De Montfort University Interview Questions in Leicester, England

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at De Montfort University

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview included a 10 minutes presentation followed by some questions from the interview panel. The interviewer were polite and interview was okay in general. The questions were mostly relevant but a couple of slightly confusing questions. Although I did not get a job offer, what I really liked about this interview was the professional behaviour of the main interviewer. She told me that they would be back for the result by the day after the interview and she did so. She gave me a phone call to tell me the outcome of the interview with very useful feedbacks both on positive and negative aspects of the interview. That helped me to do much better in my next interview leading to a good job offer. I believe they have done their job properly and professionally and it was a valuable experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you assess a large number of students in practical classes ?   Answer Question

Online and Multimedia Marketing Frontrunner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied via the Frontrunner website and was invited for an interview where I sat in front of a panel of marketing managers and marketing assistants and lasted around 30 - 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Quite general questions including... What are you studying? Are you able to photograph events or students if required? You'll be working closely with the web officer who adds content to the website, creates videos for the YouTube channel and designs promotional materials, have you any experience in this? You will be working within a small team, can you give an example of how you have worked successfully within a team? Can you give an example of how you have led a team or a project?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase as it was a placement scheme the wage was already set and so was the starting date.