DayNine Consulting Interview Questions in Pleasanton, CA

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.2

Workday Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

The interview process took several steps including phone interview, one on one, and group panel presentation and a behavior test.

The presentation was abstract and the behavior test was timed with many questions sometimes repeating themselves with slight changes in words.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary offering were rather low.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial technical interview, personality test, aptitude test, three hour-long interviews and a panel interview in front of a room of people with several others via WebEx. Each of the three interviews were more in depth than the previous and touched on high level technical information based on my resume, why I made certain decisions at previous clients, what I would have done differently, and how I thought I could improve the way DayNine did things in my area of expertise.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your most memorable experience from a previous project.   Answer Question

Creative Services and Web Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

First it was the phone screen process, second was two one on one interview in different days, third I took 2 tests, and finally, present the PowerPoint presentation I created to the group/panel

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online through the corporate website. Was contacted by a recruiter and set up a 30 min. phone interview. The phone interview went well and I was asked to complete personality and aptitude tests online. After completing the online tests we scheduled an onsite interview the following week at their Pleasanton HQ. The onsite interview went very well. Towards the end of the interview I was asked if I was currently speaking to any other companies, at which point I gave a truthful response that I was in the interview process with 3 other companies - one of which being very deep into the process (4 interviews). At that point the interviewer seemed very shocked (nervous too?) and told me that I should start thinking about a topic for the panel presentation and that I would be added to the short list with 3 other candidates for an in person interview with a senior level manager. I was contacted a few days later and was informed that the senior manager would not be in the area for a while and that they would be doing a preliminary screening via Skype ahead of meeting me in person at their HQ. Before Skyping with the senior manager, the previous interviewer set up a quick 20 min Skype session with me in preparation for my conversation with his manager. He gave me a few notes on what things to speak about, how to dress, and what types of questions to ask, also reassuring me many times that this Skype session with the senior manager would only be an informal touchpoint since there was such a long gap before they returned to the area.

Everything was going really good until my Skype conversation with the Senior Manager. As soon as they saw me on Skype, the process was done. I present myself very well and wore a freshly pressed business suit during my Skype interview as instructed - However, my "look" do not fit into the mold that is Pleasanton or that is Ohio. The interviewer was very disinterested from minute one of my appearance, with their head propped up by their arm on the desk and constant yawning. I touched on all the points suggested by the previous interviewer, resulting in zero reaction from the yawning manager. The Skype interview ended averagely. I was told that they would follow up with me regarding further steps. Despite attempts follow up with my contacts, I received no further response - not even an automated 'Thanks, but no...'.

Although they preach diversity as one of their corporate beliefs, it is sorely lacking from what I observed during my time at their Pleasanton HQ. Before committing your time to this lengthy process, do a search of their roster on LinkedIn - if you can blend in with those faces, then go for it. If not, then you probably won't get past Sr. Management and might want to focus your time/effort somewhere else. LinkedIn tells me that the position has since been filled by someone with far less experience, but who definitely looks the part.