DeVry University

Student Finance Consultant I Position Interview

Student Finance Consultant I Position
Fort Washington, PA

Interviewed at DeVry University

Interview Details – Phone,In-person interview and personality test.
Interviews went very well but they promoted within, that is a good look to me because that shows they are loyal to there employees. I can respect that

Tutor Interview

Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied normally through the library and had a recommendation from another worker so i got an interview immediately.

Interview Question – What will you do when you do not have any work on hand to do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Admissions Advisor I Interview

Admissions Advisor I
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DeVry University in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later recieved a phone call from a recruiter. He set up a phone interview time. I spoke with him again for the phone interview in which he asked me several questions about my prior experience and how I would handle different situations. He was very nice. He set up an in person interview for me with the director.

I arrived for my interview with the director five minutes early. I sat in a waiting room and could see her talking with someone else. Fifteen minutes after my scheduled interview time she finally had time to talk with me. She was nice but she asked questions that other interviewers don't normally ask such as what other schools was I applying to and if I was re-hirable at the last school I had worked for.

When it was my turn to ask questions, one question was whether or not they used a tiering system to distribute leads. She acted like I was dumb and had just asked a stupid question. Of course not! Tiering is illegal and perhaps I needed to go home and do some more research on how things worked in this field. (After I got home I asked an old co-worker if they were still using a tiering system at work. Yes, they are. So this director didn't know what she was talking about and she left thinking that I was the one who was misinformed.)

When I was done she asked if I had any more questions. I said no, that was in and she asked me if I was sure....twice. It was as if she was trying to get me to ask something specific but I had no idea what I had missed.

I left knowing she wouldn't hire me but I sent the nice hand written thank you note anyway. I heard nothing......from anyone. I didn't even get a rejection email.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for DeVry over University of Pheonix? (I wanted to say that either would do and really what I wanted was a job but I said something about their superior accreditation.)   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Downers Grove, IL

I applied online - interviewed at DeVry University in April 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed on site with several managers for two different positions in the HR department within a 3-month period. No one got back to me. I contacted the recruiters to politely ask whether the positions were filled and they did not respond at all. Very unprofessional HR team!

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker
Miramar, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DeVry University in July 2011.

Interview Details – It was a group interview consisting of the department head, the expected supervisor and a senior individual within the position

Interview Question – What is you best strength?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Atlanta, GA

The process took 6 months - interviewed at DeVry University in May 2012.

Interview Details – Extended Interview and evaluation process with little communication between each successive step. The people are very easy to relate to and work with and encourage you each step of the way. The culture is definitely collaborative. The standards for acceptance are high but not insurmountable. The position being interviewed for was as an instructor for the Becker CPA Review course.

Interview Question – Explain why you are interested in this position and identify the qualities that make you a superior candidate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation, compensation was stated as predetermined.

Career Advisor Interview

Fremont, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and was contacted. I had two interviews with different panel interviewers in each, asking a series of questions. The interview was pretty much like a regular interview, but they really want to know of your achievements and what you can bring to help the campus and company grow.

Interview Question – This position requires the applicant to be available during shift work, how flexible are you with your schedule?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I would have liked to know the salary range before making my own offer, because once you accept an offer, that becomes your base. After that, you can only get up to a 10% raise for annual reviews and promotions.

Admissions Advisor I Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DeVry University in January 2011.

Interview Details – Behavioral based questions with a large emphasis on customer service and comfort level on phone.

Interview Questions

Student Finance Consultant Interview

Student Finance Consultant
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DeVry University in November 2011.

Interview Details – Everybody was friendly and very professional.

Interview Question – What was a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were fair. They consider your experience along with the average salary of your position.

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Addison, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DeVry University in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was called for a brief screen and set up a phone interview. Phone Interview, which included situational questions and things like why devry? what are your strengths? How would you approach a situation in which the student was not interested? and the same ones others have posted here.

Was told at the end of the phone interview that I would be set up with an on site interview with the director and assistant director of admissions. The onsite interview was harder and more intimidating. Director did most of the talking. I knew in the middle of the meeting that I would not take the job if I got an offer. Felt like the dude was nice because he had too not because he wanted too.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   View Answer