DayNine Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

3.2

HCM Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting.

Introduced to DayNine at a career fair at my university. Great initial contact with the recruiter; was told my resume was ideal for the position and that I would be getting two assessments via email the following Friday to begin the application process.

Friday came and went, no email. Called recruiter, was told I'd get them soon and that he was swamped. Friday came and went again, no email. Called Monday, left voicemail. Sent email Wednesday. Left voicemail again the following Tuesday. Called for the last time two weeks later (today) just for kicks.

They should be embarrassed by their recruiting process. The issue isn't whether I was qualified or not, but that my recruiter said one thing and never did it. Just offered a position with another company who's on their A-game. Accepted today after the recruiter didn't answer, as DayNine was originally my top choice, for a lot of reasons.

HCM Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DayNine Consulting.

Very nice recruiter - interested in hearing my story, what I wanted in a position, and what mind of company I was looking for. Explained clearly what kind of company DayNine is, what they do with WorkDay, and how the company culture works. It was a pleasant experience, and relieving to know there are some kind interviewers out there.

Interview Questions
    • Without knowing what Workday was, I was asked how I could help support the product.   View Answer

Senior Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DayNine Consulting.

The interview process took longer than average as I was wrapping up a project in my previous job which limited availability for interviews. The process was thorough and felt the questions were on point. The panel presentation was a first for me, but very welcomed. I enjoyed meeting several members of the team during this panel to myself learn more about the company and employees. I was able to ask questions of their professional experiences that helped analyze if I was in the right place to contribute my experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that were related to the new technology which I had not experience, but I was to provide examples of gaining experience of new technologies on the job.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at DayNine Consulting.

Contacted by talent recruiter for a brief phone screen. Took an online aptitude and personally test. Basic wonderlic test but definitely review. Followed up with an in person interview with the talent recruiter. Asked for another interview with the hiring director. Technical screen followed with another employee. They really want to know if your personality fits. Talk about previous work experience and how you handle situations. Final panel interview with executives. Super relaxed and down to earth. Just have a solid PowerPoint and know your stuff, they will have a Q and A section after.
    Just be yourself, they are all great people.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting in June 2014.

Interview process consists of about 4 different interviews and lasts about 3-4 weeks from initial contact to final offer. The first step is being contacted by a local recruiter, basic questions, what your looking for, why you are interested in the job, expected salary, etc...Second part is a behavioral assessment along with a cognitive learning ability assessment. Just be honest on the behavioral style, either you will fit the type or not, and you do not want to be in a job where your personal traits do not align with the job requirements, the learning assessment can be challenging, but should be since you will be problem solving in the role. next is a follow up with recruiter to set up a skype (if your away from your future hub) interview. this is with a senior consultant and is more you asking questions about the job and what is expected from you. Then there is another skype or in person formal interview with a Regional Manager that is more standard interview questions. Last is the panel presentation, which i was really looking forward too, but can be intimidating if you are not prepared or nervous speaking in front of others. It can be on any topic, but if you are confident, can own the room, and make a professional presentation (you are applying for a professional consulting role after all) you will be fine, answer questions directly and honestly. Cultural fit is a big deal at DayNine, which is something that is stressed throughout the process. Long but totally worthwhile to work for a growing, exciting, and energized company with unlimited growth potential.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really that difficult, i was very excited to talk to everyone that i would be working with and looking forward to the final presentation, have confidence, be yourself, and answer questions honestly and you will be fine.   Answer Question
    Things are pretty much set depending on what offer they provide you, also cover relocation costs

Consultant Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting.

Suppose to be a 4 part interview.

I received an email to take those IQ online test, after I competed that a couple days later recruit called:
    1 - recruiter from West coast - call and discussed company and the position
    2 - recruiter in my area - in person, discuss more in detail about my resume and experiences I have
    3 - Senior level - in person, conversation like. He asked questions like whats your biggest fear? He told me they don't hire boring people because their culture is filled with exciting people
    4- Skype VP - friendly, asked different questions about my school work related to consulting. Why do I want to start consulting. He said culture a huge factor in
    5- presentation - i didn't make it this far because i didnt have enough experience i guess. They all loved my personality. I wish they didnt have me go through all that

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to consult? How do you manage your time in College?   Answer Question

Analyst/Associate Integration Consultation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting in May 2014.

It was a painfully long process!

Started with a telephonic Interview from one of the HR's, Then I was asked for a PLI test which included 12 min aptitude and a behavioral test. After this the HR took more than 2 weeks just to schedule my technical round with the hiring manager. I kept on pestering her with my mails and nothing worked. Finally I told her I have an interview process with another firm and If she could move me from Dallas location to chicago where I go to school. After this things moved really quickly! The HR in chicago was really awesome he helped me on each step with details. My technical screen was scheduled with a Skype which took an Hour. It went really well. But also included behavioral questions. They really want to know who you are as a person. If you fake it they will know! Tell them your story and how you made it.

After my technical Skype round, I had an interview in person with hiring manager for an Hour who was super nice, just behavioral questions and about who you are and your personality.

Then comes the panel! You need to present on a topic of your choice. Content doesn't matter, how you present does! Be confident and you will sail through.

Interview Questions
    • Drive the presentation.
      Answer the questions in a curt manner.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation!
    I had to accept what they offered.

Principal Consultant Interview

Very long interview process. Be prepared to go through many interviews.

Consultant Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting in January 2014.

in phone interview. I was contacted by a recruiter. The process he indicated required a personality and IQ test. I was not sure about this as experienced employees may not feel well about this type of testing..

Interview Questions
    • In person and phone with testing. Was not sure about approach of interviewing..   Answer Question

Integration Consultant Interview

I submitted my resume via university career fair and I got contacted by a recruiter. At that time, I got an offer from another software company but I was still interested in this position so I decided to go on. The recruiter asked me some normal questions and when he found i was an International student, he became really rude and hang up quickly even if I was asking questions. And then I found those negative experience on Glassdoor. I think they are right, I could not see any outlook of this company.