DeVries Public Relations

Relevance Date Difficulty

PR Interview

PR
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at DeVries Public Relations in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 3 individuals all from the same accounts I work under. Two of my interviewers were very active in questioning me on my experience and skill set, the other just observed. It helps to have a list of questions to ask at the end. I might have had one too many. 2-4 recommended.

Interview Question – Do you read a lot?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate my salary.

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DeVries Public Relations.

Interview Details – Very pleasant interview!

Interview Question – Nothing I didn't expect going into the interview. Writing test after interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at DeVries Public Relations

Interview Details – The interview process for a summer intern included a phone screen and one in person interview.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very straightforward.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DeVries Public Relations in February 2011.

Interview Details – Came in to speak with HR who told me about the opening. I had to two subsequent interviews with the senior mangers on the team and then the rest of the team.

Overall, the interview was very conversational and laid back. we talked a lot about pop culture and our interests. I definitely felt like I got to know everyone pretty well during the interview process.

Interview Question – There were not a lot of hard questions. However, they were very interested in my ability to navigate social media.   Answer Question

PR Account Executive Interview

PR Account Executive
New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at DeVries Public Relations in February 2010.

Interview Details – Met with a public relations team from DeVries. All in all the team was very bland, did not seem to show interest, and one girl laughed in my face when I answered an opinionated question. Make the job seem to be more luxiorous than it actually was. Did not answer questions I had asked, and just appeared as if i were wasting there time when they called ME in for an interview.

Interview Question – If I had sent something out to for shipment, and it got lost along the way,how would I solve that problem?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DeVries Public Relations.

Interview Details – The hiring process was simple. After submitting a cover letter and resume, I had an interview with HR followed by four 1:1 interviews with different team members. While they asked me about my experience and interest in PR, it was very casual and conversational.

Interview Question – Walk me through step by step how you would garner a large media hit for a client that needs to see big wins ASAP.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating - I received an offer letter for $33K which is standard for many PR agencies.

Worked for DeVries Public Relations? Contribute to the Community!