DeVry University

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.9

Student Success Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Te hiring process consists of the initial assessment completed on a computer. It was the "fastest & most accurate responses" assessment that also measured problem-solving skills. If your results meet the needs for the position (whatever measurement they use) then you moved onto the interview process. For the SSC position, there were two parts to the interview process. There was a one-on-one interview with the direct manager for about an hour and a half. Then there was a panel interview of three to four DeVry employees from various departments for about an hour and a half. Both parts consisted of behavioral response-type questions, such as "if you were in this situation, how would you respond" or "give me an example of a time where you had a challenging customer & how did you resolve it?" Outside of the three hours total of interview time, the interviewee is complete. From there, the panel provides input on their perception of the individual and whether or not they would be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions
    • "When was a time you had to tell a customer "no" and how did you handle the situation?"   View Answer
    No negotiation possible, but that may have also been the HR woman I was working with. She wasn't on the competent side at all.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

I interviewed with the Director of Admissions and an Admissions Manager. They actually played "good cop/bad cop" to try and get me frustrated to see my reaction. I figured what was going on pretty quickly, and was able to handle it well. It turned me off to anything else these two women had to say for the rest of my time there. I was working within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult, typically customer service/sales pitch questions. Know that they are looking for you to be able to close the sale every time, through emotional manipulation if necessary.   Answer Question
    I negotiated with the HR person and I felt it was like any other process.

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DeVry University.

basically they make you fill out a long form millions of questions then you do an inhouse group interview which is awkward followed by one on ones. It took HR a good 4 weeks to get back to me by which I was already employed with another company

Interview Questions
    • They were all off a white sheet of paper (skills/passions/goals) typical run of the mill   Answer Question

already employed

Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Phone screen w/HR pretty standard situational questions....personality testing w/an algebra component. One on One interview with two people normally an assistant director (supervisor) and Director (manager). You will find a lot of the questions are sales oiented in nature but the terminology is tweaked slighty since this is not sales in theory. There will also be a drug and background check assuming you are offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • "A student you interviewed calls back and says I want to hold off on school because I just got promoted and don't need it anymore"....how do you get him/her to start classes anyway?   Answer Question
    No negotiation....one size fit all low to mid 40's

Directon of Admissions Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DeVry University.

Very simple but very detailed.

Admissions Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University in May 2013.

This position was for the Online Programs Admissions Advisor I in Orlando,FL. First had a phone interview with someone for the IL headquarters. She called me 15 minutes late so I was pretty frustrated about that when she finally decided to call. The interview took about 30 minutes and she just asked standard behavioral questions, strengths and weaknesses, and asked me to go through my resume for her. About 15 minutes into the interview I heard dogs barking in the background. She freaked out and kept saying sorry that she was "working from home." She told me someone would be calling in 2 days schedule a face to face interview. Didn't actually get a call until two weeks later.

The face to face interview wasn't that much better. I got there 10 minutes early for a 10AM appointment. I didn't get called in to see anyone until 10:45AM. Apparently the people at DeVry have no sense of punctuality. The interviewers (there were 2) were dressed in jeans and baggy t-shirts. One of them mentioned that it was casual Friday, but honestly if you know you're interview people you might want to dress a little nicer. The interview went well. They described the position and asked just about the same questions as during the phone interview. After the interview they put me with someone that was working to see what the a day working as an advisor would be like. They said they would get back to me in 3 buisness days and I still haven't heard back from anyone and it's been 2 weeks since I had my interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a student that told you no other university charges an application fee like DeVry does?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DeVry University.

Interview process was streamline. Phone screening through HR Generalist. After phone screening was invited for a personal interview with the Director of Admissions following immediately by the Assistant Director of Admissions. Since I had nothing else to do that day, they pulled me directly into a Panel Interview with the Dean of Student Central, the Director of High School Programs, and Manager of Financial Aid. I received a call the next day with the job offer.

Senior Financial Advisor Interview

Quick...I was already working as a financial office assistant

No, Negotiation

Admissions Advisor I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Applied online
    1) Recruiter phone screen, job/responsibilities description, work hours then phone interview -
    30 minutes
    2) Personality and skills assesment test - 30 minutes
    3) 1:1 interview with direct report Hiring Manager- 45 minutes
    4) Phone interview with Regional Manager- 45 minutes
    4) 1:1 interview with campus Dean of Students - 1 hour
    5) Offer then background and drug screen

HR staff was very professional, phone calls to set appointments followed up with email confirmations. Standard and behavioral interview questions based on customer service, problem solving and team work. Formal offer in writing with option to review benefits package before accepting offer. Very little room for salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • The usual interview questions, "Walk me through your resume, Why do you want to leave your current employer, Why DeVry, What qualities do you bring to the team, What are your strengths, What are your weaknesses,Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer...   Answer Question
    Very little room for negotiation.

Executive Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Initial interview, was a group interview. Second interview was a panel interview.

I spoke with HR who told me what the salary was. I asked for a higher salary and HR and I went back and forth, and I was able to get more than what was initially offered.