Dayton Freight

www.daytonfreight.com

Dayton Freight Interview Questions

2.2

Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dayton Freight in December 2013.

first interview was very laid back, while they fill your head with lies. DOT physical and drug screen follows the interview if they like you. It takes about a week to get the results of the drug screen, and start date. Second interview is with the VP of operations, and your ran through the ringer! He asks a lot of personal questions about your family life!

Interview Questions
    • What is your spouse's and parents name? What do they do for a living? How many kids do you have? What's you r family life like?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for this position

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dayton Freight.

Initial interview for management trainee position goes as follows:

1. Phone/Skype Interview with corporate HR employee
    2. In person interview with closest Terminal Manager
    3. Brought in to corporate (Dayton) to meet with up to 3-4 department heads/managers

You can have all the right answers, but it honestly comes down to do you fit in with DFL's culture? Will you go the extra mile for the customer? Will you respect all employees regardless of job title? Show them you want to do those things and you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you $5000 right now, what would you do with it?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation for the position I started in (management trainee). They have a set salary for you.

Management Trainee Interview

Interview was very well run. Very professional and gave a very good idea of what the job entailed. Impressed with the organization and efficiency of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to solve conflict with a group member.   Answer Question

It was a graveyard shift.

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dayton Freight in February 2009.

Regular questions. How long have you been driving. How many tickets. How many Accidents. Do you have a criminal back groud record.

Safety Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dayton Freight in June 2008.

It was a very quick process since I was referred and only looking for summer work.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate at all because the pay I was offered was very competitive.

Dock Worker Interview

Fast....

Dockworker Interview

The service center manger called to set up an interview three days after I applied. The next day I went in for my interview, and it lasted approximately 30-45 minutes. I was asked simple quesitons like, "I see you have worked at another trucking company, you worked the dock there?" "So you have experience driving a forklift?"

N/A