DeKalb County School System Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.5

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DeKalb County School System.

Interview

extremely long drawn out online process. Need references with company email addresses. Need college transcript. etc. Need finger prints. Now you have to pay for a background check.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DeKalb County School System in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online on the PATS system. I received a phone call after about 3 days. I was contacted by an administrative assistant who informed me I would be meeting with the principal. When I arrived, it seemed pretty relaxed and the principal and assist. principal met with me in the principal's office. It seemed to be going well, I was bombarded with questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with RTI? What do you know about it?   1 Answer

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DeKalb County School System (Stone Mountain, GA).

Interview

Contacted via telephone and mail after application submission. First interview was conducted by the supervisor and director

Interview Questions

Salary was below what I was already making. Learned in interview that there had been no wage increases in 3 years.

Guidance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DeKalb County School System (Decatur, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

The assistant principal, principal and head counselor provided a pleasant environment for my interview. The main secretary was so pleasant and welcoming. I felt very comfortable in answering the interview questions. I didn't feel as though there was a hidden agenda. The principal and assistant principal were very upfront and precise.

Teacher Librarian/Library Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DeKalb County School System (Decatur, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of a review of my resume and cover letter followed by discussion.Prior to the interview I reviewed the school's webpage and identified the main focus of the school and the programs that I felt could be supported and enhanced by the Library Media Center program.
    Each school is different. So do your research. Talk to the Educational Media department about the focus of the school and go in with ideas. Most administrators are not aware of all that you can offer as a Teacher Librarian. So, even if they don't completely agree with your vision the fact that you have one will set you apart from all the rest.

Interview Questions

• How could I support the current school program.   1 Answer

TFA Corps Member - Elementary Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DeKalb County School System (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

hired to be kindergarten teacher. waiting with approx. 50 other CMs in gym and interviewed 1:1 with 4 different principals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. You take what you get or they'll boot you

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DeKalb County School System (Stone Mountain, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online, application was received. When job posing closed received call back and scheduled for interview. Interview was with Director and supervisor of Finance (both were very nice) received call back after 3 days with offer of employment.
    Had to call and get salary information for positon (which step I would start at) and information on cost of benefits.

Salary was to low.

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at DeKalb County School System (Stone Mountain, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

I actually volunteered at a school for a month and was later offered a position as a Paraprofessional. That said, the interview process was very informal. I remember sitting the the principal's office and him asking me very general questions about myself, my professional aspirations, and about my care and concern for children.

Interview Questions

• The principal asked me: Have you worked with special needs children before? Do you have any training relative to the position? Do you have the patience required for this position?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeKalb County School System in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewing was the easiest part but I am now on my 6th principal and I have only been working in the county for 9 years at 2 schools. The interview was like a sit down with a friend more than an interview. Know about differentiation. Know how something about CCGPS and know that the curriculum is ever changing. Be sure on an interview with Dekalb County that you mention that you are flexible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was non but now I am at a point where I need a job of negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DeKalb County School System (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

Explained strengths and experiences. The interviewer told me about the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student was not following instructions?   1 Answer
    • What are your greatest accomplishments?   1 Answer