DeVry University Instructor Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in March 2009.

Group phone interview - lasted about an hour. Lots of questions about how I would treat students, would I follow policies etc. You'd have to be an idiot not to give them the answer they wanted so you could get the job. I had to fill out a form that was essentially the same questions - so a little redundant that I asked them in the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Would I stop my teaching at other schools so as not to interfere with my teaching for them? I said no...but couldn't believe they even suggested it. Turns out they don't like you teaching for their competitors. I teach at a state school - had to laugh that devry thinks of them as a competitor. Almost told them that people go to devry because they can't get into state schools. Then after having been there for a few years they suddenly asked me to get a drug test. That was the final straw. Low pay, no raises...and out of the blue a drug test. I resigned.   Answer Question
there is no negotiation - take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for DeVry University

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 6 months - interviewed at DeVry University in May 2012.

Extended Interview and evaluation process with little communication between each successive step. The people are very easy to relate to and work with and encourage you each step of the way. The culture is definitely collaborative. The standards for acceptance are high but not insurmountable. The position being interviewed for was as an instructor for the Becker CPA Review course.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you are interested in this position and identify the qualities that make you a superior candidate.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation, compensation was stated as predetermined.

Instructor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at DeVry University in August 2010.

Straightforward 1 on 1 interview, then invited back a few days later to give a teaching demonstration before a group of staff members. Background check etc. all followed after the offer and acceptance. Everyone involved was super nice.

Interview Questions
    Instructor salaries are fixed based on the number of credits for the course; no negotiation.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!