DeVry University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.8

Visiting Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (North Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

I was first interviewed for the position of a tutor. After working as a tutor for two weeks, my manager forwarded my resume to the Chair of the developmental English department. I was then interviewed by her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was good and I accepted it.

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call back from HR in IL a few days later. She wanted to set up a phone interview. I think I had to wait about a week until the phone interview. It was supposed to take about an hour and a half, but I think it took 20 min. Really easy questions: Do you like people, describe a situation where you had to choose who to help first, student or boss, stuff like that. I was just friendly and she immediately wanted to set me up for an in person interview. I found out later she interviews a bunch of people and then picks the top three to send in. She sent me an online assessment to do. It was dull. I had to wait over two weeks until someone was ready to interview me in person. She showed me around the area and everyone was really friendly. Some questions had to do with the situation they find themselves in right now; lay-offs, change of culture, etc. So she asked how I react to new co-workers/co-workers leaving, how I respond to students questions that seem stupid, etc. It's been a week now and I haven't hears back. I know I did well on the interview, but it's killing to not hear anything. tl;dr simple questions, nice atmosphere. Be nice and help students above all else.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you've finished your work but still have to be on the clock?   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University in April 2014.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Simple and quick phone interview, then fairly low intensity in-person interview (how do you deal with student engagement, etc.), and a final 20 min teaching session (on topic of choice) for a couple deans. Of course, the person who hired me left shortly after I got hired (turn over is really high) so things may be different for you!

Negotiation

None

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Applied online; received a call for a panel interview a couple of weeks later; received a call back for the position after a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The panel was professional, however I felt comfortable speaking with them.   Answer Question

Student Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Spoke with someone in HR who set me up with a phone interview. Phone interview went well, went on to an in person interview with 2 employees at DeVry who would essentially be my bosses. Both people I interviewed with I found to be very unfriendly, making the entire process intimidating. If i was offered a job, I most likely would have declined.

Interview Questions

• Explain some sales techniques you've had to use in the past   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor I Interview

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a face to face interview with 2 or more people.

Interview Questions

• giving equal attention to both interviews and answering both the questions.   Answer Question

Admission Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Absolutely worst interview experience in my life. I was interviewed by two people at the same time. They were both extremely rude and rushed the interview as if I was distracting them from work. They were both late for the interview and left me sitting in the reception area for at least 10-minutes. After the interview, I knew I did not want to work for that company. I was more than happy that they didn't want me as well.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job, are you wealthy?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Telephone and 2 in person (One panel of 5 and one on one interview)

Negotiation

Very easy. I had did my research so I knew what the hiring range would be.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Initial phone interview with general background questions. Online assessment with behavioral questions. Two in person interviews at the location that focused on situational questions After I completed this process they decided there was no longer a need to fill the position. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and I had a positive impression of those I encountered.

Executive Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

In my opinion, they have a very professional pre-screening process. There was terrific follow-up from the staff at headquarters. The on-site interviewer, himself, who has apparently enjoyed great success at the institution, appeared uninterested in me as a candidate for the job, basically minimizing my credentials and past performance at a similar institution. I was very disappointed with the way the interview went, but still hoped that things would work out somehow, as the staff at headquarters treated me very well.

Interview Questions

• The apparently indifferent attitude of the interviewer towards my answers.   Answer Question