DeVry University

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Admissions Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview Details – basically they make you fill out a long form millions of questions then you do an inhouse group interview which is awkward followed by one on ones. It took HR a good 4 weeks to get back to me by which I was already employed with another company

Interview Question – They were all off a white sheet of paper (skills/passions/goals) typical run of the mill   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – already employed

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview Details – Interview process was streamline. Phone screening through HR Generalist. After phone screening was invited for a personal interview with the Director of Admissions following immediately by the Assistant Director of Admissions. Since I had nothing else to do that day, they pulled me directly into a Panel Interview with the Dean of Student Central, the Director of High School Programs, and Manager of Financial Aid. I received a call the next day with the job offer.

Interview Question – How would you regularly overcome an objection?   Answer Question

Addison, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DeVry University in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was called for a brief screen and set up a phone interview. Phone Interview, which included situational questions and things like why devry? what are your strengths? How would you approach a situation in which the student was not interested? and the same ones others have posted here.

Was told at the end of the phone interview that I would be set up with an on site interview with the director and assistant director of admissions. The onsite interview was harder and more intimidating. Director did most of the talking. I knew in the middle of the meeting that I would not take the job if I got an offer. Felt like the dude was nice because he had too not because he wanted too.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   View Answer

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DeVry University in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process began with the normal scheduled phone interview with an HR representative. Easy enough since they seemed to be interested in a bubbly, outgoing personality. She immediately offered an in-person interview which she promised to call back and schedule by the end of the day. Three days later I had not heard from her, so I had to contact her.

The email I received to confirm my in-person interview was typo-ridden, which doesn't normally bother me. Except she misspelled her director's name, whom I was to call upon arrival to the site. So I essentially called the director (my interviewer) by the wrong name over the phone for a job that is heavily phone-based. Awesome.

Typical interview with friendly office and staff. I was offered a group interview, but was notified a day before that they wish me luck on my career search elsewhere.

It got interesting when out of the blue three months later they call for a group interview which I attended. I was the only person who showed up. The HR rep seemed rushed and unfocused making me feel like I had completely wasted my afternoon. She concluded by saying that she would review my past interviews and contact me (aka "Why didn't we like you before?"). I received no contact whatsoever even after a interview thank you note and follow-up inquiry. Basically seems like the HR department might need to review their own performances.

Interview Question – What do you know about the position?   View Answer

Admissions Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview Details – Great hiring process, but they've since gotten rid of the local HR person. It's going to either be temps or their centralized HR service now, so I don't know how the hiring process will go now.

Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in August 2008.

Interview Details – The majority of the question were about sales experience. The work culture was great when the enrollment numbers were high. This is not the case when enrollment was down.

Interview Question – What do you think is the most important part of your initial discussion with prospective students? How would you follow up?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate -- they are on a very compensation schedule.

Very Easy Interview

Admissions Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DeVry University in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was easy for me although others had panel interviews that were intense

Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in July 2011.

Interview Details – The process was fairly short first it started with a phone interview. Which lasted about 30 minutes after the phone interview I was offered a face to face.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at DeVry University

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DeVry University Admissions Representative interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by DeVry University employees and interview candidates.