic Interview from one of the HR's, Then I was asked for a PLI test which included 12 min aptitude and a behavioral test. After this the HR took more than 2 weeks just to schedule my technical round with the hiring manager. I kept on pestering her with my mails and nothing worked. Finally I told her I have an interview process with another firm and If she could move me from Dallas location to chicago where I go to school. After this things moved really quickly! The HR in chicago was really awesome he helped me on each step with details. My technical screen was scheduled with a Skype which took an Hour. It went really well. But also included behavioral questions. They really want to know who you are as a person. If you fake it they will know! Tell them your story and how you made it.

After my technical Skype round, I had an interview in person with hiring manager for an Hour who was super nice, just behavioral questions and about who you are and your personality.

Then comes the panel! You need to present on a topic of your choice. Content doesn't matter, how you present does! Be confident and you will sail through.

Interview Question – Drive the presentation.
Answer the questions in a curt manner.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation!
I had to accept what they offered.

Consultant Analyst Interview

Consultant Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DayNine Consulting.

Interview Details – Suppose to be a 4 part interview.

I received an email to take those IQ online test, after I competed that a couple days later recruit called:
1 - recruiter from West coast - call and discussed company and the position
2 - recruiter in my area - in person, discuss more in detail about my resume and experiences I have
3 - Senior level - in person, conversation like. He asked questions like whats your biggest fear? He told me they don't hire boring people because their culture is filled with exciting people
4- Skype VP - friendly, asked different questions about my school work related to consulting. Why do I want to start consulting. He said culture a huge factor in
5- presentation - i didn't make it this far because i didnt have enough experience i guess. They all loved my personality. I wish they didnt have me go through all that

Interview Question – Why do you want to consult? How do you manage your time in College?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant

Interviewed at DayNine Consulting

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Be prepared to go through many interviews.

Interview Question – Panel presentation if you get to the end.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DayNine Consulting in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by the local recruiter. We had a brief discussion about what the company did and what I was looking for. It was very casual, no real interview type questions. We agreed it would be a good fit and scheduled another 1:1 phone interview. That started to dig into more work experience type of questions and lasted maybe an hour. After that I was asked to take a personality test(super easy, if you have one!) and a timed IQ/SAT type of test. It wasn't anything to study for, it was basic logic type of questions. You just have to be able to watch your time and move quickly. A few days later I was contacted to schedule another 1:1 phone interview with another consultant. And a few days after that I was called to schedule an in person interview with a senior client partner in the office. That went really well and I was asked to come back for a final panel presentation. This is the last interview where you are asked to give a 10 minute or less presentation to a few members of the executive board. This initially scared the crap out of me. However, after going through the other interviews and meeting some of the other people in the office, I knew this is where I wanted to be. Everyone in the panel interview was down to earth, not a 'stuffy' exec board that you would expect at larger companies. Later that evening I was contacted with a verbal offer and received a written offer Monday morning.

Interview Question – I didn't find any questions difficult, however I was surprised by how much they genuinely seemed interested in me as a person (even outside of the office). Culture fit was a very big factor for them, and thats not really something you can prepare for. Its either there or it isn't.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was tough, I wanted to get more vacation time but they wouldn't budge on that. So I was able to increase the salary a little bit, but not much. I knew once I was in, there would be plenty of opportunities to move up, which was certainly true.

Integration Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DayNine Consulting in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter quickly after that. The next steps involved a personality index test and an aptitude test to determine my suitability for the process.

4 more face to face interviews followed, the 1st with a recruiter, the other with a senior integration consultant( a technical screen), another with a Regional Director and finally a panel interview with the leadership team that had a presentation requirement

Interview Question – No particular question stood out as the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer was made and I communicated my discontent. It was increased.

Consultant Executive Interview

Consultant Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DayNine Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details – in phone interview. I was contacted by a recruiter. The process he indicated required a personality and IQ test. I was not sure about this as experienced employees may not feel well about this type of testing..

Interview Question – In person and phone with testing. Was not sure about approach of interviewing..   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at DayNine Consulting

Interview Details – I submitted my resume via university career fair and I got contacted by a recruiter. At that time, I got an offer from another software company but I was still interested in this position so I decided to go on. The recruiter asked me some normal questions and when he found i was an International student, he became really rude and hang up quickly even if I was asking questions. And then I found those negative experience on Glassdoor. I think they are right, I could not see any outlook of this company.

Interview Question – i didn't see any questions so far.   Answer Question

Integration Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at DayNine Consulting.

Interview Details – A DayNine talent acquisition guy contacted me through LinkedIn a year back to check if I was interested in applying with them. He mentioned that my profile was a good fit for a couple of different positions with DayNine. At that time I couldn't apply and told him so.

Now a year later, I was finally able to apply and contacted the same person to know if he was still interested in considering me. His response was quick, and he asked for my resume so he could start the interview process. I wasn't completely in to the Integration Consultant position since it involved 25 - 50% travel, but I decided to go ahead with the interview nonetheless.

After playing tag for a week he finally called me for the initial screening. He completely ignored my availability that I mentioned in my email to him and called me when I was busy with some important work. I still took the call and spoke with him for 20 minutes. The initial screening went well and he sent me the links to the online assessment tests the same day.

I completed the tests the next day and waited for his response. I contacted him myself and got a response a week later that he did get my test scores and wanted to move ahead with the interview process. The next step was to meet with him face to face the following week. I told him I was open to come meet him any day. He disappeared for the next 2 weeks and after a voicemail from me contacted me saying there was some unexpected travel at the office and asked if I was potentially available the next week. I replied positively and that was the end of it! No reply or any kind of response from him whatsoever!

I thought they were interested in talking with me further because he mentioned it himself and also seemed very excited while speaking with me. Regardless of what happened internally, I at least expect a note saying we are no longer interested or will not be able to proceed right now. That's basic decency and professionalism one would expect from a company like DayNine, especially after wasting one and a half month of my time.

Interview Question – During the initial screening, the recruiter simply went through my resume to make sure I was a good fit for the role. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Integration Consultant

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DayNine Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – DayNine recruiter contracted me a number of times and said they were very interested in my skills and employment history. I was not interested in consulting and stated as much in email response. Was still encouraged to follow through with a phone screening interview which went well.
 Was asked to take a few on-line assessment tests and didn't hear back (other than a standard brushoff form letter).

Interview Question – Being asked to take a timed assessment tests. I was put off and didn't care all that much about the results.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at DayNine Consulting

Worked for DayNine Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DayNine Consulting interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by DayNine Consulting employees and interview candidates.