DeVry University

DeVry University Admissions Representative Interview Questions

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DeVry University.

basically they make you fill out a long form millions of questions then you do an inhouse group interview which is awkward followed by one on ones. It took HR a good 4 weeks to get back to me by which I was already employed with another company

Interview Questions
  • They were all off a white sheet of paper (skills/passions/goals) typical run of the mill   Answer Question

already employed

Other Interview Reviews for DeVry University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DeVry University.

Interview process was streamline. Phone screening through HR Generalist. After phone screening was invited for a personal interview with the Director of Admissions following immediately by the Assistant Director of Admissions. Since I had nothing else to do that day, they pulled me directly into a Panel Interview with the Dean of Student Central, the Director of High School Programs, and Manager of Financial Aid. I received a call the next day with the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DeVry University in October 2011.

Was called for a brief screen and set up a phone interview. Phone Interview, which included situational questions and things like why devry? what are your strengths? How would you approach a situation in which the student was not interested? and the same ones others have posted here.

Was told at the end of the phone interview that I would be set up with an on site interview with the director and assistant director of admissions. The onsite interview was harder and more intimidating. Director did most of the talking. I knew in the middle of the meeting that I would not take the job if I got an offer. Felt like the dude was nice because he had too not because he wanted too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DeVry University in October 2010.

The interview process began with the normal scheduled phone interview with an HR representative. Easy enough since they seemed to be interested in a bubbly, outgoing personality. She immediately offered an in-person interview which she promised to call back and schedule by the end of the day. Three days later I had not heard from her, so I had to contact her.

The email I received to confirm my in-person interview was typo-ridden, which doesn't normally bother me. Except she misspelled her director's name, whom I was to call upon arrival to the site. So I essentially called the director (my interviewer) by the wrong name over the phone for a job that is heavily phone-based. Awesome.

Typical interview with friendly office and staff. I was offered a group interview, but was notified a day before that they wish me luck on my career search elsewhere.

It got interesting when out of the blue three months later they call for a group interview which I attended. I was the only person who showed up. The HR rep seemed rushed and unfocused making me feel like I had completely wasted my afternoon. She concluded by saying that she would review my past interviews and contact me (aka "Why didn't we like you before?"). I received no contact whatsoever even after a interview thank you note and follow-up inquiry. Basically seems like the HR department might need to review their own performances.

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Great hiring process, but they've since gotten rid of the local HR person. It's going to either be temps or their centralized HR service now, so I don't know how the hiring process will go now.

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University in July 2011.

The process was fairly short first it started with a phone interview. Which lasted about 30 minutes after the phone interview I was offered a face to face.

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DeVry University in March 2011.

It was easy for me although others had panel interviews that were intense

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University in August 2008.

The majority of the question were about sales experience. The work culture was great when the enrollment numbers were high. This is not the case when enrollment was down.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important part of your initial discussion with prospective students? How would you follow up?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate -- they are on a very compensation schedule.