DeVry University

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in March 2009.

Interview Details – Group phone interview - lasted about an hour. Lots of questions about how I would treat students, would I follow policies etc. You'd have to be an idiot not to give them the answer they wanted so you could get the job. I had to fill out a form that was essentially the same questions - so a little redundant that I asked them in the interview.

Interview Question – Would I stop my teaching at other schools so as not to interfere with my teaching for them? I said no...but couldn't believe they even suggested it. Turns out they don't like you teaching for their competitors. I teach at a state school - had to laugh that devry thinks of them as a competitor. Almost told them that people go to devry because they can't get into state schools. Then after having been there for a few years they suddenly asked me to get a drug test. That was the final straw. Low pay, no raises...and out of the blue a drug test. I resigned.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation - take it or leave it.

Atlanta, GA

The process took 6 months - interviewed at DeVry University in May 2012.

Interview Details – Extended Interview and evaluation process with little communication between each successive step. The people are very easy to relate to and work with and encourage you each step of the way. The culture is definitely collaborative. The standards for acceptance are high but not insurmountable. The position being interviewed for was as an instructor for the Becker CPA Review course.

Interview Question – Explain why you are interested in this position and identify the qualities that make you a superior candidate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation, compensation was stated as predetermined.

Instructor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at DeVry University in August 2010.

Interview Details – Straightforward 1 on 1 interview, then invited back a few days later to give a teaching demonstration before a group of staff members. Background check etc. all followed after the offer and acceptance. Everyone involved was super nice.

Interview Question – Why do you want to teach   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Instructor salaries are fixed based on the number of credits for the course; no negotiation.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!