De Montfort University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at De Montfort University

International Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at De Montfort University.

I applied online, received an email and letter inviting me to interview. I was required to give a presentation on my target market, as well as have a panel interview with 3 regional managers and the director of international. Following that, I was required to detail a yearly budget of £30k. The interview was to take around an hour in total, but I went some time over that.

I received a letter 2 weeks after my interview saying that I had been rejected, and was given no feedback, despite requests.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, with the usual "tell me about a challenge" questions. I was able to anticipate all the questions asked by the panel, except a few, such as "why do you think we use targets?" and "have you worked in an international environment before?" which weren't challenging.   Answer Question

Online and Multimedia Marketing Frontrunner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at De Montfort University in February 2012.

I applied via the Frontrunner website and was invited for an interview where I sat in front of a panel of marketing managers and marketing assistants and lasted around 30 - 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Quite general questions including...
      What are you studying?
      Are you able to photograph events or students if required?
      You'll be working closely with the web officer who adds content to the website, creates videos for the YouTube channel and designs promotional materials, have you any experience in this?
      You will be working within a small team, can you give an example of how you have worked successfully within a team?
      Can you give an example of how you have led a team or a project?

Answer Question
    There was not a negotiation phase as it was a placement scheme the wage was already set and so was the starting date.