DeVry Education Group Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 30, 2015

3.3

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

There was a Phone screen and several live interviews. You have to do an assessment online, which took awhile, but if it helps it is okay. Took about an hour.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

During the interview, you are asked what you know about the company. It is the basics though, what do you want to do, what have you done and do you have examples. I interviewed with one person first and then two people the second time before meeting the man in charge.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted via email from a woman in HR. I had to complete a couple assessments before we could schedule the phone interview, which was somewhat annoying. One assessment was a personality questionnaire, I believe it took about 30 minutes. The other was like a college math exam, I found both to be stressful, and I never learned what the results were (I must have done okay if I proceeded to a phone interview, then followed by an interview at the office in Naperville). The HR lady on the phone was friendly. The office interview was with two women (I can't remember their positions) it seemed like they played Good Cop Bad Cop which I didn't appreciate.

Interview Questions

• There is a student who was taking courses so he could get a promotion at work. He ends up getting the promotion anyway and doesn't feel he has to finish his degree. How would you change his mind?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out online application, contacted by phone interviewed over the phone twice called in for face to face interviewed with 3 Assistant Directors and 1 Director 4 people at once.

Interview Questions

• If you were someone famous who would you be and why?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of several interviews. The first was an initial screening phone interview, the second was another phone interview with a team manager, and the third was an in office interview with a couple of managers.

Registrar Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

It was fairly quick. It was just the wait time to start that was the longest. from start to finish it took about 8 weeks. It is a 3 step process you interview over the phone, then it is a 2:1 interview and then you interview with the Director

Interview Questions

• The typical why DeVry? What is you experience in education?   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Downers Grove, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about my application from HR in about a week. They then scheduled a 30 minute phone interview which they asked the typical interview questions. After you pass that you are asked to take an iq type test online with math and problem solving questions and a personality assessment. I followed up with HR and the scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager with more typical interview questions like why do you want to work for DeVry. After the phone interview I then followed up again with HR to get an in person interview. This following up process took two weeks. Then I met with the hiring manager and a senior manager. They asked more typical questions and I was prepared. My advice would be to prepare yourself as much as possible with answers to obvious interview questions and bring resume, recommendation letters, and proof of past performance. Once I completed the interview I sent them both thank you emails and received an offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult account?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate but I should have.

Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I had applied online and about one month later I recieved a phone call from the recruiter. It was about a 20 minute interivew asking about my previous jobs and why I wanted to be a specialist. I then was scheduled an in-person interview with the co-directors. I had to complete and hour online quiz as well as a personal info sheet prior to the interview. When I went to the interview I was briefly shown the office and then seated in a private office with the co-directors. They then began the interview by basically reading questions off a sheet of paper and writing down my answers. Very routine and they seemed very uninterested in what I had to say. The one co-director was yawning throughout and slouching through his chair. You could tell that they were just going through a line of interviews and did not care what I had to say. I also could find no way to contact them after the interview because nothing is listed on the sites or given from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a change that management implemented in your previous employment that you did not agree with. How did you adapt to it?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Downers Grove, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruiter, Onsite interview with Director, 2nd onsite with manager and director

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficulty constructive criticism ever given to you by a manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them upfront what I was looking for and they made a fair offer based on my needs.

Tough But Good Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone screen the in-person with 2 managers at same time. They also gave a test to see if your personality fit with an aggressive sales type position. I learned after I got the job that people who did not pass that test did not get interviewed.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background and why I was interested in the education industry. They asked me to sell them on the $50 application fee for the school. They threw out several common objections. They ended the interview by asking about my availability to start.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.