DeVry Education Group

Updated Feb 1, 2015
Updated Feb 1, 2015

2.9

Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DeVry Education Group.

I had technically three interviews. The first with the Talent recruiter. Then with the director of Admissions. Then with the director and another woman. It took about a month to go through all of the interviews and be offered the job.

Did not negotiate, pay is good

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview process was quite lengthy. I interviewed with five different people and took two assessments. Interviews went great (their words, not mine) but a month went by and I was told I did not receive the position. Everyone was nice though.

Interview Questions
    • A year from now if you recieved the job offer, you're leaving work and you're extremely happy, what has happened?   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

First I was contacted via Email to schedule a phone interview. When she called to confirm the phone interview, she said she would be emailing assessments to be completed before the phone interview. I tried emailing her and she was out of office. She failed to email the assessments and made it seem like it was my fault they weren't available before the interview. She rescheduled the phone interview and finally sent the assessments. phone interview went fine and she seemed really friendly at the end. She said her supervisor would be contacting me to schedule an in person interview. She emailed two days later with an in person interview for 4 days later. Seemed to be moving fast!

When I arrived at the interview, they didn't have me on the calendar. I ended up waiting 30 minutes to meet with two ladies. They asked situational questions wanting specific answers relating to my resume. They said i should hear in two weeks. Two weeks later a different person emailed to schedule 2nd in person interview. It was for three weeks later. two days later they called to reschedule for three weeks later. Went to the in person interview, she was friendly, but seemed to be uninterested. She was very happy to talk about the program, but wasn't interested in my responses. She just seemed like she knew she wasn't going to hire me for the position.

Got a call from the original phone interview lady and she said they thought i would be a better fit for a different position. She sent another round of assessments. She told me specific things to say to questions they would ask. interview was scheduled for the next week. This round was much more intense. They asked about sales experience and how i would respond to rejection. They were not friendly and very cold. Never received a call back and its been over a month. The whole process was over 2 months.

I would not suggest this company to anyone else. they are not trustworthy and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly related my experience to the position. not very challenging. Typical situational/example questions.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DeVry Education Group in December 2014.

I applied for the position through the DeVry Education group website. A recruiter emailed me to take an assessment test. Completed the assessment and didn't hear back from the recruiter for over a month. Emailed the recruiter to see if she had any updates and she set me up for a phone interview. After phone interview I was arranged for a in person interview with two Managers. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. They were very unprofessional asking each other what they should ask me. The recruiter contacted me back and informed me that they really liked me but they went with an internal college.

Student Finance Consultant Interview

Hiring process was really fast as I was a referral. I had a phone interview and the HR person pretty much gets you ready for the interview. The interview was pretty much general questions-why Devry? Why do u think you will be a good fit? Etc. The interview lasted only 10 mins and I thought I was not going to get the job but got a call the same day and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    They are pretty standard when it comes to pay as there are plenty of levels you can move up to.

Student Services Advisor I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Applied online. Received an email requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was great. Brief run through of the job description and then resume review with follow up questions. Not difficult at all. My in-person interview was scheduled at the end of the phone conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a specific instance in which you worked through an issue, nothing general please.   View Answer

Offer from another institution.

Support Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DeVry Education Group.

I met with 2 gentleman and once, and at times it felt like an interrogation. The both seem preoccupied with their own work than on interviewing me. I had to keep asking them if they wanted to ask me any more questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name the worst situation I have been in with regards to support?   View Answer

The offer was not a current rates for an engineer.

Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DeVry Education Group.

3 steps - phone interview with HR; in person interview with your direct manager; in person interview with Campus President or Executive Leadership Team. You will have to take a personality test and to some that means a lot, to others it doesn't. Just make sure you have a convincing people personality.

Interview Questions
    • Typical - how do you handle students who don't have the motivation or inspiration to better themselves?   Answer Question
    Not really negotiable.

Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Phone interview first, then in person. They contacted every one of my references and asked them thorough questions. After a drug test I got my official offer.
    The training phase was 8 weeks but really only had a few days of full content. They expected you to be work ready in only a few days.
    They did not fully prepare you to be cold calling. They make it seem like every "prospect" wants information but expect you to convert about 5% of them long term

Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Group interview with around 10-20 people. They will ask you basic questions - make sure to have your two minute elevator speach ready. If asked back, you will meet with 2-3 managers and they will conduct a behaviornal based interview. If they decide that they like you, but you are a better fit for another team, you will either have a phone interview of another in-person with that manager.

Interview Questions
    • You will role play calling a prospect for the first time.   View Answer
    No negotiation