DePuy Synthes Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.6

Data Entry Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

Met with the Contract Manager and some of the contracts team. We met in a conference room where they asked about me and then described their role in the company/contracts division. The entire process was about 30 minutes and it was a very inviting group of people.

RA/QA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes in July 2015.

Interview

The position I applied for was an ideal fit with my experience and skill set, so an offer over 8K less than what I currently make was a surprise. Their justification pointed to "total compensation" and other intangibles that are essentially universal to all large device manufacturers, including my current employer. Overall, it seemed like an amazing place to work and a perfect fit with my skills and experience, but the interview process was a complete waste of time for both Depuy Synthes and myself given they weren't going to come close to matching my current compensation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your recent experience and its applicability to this role.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (Warsaw, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Full day of interviews, 5 interviews. I met with multiple people, sometimes meeting with more than 1 person at a time. I got lunch with some of the managers, and mostly the day was geared toward learning about DePuy and the position

Interview Questions

• How do you spell orthopaedic?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was pretty much non-existent, its an intern position

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

1) Phone interview 2) Another Phone Interview 3) In person interview where you have to take an exam then have to present your results to a group of people. Then you meet with a bunch of people individually. Very unnecessarily long process. Over 2 months in total. Even unprofessional at some point. Took 6 weeks to get an actual offer on paper after they said they wanted me. Then when the offer was extended it was for a lot less than we had discussed at the beginning of the interview process. Ended up turning down the offer because Depuy-Synthes offer was significantly less than my current salary. When I explained to them the reasons why I could not afford to take less (same cost of living) they gave me a 24 hour take it or leave it deadline. HR very rude when I said I was turning down the offer. Walked away because I felt negotiations were handled dishonestly.

Label Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

Very Difficult and long interview 3hours. They asked questions based on their key principles in their in person portion of the interview- Connect, Lead, Shape and Deliver. After the interview each person who interviews you scores you 1-4. Before you even get to this point there are two phone interviews. Once with HR and one with your Hiring manager at a minimum.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about how you handle different situations.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was pleasant, but involved far more technical questions than I was prepared for. They are absolutely looking for a more experienced candidate than they advertised. I would still be interested in the position, although I chose to withdraw my application, do to personal concerns.

Interview Questions

• Describe all exemptions that an IDE manufactured product is subject to, particularly in regards to pediatric devices.   2 Answers

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raynham, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (Raynham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

When I first met the person interviewing me, I did not feel very welcomed since the guy wasn't in a very great mood. I also came into the interview not knowing what position it was that I applied for. The person scheduling the interview didn't even know which made it difficult to prepare for. There were two 1 on 1 interviews, the first was talking about the position and my resume, the second was all behavioral based questions. There were probably a good 10 of these questions that I had to answer which made it sort of tough.They didn't get back to me until over 3 weeks later when I asked about my status on the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

Very long process and highly competitive. Demonstrating initiative, great communication skills and showing that you value relationships are key qualities. This is a very challenging position and will continue to be very demanding on your personal life. They will try and talk you out of the job before they offer it to you.

Interview Questions

• Every manager has their own style for interviewing. If you take initiative and go above and beyond what the manager is asking of you, you will set yourself up to succeed in the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

R & D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

I received an email from the talent acquisition department asking to do a phone screen the next day. Rescheduling was possible. When the called happened the screener asked if I had 30 minutes of time where I could talk. The screener asked about my current job responsibilities I had and in the past what jobs I've had and responsibilities associated with those. The rest of the conversation was asking specifics of my experience that related directly to the job description and also my resume. We discussed a little bit about what type of job I was looking for and if this would be a good fit and then at the end I was able to ask questions. The screener said she was going to recommend me to do a phone interview with the manager which was the next step of the interview process. The phone call lasted about 20 minutes.

QE Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

Hiring process took about two months. Interview steps: Phone interview (technical), Group panel 1:1 interview (HR, technical, Hiring Manager), and final interview (Hiring Manager plus Dept. Director). I received a response and offer after a couple of weeks.