DeVry University

85 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Adjunct Faculty

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview Details – Had 3 phone interviews and they required a philosophy of teaching and a vision and values statement. They pay $1500 a course and only pay when the course is over. They wasted my time because the first two interviews said nothing about me having never taught online being problematic. The final interview was courteous, but once she learned that i never taught on line she finished the interview quickly. I hate companies that waste my valuable time.

Admissions Advisor I Interview

Admissions Advisor I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in July 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email from a recruiter. Spoke to recruiter in a phone interview. Took personality and basic math skills tests online. Came in for in person interview - 2 people interviewed me at once. Had to get a drug screen test and they also had to verify that I had a Bachelor's degree. Got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The salary was non-negotiable.

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Operations Support Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. I got a call back from HR in IL a few days later. She wanted to set up a phone interview. I think I had to wait about a week until the phone interview. It was supposed to take about an hour and a half, but I think it took 20 min. Really easy questions: Do you like people, describe a situation where you had to choose who to help first, student or boss, stuff like that. I was just friendly and she immediately wanted to set me up for an in person interview. I found out later she interviews a bunch of people and then picks the top three to send in. She sent me an online assessment to do. It was dull. I had to wait over two weeks until someone was ready to interview me in person. She showed me around the area and everyone was really friendly. Some questions had to do with the situation they find themselves in right now; lay-offs, change of culture, etc. So she asked how I react to new co-workers/co-workers leaving, how I respond to students questions that seem stupid, etc. It's been a week now and I haven't hears back. I know I did well on the interview, but it's killing to not hear anything.
tl;dr simple questions, nice atmosphere. Be nice and help students above all else.

Interview Question – What do you do when you've finished your work but still have to be on the clock?   View Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Adjunct Professor
Chesapeake, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in July 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call back in mid-July and interviewed with the Dean of Academic Affairs for a position that began in late August. The first interview was 30 minutes, covering the basics - and there was nothing remarkable about it. I passed the screen. The second interview was a simulated classroom test, teaching to the Dean. He sought a highly interactive style of teaching in which every student would be asked a question at least once per session.

Interview Question – Nothing was very difficult but I was asked to compute the CPI in the classroom session.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took what they offered, but the contract was not made available until the day before classes began. This was a bit off-putting but I wanted the job, so I took a chance, and had no regrets.

Visiting Professor Interview

Visiting Professor
North Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed for the position of a tutor. After working as a tutor for two weeks, my manager forwarded my resume to the Chair of the developmental English department. I was then interviewed by her.

Interview Question – I dont think I had any difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was good and I accepted it.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Admissions Advisor
Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewing process consists of several phone and/or personal interviews. The applications are screened by internal recruiters and candidates must complete a behavorial assessment before the initial meeting with the hiring manager. Typically, once in the interview process a candidate will need to interview three different managers before an offer will be provided.

Interview Question – All of the questions are situations based questions so it is important to go into the interview prepared with examples of real life situations where you were able to solve a problem or handle a specific situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is very little if any room for negotiation.

Student Support Advisor Interview

Student Support Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview Details – Applied online; received a call for a panel interview a couple of weeks later; received a call back for the position after a couple of months.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The panel was professional, however I felt comfortable speaking with them.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor I Interview

Admissions Advisor I

Interviewed at DeVry University

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by a face to face interview with 2 or more people.

Interview Question – giving equal attention to both interviews and answering both the questions.   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Operations Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview Details – Telephone and 2 in person (One panel of 5 and one on one interview)

Negotiation Details – Very easy. I had did my research so I knew what the hiring range would be.

IT Tech Assistant Interview

IT Tech Assistant
Bethesda, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DeVry University in October 2011.

Interview Details – They usually hire people who have connections within the company or you have to have extreme qualifications along with the grades

Interview Question – What source would you use to give a student to find a laptop?   View Answer

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!