DePaul University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at DePaul University

Interview Details – Fill out application and submit resume. You do not find out whether or not you have the position until the end of July/ early August. You do not find out which professor you are working for until the beginning of September.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a graduate assistant?   Answer Question

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Group Fitness Instructor

Interviewed at DePaul University

Interview Details – easy if they are in need of more people

Interview Question – what type of class do you want to teach?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at DePaul University in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired from within the academic department I currently work with so the interview process wasn't a big deal.

Interview Question – If you're applying from outside the department, have a teaching philosophy and/or online portfolio with course work and weekly class schedule ready.   Answer Question

ELearning Content Developer Interview

ELearning Content Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at DePaul University.

Interview Details – Applied through DePaul's Job Website, got contacted a few days after for an interview. It was a panel interview with 3 different interviewers.

Interview Question – It was mostly them telling about the job. They asked a little bit about my technical skills and how I used them in the past.   Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Data Entry Clerk
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DePaul University.

Interview Details – Interview took a half hour. Heard from DePaul 3 days later. Interview questions were pretty basic ones.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at DePaul University in August 2010.

Interview Details – Talked to the business coordinator, and she hired me.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DePaul University.

Interview Details – Hiring is very slow at DePaul, like it is at most universities. I experienced a two month delay between my application and hearing back for the initial phone interview; by that time, I had nearly given up on the job. Most times, there is a 30 minute phone interview with the basic questions: Why would you like this job? What challenges have you faced and how did you overcome them? Next was a group interview with the entire department and the HR manager (3 people), plus a follow-up with the boss. It is important to stress DePaul's mission and values in any interview, because that is the driving factor behind all the work that is done here.

Interview Question – How would you say you exemplify the mission of St. Vincent de Paul?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations are difficult. The salaries on this site are not reflective of the true salaries for staff positions, so I was blindsided when I thought they threw out a low-ball offer. Budgets are tight and there's not a lot of wiggle room. They will stress non-monetary benefits, like the long winter holiday (the entire school is closed from Christmas Eve through the new year) and free tuition for up to two classes per quarter. If you throw out a high number, they will try to go back to the department to see what their absolute cap is, but expect only a few hundred more than the offer, not a few thousand.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Chicago, IL

I interviewed at DePaul University in July 2011.

Interview Details – good resume and interview skills

Interview Question – conflict with people   Answer Question

Data Verification Manager Interview

Data Verification Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DePaul University in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was called to the CNA building in downtown Chicago for the interview. I reached the location in time. The interviewer started out by explaining what the job was about. The position was newly created and he explained the reasons for its creation.

After that he didn't ask any questions and we had 30 minute scheduled for this interview. I spent the time asking questions about the position, telling about myself, explaining how I'm the ideal candidate for the position. I was sent off 20 minutes later with a firm handshake and a promise of a call within 2 weeks.

3 weeks later, with no call or correspondence from DePaul, I emailed the office manager and the interviewer but didn't get any reply. A couple of days later the office manager called to tell me the position was filled and wished me good luck for my future.

Interview Question – No questions were asked as such.   Answer Question

Athletic Department Interview

Athletic Department
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DePaul University.

Interview Details – Submitted my resumeand cover letter and within a week I recieved a phone call asking for an in-person interview. I had the interview and within 7-10 I got another phone call telling me I got the job.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Just basic behavioral questions.
What job did you like most and why
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was already posted so there was none, however raises and promotions are possible

Interviews for Top Jobs at DePaul University

Worked for DePaul University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DePaul University interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by DePaul University employees and interview candidates.