DeKalb County School System

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Updated Jul 7, 2014

2.5

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DeKalb County School System in June 2014.

I applied online on the PATS system. I received a phone call after about 3 days. I was contacted by an administrative assistant who informed me I would be meeting with the principal. When I arrived, it seemed pretty relaxed and the principal and assist. principal met with me in the principal's office. It seemed to be going well, I was bombarded with questions.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with RTI? What do you know about it?   View Answer

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

I applied online – interviewed at DeKalb County School System.

Contacted via telephone and mail after application submission. First interview was conducted by the supervisor and director

Interview Questions

Salary was below what I was already making. Learned in interview that there had been no wage increases in 3 years.

TFA Corps Member - Elementary Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at DeKalb County School System.

hired to be kindergarten teacher. waiting with approx. 50 other CMs in gym and interviewed 1:1 with 4 different principals.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. You take what you get or they'll boot you

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DeKalb County School System in June 2011.

Applied online, application was received. When job posing closed received call back and scheduled for interview. Interview was with Director and supervisor of Finance (both were very nice) received call back after 3 days with offer of employment.
    Had to call and get salary information for positon (which step I would start at) and information on cost of benefits.

Salary was to low.

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeKalb County School System in December 2009.

Interviewing was the easiest part but I am now on my 6th principal and I have only been working in the county for 9 years at 2 schools. The interview was like a sit down with a friend more than an interview. Know about differentiation. Know how something about CCGPS and know that the curriculum is ever changing. Be sure on an interview with Dekalb County that you mention that you are flexible.

Interview Questions
    There was non but now I am at a point where I need a job of negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DeKalb County School System in October 2009.

Explained strengths and experiences. The interviewer told me about the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a student was not following instructions?   View Answer
    • What are your greatest accomplishments?   View Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DeKalb County School System in January 2009.

Must take a substitute teacher training course

Take it or leave it.

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DeKalb County School System in July 2011.

The interview was not long. The interview was very professional. The interview was held at the school. The interview was held by an administrator and the dept head. The interview was casual and the interviewers made me feel comfortable and confident. They made me feel wanted and told me to go ahead and turn down any other offers because they wanted me to work there.