DePuy Orthopaedics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Warsaw, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DePuy Orthopaedics.

Interview Details – Disclaimer: I've begun to understand that there is not really a "standard" interview process at DePuy. Some of my co-workers had a single in-person interview. Some did several phone and video conference interviews... the following was my experience.

I had no contacts at DePuy, and I just did a basic New-College-Hire online submission. I don't remember exactly how long after I submitted my application that it was when they contacted me, but it was within 10 days or so.

I was out of state, so they called to set up a video conference interview. In the video conference I spoke briefly with the HR guy that contacted me, but the actual interview was with the guy that is now my boss and another senior engineer. They asked the general interview questions (weaknesses, strengths, how you work with others), several basic engineering questions (stress/strain, drafting stuff), and they told me about the position.

I was told I would hear back within 3 or 4 days, but it was closer to 2 weeks when they called. They flew me out for an on-site interview with two other candidates (they kept us separated). I was asked to do a small presentation with my conclusions about a case-study that they had given me, and was then grilled by senior team members (in a friendly manner) about the things I had missed or had failed to elaborate. They gave me a tour of the site, I met all of the team, had lunch, went home.

A week or two later the HR guy called and gave me their offer. Now I work here.

Interview Question – I don't really remember. However, I do recall that there were several questions in the video interview and in the case study to which I just had to say that I didn't know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a new college hire and the offer was definitely competitive. I didn't really bother negotiating.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DePuy Orthopaedics in December 2011.

Interview Details – My interview was sort of laid back because I was in car sales and sold the regional manager his car. He liked my attitude and honesty sooooooooo..........It was sort of an inside contact and he made the decisions. I guess you never know who you will run into or the connections they may have. I asked him what he did for a living and he told me. I was blown away because I wanted to get into the industry but need a contact. I then asked him if I can talk to him further about a career in the industry. He told me sure and the rest was just formalities from there. My case was more personal because of the relationship I built with the manager when selling him his car. He saw my honesty, and sales skills and told me I would do well in the field.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you will do well in the Medical Device sales industry?   View Answer
  • Why should I hire you instead of the other candidates waiting to talk to me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because I am a newbie. But it was already lucrative!

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Raynham, MA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at DePuy Orthopaedics in March 2011.

Interview Details – lengthy and arduous. lots of behvioral questions.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you had to deal with an employee who waw under performing. how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DePuy Orthopaedics in February 2013.

Interview Details – Two round interview process, I did not get past the first round. Was asked to interview after a recruiter sent my CV in. The interview was an hour long, on site interview, with the hiring manager and another engineer. Both interviewers were engineers, no human resources personnel were involved.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a manufacturing engineer?   Answer Question

Tax Leadership Development Program Interview

Tax Leadership Development Program

Interviewed at DePuy Orthopaedics

Interview Details – Applied through career center at school and had an interview with one of the managers.

Interview Question – It was a very chill interview   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DePuy Orthopaedics in June 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with the marketing manager, business unit manager and unit director

Interview Question – what is your salary expectaction?   Answer Question

Hip and Knee Replacements Interview

Hip and Knee Replacements

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at DePuy Orthopaedics in September 2009.

Interview Details – This was only the initial interview before the assessment day which I got through to.
The first interview was an overview of your experience and how you are as a person/how you come across on a first meeting.
They clarified points on the C.V and question how much you know about the job, the company and your role.
Learn the Credo, statistics for UK and where the company is finacially.
The interview once you get through this stage is more structured with a panel. You have presentations demonstrations and interview questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for DePuy Orthopaedics? Contribute to the Community!