DeVry University Interview Questions

2.9

Online Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in March 2010.

It was actually a pretty simple process. I referred by a friend to a recruiter. She forwarded my resume to him. He liked what he saw. Call and spoke to me about my credentials. I interviewed in January and got the job in February and started training in March. There is a lot of paperwork to complete.

No negotiation, set salary.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University.

Had 3 phone interviews and they required a philosophy of teaching and a vision and values statement. They pay $1500 a course and only pay when the course is over. They wasted my time because the first two interviews said nothing about me having never taught online being problematic. The final interview was courteous, but once she learned that i never taught on line she finished the interview quickly. I hate companies that waste my valuable time.

Admissions Advisor I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in July 2011.

Received an email from a recruiter. Spoke to recruiter in a phone interview. Took personality and basic math skills tests online. Came in for in person interview - 2 people interviewed me at once. Had to get a drug screen test and they also had to verify that I had a Bachelor's degree. Got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you/how are you motivated?   Answer Question
    • What is your learning style ?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you tried to reach a goal and failed.   Answer Question
    • Rate the following things in the order of importance to you on a job and why: Money, Recognition, Empathy, Success   Answer Question
    The salary was non-negotiable.

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in May 2014.

I applied online. I got a call back from HR in IL a few days later. She wanted to set up a phone interview. I think I had to wait about a week until the phone interview. It was supposed to take about an hour and a half, but I think it took 20 min. Really easy questions: Do you like people, describe a situation where you had to choose who to help first, student or boss, stuff like that. I was just friendly and she immediately wanted to set me up for an in person interview. I found out later she interviews a bunch of people and then picks the top three to send in. She sent me an online assessment to do. It was dull. I had to wait over two weeks until someone was ready to interview me in person. She showed me around the area and everyone was really friendly. Some questions had to do with the situation they find themselves in right now; lay-offs, change of culture, etc. So she asked how I react to new co-workers/co-workers leaving, how I respond to students questions that seem stupid, etc. It's been a week now and I haven't hears back. I know I did well on the interview, but it's killing to not hear anything.
    tl;dr simple questions, nice atmosphere. Be nice and help students above all else.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you've finished your work but still have to be on the clock?   View Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in July 2012.

I received a call back in mid-July and interviewed with the Dean of Academic Affairs for a position that began in late August. The first interview was 30 minutes, covering the basics - and there was nothing remarkable about it. I passed the screen. The second interview was a simulated classroom test, teaching to the Dean. He sought a highly interactive style of teaching in which every student would be asked a question at least once per session.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult but I was asked to compute the CPI in the classroom session.   Answer Question
    I took what they offered, but the contract was not made available until the day before classes began. This was a bit off-putting but I wanted the job, so I took a chance, and had no regrets.

Visiting Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at DeVry University.

I was first interviewed for the position of a tutor. After working as a tutor for two weeks, my manager forwarded my resume to the Chair of the developmental English department. I was then interviewed by her.

Interview Questions
    The offer was good and I accepted it.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in June 2010.

The interviewing process consists of several phone and/or personal interviews. The applications are screened by internal recruiters and candidates must complete a behavorial assessment before the initial meeting with the hiring manager. Typically, once in the interview process a candidate will need to interview three different managers before an offer will be provided.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are situations based questions so it is important to go into the interview prepared with examples of real life situations where you were able to solve a problem or handle a specific situation.   View Answer
    There is very little if any room for negotiation.

Student Support Advisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at DeVry University.

Applied online; received a call for a panel interview a couple of weeks later; received a call back for the position after a couple of months.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The panel was professional, however I felt comfortable speaking with them.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor I Interview

Phone interview, followed by a face to face interview with 2 or more people.

Interview Questions
    • giving equal attention to both interviews and answering both the questions.   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University.

Telephone and 2 in person (One panel of 5 and one on one interview)

Very easy. I had did my research so I knew what the hiring range would be.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!