DayNine Consulting

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DayNine Consulting in April 2013.

Applied online through the corporate website. Was contacted by a recruiter and set up a 30 min. phone interview. The phone interview went well and I was asked to complete personality and aptitude tests online. After completing the online tests we scheduled an onsite interview the following week at their Pleasanton HQ. The onsite interview went very well. Towards the end of the interview I was asked if I was currently speaking to any other companies, at which point I gave a truthful response that I was in the interview process with 3 other companies - one of which being very deep into the process (4 interviews). At that point the interviewer seemed very shocked (nervous too?) and told me that I should start thinking about a topic for the panel presentation and that I would be added to the short list with 3 other candidates for an in person interview with a senior level manager. I was contacted a few days later and was informed that the senior manager would not be in the area for a while and that they would be doing a preliminary screening via Skype ahead of meeting me in person at their HQ. Before Skyping with the senior manager, the previous interviewer set up a quick 20 min Skype session with me in preparation for my conversation with his manager. He gave me a few notes on what things to speak about, how to dress, and what types of questions to ask, also reassuring me many times that this Skype session with the senior manager would only be an informal touchpoint since there was such a long gap before they returned to the area.

Everything was going really good until my Skype conversation with the Senior Manager. As soon as they saw me on Skype, the process was done. I present myself very well and wore a freshly pressed business suit during my Skype interview as instructed - However, my "look" do not fit into the mold that is Pleasanton or that is Ohio. The interviewer was very disinterested from minute one of my appearance, with their head propped up by their arm on the desk and constant yawning. I touched on all the points suggested by the previous interviewer, resulting in zero reaction from the yawning manager. The Skype interview ended averagely. I was told that they would follow up with me regarding further steps. Despite attempts follow up with my contacts, I received no further response - not even an automated 'Thanks, but no...'.

Although they preach diversity as one of their corporate beliefs, it is sorely lacking from what I observed during my time at their Pleasanton HQ. Before committing your time to this lengthy process, do a search of their roster on LinkedIn - if you can blend in with those faces, then go for it. If not, then you probably won't get past Sr. Management and might want to focus your time/effort somewhere else. LinkedIn tells me that the position has since been filled by someone with far less experience, but who definitely looks the part.

Interview Questions