DeVry University

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.9

Admissions Advisor I Interview

Phone interview, followed by a face to face interview with 2 or more people.

Interview Questions
    • giving equal attention to both interviews and answering both the questions.   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Telephone and 2 in person (One panel of 5 and one on one interview)

Very easy. I had did my research so I knew what the hiring range would be.

Academic Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Initial phone interview with general background questions.
    Online assessment with behavioral questions.
    Two in person interviews at the location that focused on situational questions

After I completed this process they decided there was no longer a need to fill the position. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and I had a positive impression of those I encountered.

Executive Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

In my opinion, they have a very professional pre-screening process. There was terrific follow-up from the staff at headquarters. The on-site interviewer, himself, who has apparently enjoyed great success at the institution, appeared uninterested in me as a candidate for the job, basically minimizing my credentials and past performance at a similar institution. I was very disappointed with the way the interview went, but still hoped that things would work out somehow, as the staff at headquarters treated me very well.

Interview Questions
    • The apparently indifferent attitude of the interviewer towards my answers.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Make sure your ideas and answers are clear and concise

Interview Questions
    • If I asked one of your colleagues about you what would they say negatively about you?   View Answer
    Long and drawn out

Student Finance Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DeVry University.

Panel, behavior based questions

No negotiation

Student Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DeVry University.

Hiring and Interview Process was very professional and quick for me personally; however, judging by some of the other employees that worked here, I am constantly wondering how they managed to get a job at ALL, let alone with DeVry (they were VERY incompetent, unprofessional, and lacking critical thinking skills).

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions; they were all very "standard" and robotic.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary - my starting salary was $9,000.00 more than the bottom "base" salary.

Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Once the electronic rover has scanned your resume and human resources has vetted you, you'll have an in-person interview with the Director of Admissions, and then a second interview with the Campus Dean. There is an extensive skills test (math, logic, personality traits) If all of that is in your favor, then the background and drug test, and you're done.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell an education since it is not something the customer can hold or readily see the effects that derive from it?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation process, they explain the compensation package at your time of hire and that's that. It's particularly lucrative, so not a bad thing.

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University in September 2013.

I was not particularly impressed by the interviewer who at the start of the interview indicated she was behind schedule (phone interview) so she wanted to push this call straight through. As a prospective candidate, they are either interested in you or not, and this led me to believe she was just following a course that she was required to take. Doesn't speak well of their hiring practices.

Interview Questions
    • One of the first questions of me was why I wanted to (continue) working?   View Answer

Academics Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

There were three interviews. The initial one was with HR, and covered quite a bit of necessary information. The second was with the people working in the area where I would be, and was great both give and take. I was impressed with the quality of the people. The third, which should have been a caution for me, was that EVERY person for every position had to interview with the President of the campus. On a campus with hundreds of employees, this should have indicated a small-minded person who could not trust subordinates' judgment about employment.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, and no gotchas. Some of the questions were obviously looking for rote answers, and were a part of a social norming process.   Answer Question
    Read "How to make $1000 a minute negotiating your salary." I did. I upped my salary from the initially offered amount by 5%. They would not budge on two quality of life issues that were more important than salary to me, however, and it was ultimately quality of life, and not salary, that drove me away. That, and the need to lie to students.