DeVry Education Group

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at DeVry Education Group in April 2013.

I applied online and received a call about my application from HR in about a week. They then scheduled a 30 minute phone interview which they asked the typical interview questions. After you pass that you are asked to take an iq type test online with math and problem solving questions and a personality assessment. I followed up with HR and the scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager with more typical interview questions like why do you want to work for DeVry. After the phone interview I then followed up again with HR to get an in person interview. This following up process took two weeks. Then I met with the hiring manager and a senior manager. They asked more typical questions and I was prepared. My advice would be to prepare yourself as much as possible with answers to obvious interview questions and bring resume, recommendation letters, and proof of past performance. Once I completed the interview I sent them both thank you emails and received an offer the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult account?   View Answer
    I didnt negotiate but I should have.

Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry Education Group in November 2012.

I had applied online and about one month later I recieved a phone call from the recruiter. It was about a 20 minute interivew asking about my previous jobs and why I wanted to be a specialist. I then was scheduled an in-person interview with the co-directors. I had to complete and hour online quiz as well as a personal info sheet prior to the interview. When I went to the interview I was briefly shown the office and then seated in a private office with the co-directors. They then began the interview by basically reading questions off a sheet of paper and writing down my answers. Very routine and they seemed very uninterested in what I had to say. The one co-director was yawning throughout and slouching through his chair. You could tell that they were just going through a line of interviews and did not care what I had to say. I also could find no way to contact them after the interview because nothing is listed on the sites or given from them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a change that management implemented in your previous employment that you did not agree with. How did you adapt to it?   View Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DeVry Education Group in March 2012.

Phone Interview with Recruiter, Onsite interview with Director, 2nd onsite with manager and director

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficulty constructive criticism ever given to you by a manager   Answer Question
    I told them upfront what I was looking for and they made a fair offer based on my needs.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DeVry Education Group in February 2011.

The interview was straight forward. I met with the QA manager along with analysts on the team. They asked me about my experience and skills. No question really through me for a loop. If you go in with a positive attitude and a willingness to thrive in a team environment you should do fine. I then had a 2nd Interview right after the first one with the Senior QA manager. Pretty much the same stuff. All in all not too stressful of an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to prove your QA skills. You might get a list of requirements and you will need to break them down on how you would test them. If you have experience in QA it's not to bad, just be detailed.   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward, made me the offer and I accepted. I did not really negotiate.

Unix Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DeVry Education Group in May 2010.

The interview process was reasonable, with teh exception of a "MacGuyver" question. I was asked how I would get a ping pong ball out of a long pipe with a rubber band, paper clip and a piece of paper. I may be forgetting some details, but it was extremely out of sync for a systems engineer position. I was offered the position after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get a ping pong ball out of a pipe in the ground if given a rubber band, piece of paper, and a paper clip.   View Answer
    Was through a recruiter so does not apply

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DeVry Education Group in August 2009.

Initial phone screen. Group Interview. one on one.

Interview Questions
    • What are the 3 characteristics that will make yu successfull?   Answer Question
    No negotiating.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DeVry Education Group in October 2008.

we had to partake in a group interview....where about 20 candidates are all in one room together trying to explain why they are relevant and qualified for a job that have just learned about in a 10 powerpoint.

Interview Questions
    • if you were a cartoon character who would you be?   View Answer
    • why do you want to work here?   View Answer

the company seemed wonderful but it was very difficult to connect to the people who were doing the interviewing!!