Days INN

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Days Inn Front Desk Interview

Days Inn Front Desk

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Days INN.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on-line and followed up on the phone. I was invited back for an interview which occurred in the morning in their event room. I met with the Front Desk Manager who I sat and talked with for the first part of the interview. We didn't get into detailed question, just small talk. I was then actually interviewed by the Property Manager and Front Desk Manager. They requested copies of my resume, which I had prepared. Then we discussed my work experience and my ability to perform the necessary duties. The interview was pretty relaxed and not too intense.

Interview Question – There was no real hard ball question except the normal "what is your greatest weakness?" question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked to come back and was offered the position during which time I was notified of the salary/wage. I was not able to actually negotiate.

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook
East Thermopolis, WY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Days INN.

Interview Details – got the job because i worked there before qwuick interview and started the next day

Interview Questions

• the most difficut thing was when i was told they could only start me at 850   View Answer
  • when will i get a raise   View Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Front Desk Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Days INN in July 2012.

Interview Details – Manager took me to lunch, was very nice, read from my resume and came up with questions as he went. This is the best kind of interview because the questions are relevant without being intimidating, and are specific to the person interviewing.

Interview Question – Really didn't have any (see above)   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Front Desk Clerk
Oswego, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Days INN.

Interview Details – Referred through community job placement agency. Had to fill out an application in front of owner which included basic math questions. Was asked questions about how I understood the concept of supply and demand, whether I could use a calculator to determine 10% and 20% discounts, and was asked questions about my work history. Could have been hired for housekeeping r front desk.

Interview Question – If you have 40 rooms available (out of 44) when is it okay to offer a discount?   View Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Front Desk Associate
Clemson, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Days INN in May 2010.

Interview Details – There was none to speak of. The owner was on his PHONE the whole time and occasionally tossed a question my way without listening. He was 40 minutes late to boot. An easy win for me (I was very professional) but an easy interview is not always a good one.

Negotiation Details – None

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed at Days INN in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process are very simple. first you have to apply for a job with your resume. if they setisfied to your resume then they will call for an interview. During interview they will ask you some basic question belongs to your skill, knowledge about computer & microsoft office and about your experience.

Interview Question – As unexpected question they can ask you a practical question like if any happened or any problem to guest during your job then what should you have to do ?   Answer Question

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Front Desk Supervisor
Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Days INN in October 2011.

Interview Details – The company advertised the position on Craig's list and internally. I put in an application and was called for an interview 3 days later. I waited 40 minutes after the scheduled time for the interview before I was seen. I interviewed with the assistant manager. If you are flexible with the days and shifts you will work,you will have a better chance of being hired. Also, I would recommend this company for someone who hasn't any experience in the hotel industry. They aren't interested in paying the going rate for the positions advertised. Experience nor education will get you more than the minimum pay. The front desk personnel are dissatisfied and you can see it on their faces and in their voices. The office isn't kept very clean and organized.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The salary offer was not in line with the responsibilities and management wasn't interested in making any changes to insure a better guest experience.

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Days INN in June 2009.

Interview Details – I walked in, handed in my application, and was hired on the spot.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Manager Interview

Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Days INN in June 2012.

Interview Details – telephone interview and HR Interview

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to challenge someone who was not behaving within integrity and values?   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Front Desk Clerk

I applied in-person and interviewed at Days INN.

Interview Details – Walked in, spoke to manager, started that day.

Interview Question – No real "interview", just had a friendly chat the the manager.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Days INN? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Days INN interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Days INN employees and interview candidates.